Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    How can it be dangerous, gymprincess? I've never heard that before. We do eat it sometime but not regularly

There are a couple threads and articles on MFP on it as well, like this http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/392909/basa-fish-do-not-purchase-or-eat

https://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/12-unhealthy-fish-to-avoid-eating

It is cause of the farming conditions, I would never eat it, unless you get it locally and really know where and how it's been farmed.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Good afternoon!

It's day 4 of week 4, time is going so fast this week! Went for a long walk, weirdly got nausea and dizziness, probably cause I was fueled only by breakfast. Sad the weekend is over.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    thank you, I'll read those
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I read some of the article, will read more after kitchen clean up, by the way, the other name for this is swai
  • gymprincess1234
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There's a lot of names, in Europe we call it Pangasius fish, it's the cheapest, but I rather pay more and eat salmon, but at least I know it's not as bad.

As I'm going to US in 2 weeks, I wanted to ask you all, what are the packaged (non-frozen) American snacks/junk food/ low kcal foods/just delicious stuff you would recommend me to buy? I read a lot about HALO TOP low-kcal ice cream, I'll definitely try that still in US , but as I eat a flexible diet, I'm up to try all the candy and what not too.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Great job getting a good burn and helping out your godmom! Plyometrics is basically jump training. It tends to be high intensity interval training focused on jumps (jump squats, jump lunges, burpees, etc).

@Evamutt Just check to see where the fish is sourced and you should be fine :) And that goes for all fish. Swai is not in and of itself dangerous, it's just more likely to be sourced from a polluted river or be a part of unsustainable fishing practices.

@gymprincess1234 Halo top is definitely a must! Peanut butter is another one, I could never get great peanut butter when I studied abroad. I don't eat a ton of pre-packaged stuff, but I think we tend to have more fun oreo flavors so if you're looking for junk food that's a good place to start!

Happy Monday everyone! I had a good weekend sticking close to home. I did have a friend over to watch Princess Mononoke on Friday and we went out for a date night to the hockey game on Saturday. It felt so good to actually get out of the house and reconnect again. My SO drove up to a Superbowl Party but I stayed home. I don't care about football and decided I'd rather have an early bedtime. Sadly I slept like crap. I had a nightmare he got hit by a drunk driver and I couldn't shake the fear. He is home safe so hopefully I sleep better tonight!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Any specific brand? Cause I think Canada has a lot of the same ones, no? I'm just looking at things you can't buy in Europe and Canada, and I will be traveling, so only can take packaged things.

Good morning!
    Week 4 day 5! Omg, yet another week almost done! So proud of myself! It's Family Day on Monday, so this weekend will be extra long , which is great - easier for me food-wise! Think I will head up to Whistler, maybe to snowshoe, or just to see some mountains and snow for a day.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 What hockey game? My DH and I are HUGE hockey fans!

Good evening everyone!

So I got some great news today! I dropped 3lbs in the last week. I'm now below my first goal weight by 2lbs. So my next goal is 140 and my ultimate goal is 125. I'm so excited that all this work is finally paying off! I had another good burn again today too. Mom came over for lunch today so I spent about 2.5 hours cleaning the house, 1-hour prepping dinner that was way more complicated then I thought(lol), half an hour stationary bike on interval and 20 minutes leg and ab weight machines. Lol. It was something like 1100 calories burned. So I was able to have two servings of pasta and a bit of ice cream. I haven't bought halo top in forever. It's usually really expensive here. I'm just not will to pay $6 for a pint of ice cream no matter how good or good for me it is. Lol. I'm gonna see if it's on sale by me though. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Thank you for the fish info. My favorite ice cream is Breyers geletto-the cappuccino one. It's not low cal per say, but 1 serving is fine. My downfall lately is Skinnypop popcorn. so hard not to have 3 servings. I'm going to put 1 servings into a baggie, otherwise I keep filling up my bowl. I really don't buy too many treats besides the popcorn. Great job HGSmith. I won't pay a lot for ice cream either. I don't crave it that much, once in a while then I get the "no sugar added" cheap one. I'm still at the same weight but going to start working out some soon. Today I went to volunteer at animal rescue after a month+ off cause I was sick. It was great. I went on the daily dog walk. We walked an hour. Hope to go back Friday.
  • gymprincess1234
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So, exactly 1 month of perfect eating and...I binged. Not the worst case, I went 873kcal over, that means 373kcal over maintenance. I know it can be easily fixed by not eating back tomorrow's workout calories and I will be back like nothing happened, but it just makes me sad, how my mind just jumps out of the window and comes back 1 empty pack of crisps later. :/ It's still a progress to have had 1 month without it, but eh..

On a positive note, my new workout outfit came and it is SO cute! And with new smaller size I can definitely see changes in my figure more than in my old worn to death leggings.
    Also booked a day trip to Whistler this Saturday, will go for a hike there.

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I just bought a few new workout clothes as well! I went from an XL down to a L. I'm try to at least get to a medium in the next 2 months. So we'll see! And one day of binging is okay. Especially after a month of perfect eating. You shouldn't beat yourself up too badly because of it. Everyone needs a day like that every once in a while!
  • gymprincess1234
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I was just sad yesterday about it, but I did a late night gym session and my tummy is as flat as before, so it's fine, didn't damage my week and monthly caloric average that much. :)

Morning!
    Tomorrow will be 4 weeks or 1 month done! I'm so happy I got back to my beast mode and am doing this again. I'm gonna get fit or die trying haha And I don't even think about the scale I will step on in 2,5 months, but about just looking fit and lean! :)
    I'm currently a US 8 tops and US10 bottoms, I started out as US12 tops and US16 bottoms! La Senza staff measured me as 36C, I used to squeeze into 38 and have rolls on my back, cause they wouldn't fit at all. I think I rarely remember I have actually lost 50lbs :D
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 The college I work at has a team :) Congrats on the loss!!! Sorry to hear Halo Top is so expensive where you are at. It's $3.50 at Walmart here

@gymprincess1234 I honestly have no idea what's in Canada supermarkets. Skippy crunchy or creamy naturals are my favs :)

@Evamutt Glad you're back at the rescue!

Happy Tuesday! I got a good nights sleep in so I feel so much better. And I woke up this morning to my grad school acceptance letter, they're quick on the admissions side of things! Happy early birthday present to me :)

Work has been frustrating today. Found out my coworker just decided to leave 3 days of reports for me to handle since he "didn't have time for it last week". What and I magically have time for extra ones this week??? Brat.

My shoulders are also weirdly stiff but I'm not sure how or why. I'm going to keep stretching them out and hope it wasn't an accidental injury :(
  • HGSmith0920
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Rachel0778 What college? The DH watches college hockey if it's on TV as well. Lol. I haven't looked at Walmart, so maybe I'll give it a shot. I really hope you aren't hurt! What are you majoring in for your graduate degree?

@gymprincess1234 When I went off my meds a few months ago, over the time I was off them I ended up dropping 10lbs. But now that I am back on them I was afraid that I was either going to put weight back on or plateau again like I had before the med drop. But after three weeks I've kept losing weight so we'll see. I've lost 30 pounds and I can see that everything on my body is shrinking. Clothes that were tight or just fit this time last year are pretty much falling off of me now! I love it! I want to get a tape measure and see what my measurements are verse what they were last year! Lol

Today was a good day! Got up later than I wanted but still managed to do a bunch of things I anyway. I met up with my friend and her almost 3-year-old son. That was a blast. I just reconnected with her after about 10 years so it's been amazing to spend time with her again. And I played with her son which involved running around a play area at a library for a while. Lol. He is so full of energy. It's insane. But I got to the gym. I FINALLY took care of the many boxes that had been inhabiting my house since Christmas!!! But they are gone now, so tomorrow I can clean up that part of the house. Lol. I'm about to go clean out my freezer which will be annoying but definitely worth it. Lol. I hope everyone has a great night!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Omg, a whole year without measuring, you will have amazing results, I am sure!

I'm feeling a bit ill today, don't know if it's cause of insomnia or over consumption of sodium. Popped in the shops and the sales are amazing in this continent! I got a ton of new clothes, cause I didn't bring a lot with me and I've worn most of them to death. Got a pair of GAP jeans that were down from 89CAD to 16CAD! They fit but I probably can't eat a full meal in them yet :D so they will serve as another measurement. :) Got a cute workout jumper too. It's amazing how much cute gym outfits motivates to go even on days when you don't feel like it !

• gymprincess1234
    Options
    Morning!

It's 4 weeks done today! Yey! Week 5 sounds a lot better, like - I got this! Guess it takes to hit the bottom, in my case twice, to get myself in the right mindset.
    Bought a peanut butter to make my porridge more interesting :D I eat the same thing all the time, my flatmates think it's so boring, but it makes tracking a lot quicker and me less likely to go rogue.

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I tend to cycle the same ten recipes for dinner and the same like 4 lunches. Lol. You're right, it does make it easier to track!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am so happy! My work apparently unblocked this website. I have been diligently reading your posts every day, but it is SUCH a pain to type in long responses on the mobile app. Plus, the "done" button at the top right always gets me; I'll press that instead of "post reply" and then my response disappears.

Anyway, I have been doing pretty good. My nutrition has been on-point, outside of this last weekend. I hit an all-time low weight today. I really need gym motivation, though. I've planned out my workouts monthly, I'm switching things up, but I just can't get myself to go workout sometimes. It's been a week since I've been to the gym. I am planning on going tomorrow. Taking too long of a break like I have makes it really hard to go back.

I did get a second job as a server, and I work 3 nights a week. That has been a nice way to keep active without trying too hard. I do eat there at times, but I stick to healthy salads (and I have the dressing's nutritional information, so that helps) or chili, and I usually overestimate the calories in those. It makes life easier to eat there, plus I get half off.

I'm glad to see that you're all doing well! I will definitely be more active now that I can get online at work with an actual computer.
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I had a NSV last weekend! I am officially wearing size 6 pants. I got jeans and work pants in that size with no stretch. When I started, I was wearing size 12/14 pants. :smiley:
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @rachelcalsbeek That NSV is amazing! When I started I was a 12/14 too! Now I'm an 8/10! It makes you feel so good right?! I know it does for me! I'm so glad you're back! I missed you!