Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I've considered a boob job one day, possibly just a lift, but I want to wait until I'm done having kids, because who knows what that will do to them! Lol. Maybe by that point I won't care, so we'll see.

@Rachel0778 We are celebrating tonight, since we both worked late yesterday. Although he did get me fuzzy socks and a card, and I got him a giant tub of cheese puffs and a card, haha. Tonight, we will have our massage and then we'll make our dinner. I found this Tuscan spaghetti squash recipe that we're going to try. I've surprisingly never made spaghetti squash before (although I have had it at a restaurant). I gave my husband the choice between that recipe and a way unhealthier one, and I was very surprised with his choice!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Thank you! I'm glad someone else feels that I was wronged! Lol. I'm kind of glad that I ended up leaving. It had been so long since I had a legitimate break and it's been pretty nice. At least the last 3 weeks have. But I'm really hoping I find something soon. We are definitely going to need the money soon. We've pretty much blown through our savings because we weren't budgeting while until I started taking the meds again, which coincidentally was 3 weeks ago! Lol.

@gymprincess1234 Yay break! I always loved them! I would usually do nothing but read and sleep during them. I hope you enjoy your time here in the US. It has some really beautiful scenery. Especially where you're going, I think. Lol.

@rachelcalsbeek I've always had the opposite problem. I spent most of my life flatchested. It wasn't until I started gaining weight steadily that I actually developed one. I'm really hoping that it doesn't shrink too much when I'm finally at my goal weight. I remember that back when I was in the 120's I had virtually no chest. Lol. My DH says he doesn't care but I will. But I guess that it's a good trade-off, right? No chest but down to a healthy weight.

So the first time in 3 weeks I slept in until 11! I haven't done that since I went back on the meds. It felt very nice but pretty much screwed up my whole day. I dont think I am going to get to the gym because the DH isn't feeling well today and when he comes from home from work he wants to nap with me. Lol. And I have a bunch of computer stuff I have to do in the next few hours. So I guess today is a rest day. But I will definitely have a deficit. I woke up so late that I haven't really eaten a proper meal yet. Not healthy I know, but I will have an afternoon snack and a big dinner and maybe some ice cream for dessert. Lol.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'll still have to look for apartments and tomorrow I'm getting uni results, which will determine in what country I'm living the other half of the year, so there will be stuff to do, but otherwise it's so nice to be on holidays :) Sleeping in being one major advantage ! :smiley:

I've been making these amazing wraps the past couple days:
    tortilla 200kcal
    2 table spoons of light hummus 40kcal
    5 slices of turkey bacon 45kcal
    a couple leafs of lettuce not more than 2kcal
    So this massive warm wrap at just 300kcal and I get a very proportionate dose of carbs, fats and protein. :) Baked a whole chicken yesterday, will use the leftovers for another one tomorrow.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 Sounds like a yummy wrap. Do you have any preferences on where you're posted next?

@HGSmith0920 I'm glad you're getting a break too. It is hard to enjoy with money stress looming, I hope your interview works out!

@rachelcalsbeek Let me know how the spaghetti squash turns out!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Sadly I realized I have a laundry list of cleaning to do tomorrow so my free day is mostly going to be spent doing that. Easy exercise though, right? The faster I work the faster it's done! I also need to give both dogs a bath, they are getting downright smelly! Tonight when I'm dropping my SO at the airport I might stop at Trader Joes to get some staples so I don't have to cook this week on top of cleaning. Their pre-made and frozen stuff are lifesavers!

This morning I woke up early and got my workout in. Between that and dance class last night my shoulders are WIPED! I think I might be the opposite of a weekend warrior because I usually squeeze everything in during the week so I can relax more on the weekends (or in this case get my cleaning in!).
  • CoreyDanielsGets
    Options
    Hello, my name is Corey and I'm a sugar addict? I was accustom to a little construction work or cabling. Been jobless for about a year outside freelance computer desk work. Gained 30lbs/Turned 39yrs old/alcohol and sugar for comfort. Now with a "Ripped By 40!" fix it game plan I find workouts doable. I find healthy meals tasty. Liquor could be less. But sugar(snacks, soda etc) and sodium rich toppings.... Again my name is Corey and I'm a sugar addict thank you for letting me share?
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 England, I love it there. It's just uncertainty about a 3month period later this year, otherwise after that I'm retiring from my gipsy lifestyle.

Morning, fit pals!
    It's day 1 of week 7! I will stop counting when I get past 12 weeks, cause 3months are always critical for me, when trying to lose weight in one specific method. So far I haven't got fed up with tracking, so all is good!

Have to run some errands in town, so decided I might as well do it on foot and walk my kcals off!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Happy Friday, friends!

@Rachel0778 The spaghetti squash was delicious!

Last night was great. The massage was very relaxing. I decided to track everything from my cheat meal, and I ended up only going over my calories by 700. With my initial estimate, I was like 1200 over. Apparently I can't eat as much food or drink as much wine as I thought!

I'm back to the gym tonight. I have my food all planned out for today. I'm going to a baby shower tomorrow and then out with the girls, so I'll probably be pretty lax with my eating/tracking that day. I will be working out Saturday and Sunday, though. I have Monday off from my full-time job, which I'm excited about. My husband still has school and work that day, so I'm not sure what I'll do. I have to work my part-time job at 5:30 pm. Maybe I'll check out a new exercise class that meets during the day that I can't normally go to.

What are all of your plans for the weekend?
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    I did some sightseeing today, 3 different beaches, all amazing! Even saw a seal in the ocean and some dudes crabbing. Made me crave sea food so went for sushi haha For the rest of the weekend - have some errands to do, but otherwise gym, books, just chilling :)

Did 3,5h walking and 1h15min gym session today, so my legs will be dead tomorrow, but I really wanted to have a full deficit day.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    How is everyone's weekend going? I've been in high spirits, cause it's sunny and I'm getting a lot of things done even though it's holidays. Will go on another beach walk, cause those 3,5h burned 600kcal and I like that very much! :D

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    My weekend is wonderful! We've got a lot done as well. And it's been to sit back and relax for a while too. It's supposed to be in the 70's and sunny on Wednesday. The DH is off from work so I think we might take the bikes out and go for a ride in a local park. It will be a nice change of pace than the constant gym workouts(not that mind the gym!) It's also something that the DH can do with his terrible body. I just hope he agrees to it. Lol. I'm glad you are getting a lot done! I used to use my vacation time to do things around the house, as well relax. I hope you have a blast the next few days!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    It's snow day in Vancouver, so I went for a 2h walk to the ocean. It's so stunning here! Especially on a sunny day when you clearly see all the mountains! Feel so lucky to switch gym today for a walk. I tracked it as a slow walking, but it was more like a hike, cause of the snow and some incline streets. Good to get some natural vitamin D too! :)

• dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I worked 12 hour day shifts over the weekend so my weekend started this morning!!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    I've been watching Olympic figure skating all evening and concluded that if those athletes can work their *kitten* off for 4 year for couple minutes of performance, I can pull my motivation together and finish this weight loss! Yet another day in deficit, very chuffed with myself! :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 :) Awesome job! And so true about the figure skaters! My mom and I used to watch it every time it was on TV. Mom still does. Lol. Good job with the deficit! I actually had to force myself to eat so that I was above 1000 calories yesterday. I dont know, I guess because I didn't eat much during the day. I had a large dinner though. Keep up the great work!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Morning!
    Got some good news this morning, now I know where I will spend the rest of the year and 2019 and can plan all my trips again!

There is one weight loss thing I don't like - all the veins!! I can very clearly see that my weight is coming off my mid section and now especially hips, which now look like someone draw with a greenish marker on them! Maybe I'm just so pale the skin is transparent :D

My USA trip starts tomorrow, which will be a lot of walking, so I'm taking today easy and not working out.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 Where will you be studying? And have a blast on your trip! I hope you love it!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Thank you! :) After Canada semester I'm working in England, then holidays back in Latvia and I'll be back in Lyon, France, for my last uni semester! So I'll do a family trip to the South of France, Monaco and Italy. And after Christmas I will move back to England again. Basically my life consists of 3-4month periods in different places :D
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    Gemwolf110, I really hope your dog is ok & you got a puppy! I love dogs, we have 6. gymprincess I was imagining when you talked about seeing the mountains, I would love to stand there & drink in that view. It's great that you can go to so many places, I love seeing other countries on tv at least. HGSmith, I'm so glad you had a good week end. I'm still getting over pneumonia, feeling a lot better. I went to the gym Saturday, didn't work out too hard but it went ok. I worked yesterday, as I do every sunday. It was a good day too. Yesterday I planed to go to gym this morning while it's pretty cold then take dogs to dog park around 10 then go volunteer at the animal rescue, but I slept so poorly, getting up every couple hours, I didn't go anything yet & it's almost 9:30. I get real tired & need to recover after a day of being busy. I haven't slept well for a long time. Some nights worse than others. Yesterday on mfp, a person was asking about this & several ppl said they haven't slept well since they cut down on carbs. Anyone experience this? I am planing to do all the things I mentioned just not start out as early as I planed. Everyone have a great Monday
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Evamutt carbs make me very sleepy, so I see the correlation.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Evamutt That's terrible that you still haven't gotten over pneumonia yet! I haven't noticed a correlation, but honestly, I haven't really been paying attention to it. I think I will start looking into it! I hope you are able to get everything done! That seems like a jam-packed day. I would say still take it easy. Dont try to do too much too soon. You dont want a relapse!

@gymprincess1234 You really are like a gypsy! Are you originally from Latvia? I hope that you have an awesome time in England! I have a lot of distant relatives in Scotland. I would love to spend some time in Great Britain and meet them some day.