Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Haha, never thought about that ! I was recently blown away when I read that breakfast means breaking the fast when you're sleeping. lol

Morning!
    I'm so impressed with myself, I've had a 5 day deficit or more, trying to drop my monthly and 3 month average, cause last months binges messed it up.

It was more of a silly joke than anything else. I'm not sure why it's comfort food other than making you more comfortable to lean on :wink:

Still just chilling in this two pound range. My birthday is this weekend and I am planning on eating all the things.

Wondering If I should take a break from the gym. Historically, I did best when I was in a caloric deficit and not working out.

Or maybe I should just log HALF of my exercises so I'm not tempted to eat 100% of my work out calories? Anyone else having issues with eating too much back?
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    @aeloine I eat 100% back, but I track everything as slow/low intensity, even though my heart rate is in the fat burn/cardio range.

Morning!
    Happy 1st of March! :) Isn't this year just flying by? I have one more good week till PMS, so making sure I hit a deficit every day now, in case I emotional-overeat later. Figured I need to minimize the risk, so doing all my life admin and uni stuff now to have less stuff to be worried about. Really want to finish March without any binges!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @gymprincess1234 I'm almost done with my PMS. I haven't really binged at all. Although I am going to go out later for some Halo Top(low cal ice cream) and I have every intention of eating the whole pint(320kcal). Lol. It's something I do every once in a while when the DH is working late. It's kind of expensive, but so worth the price!

@aeloine I actually have the opposite problem. Some days I have trouble getting out of the 1000Kcal range. It's so weird. Some days I make my goal by the skin of my teeth and some days I'm only a few cals over 1000. And to reach the latter, I have to eat more than I planned. Lol. Have you thought of maybe raising your limit? Or you could do what Gymprincess does and log it differently.
  • gymprincess1234
    I wanted to try Halo Top in US, but it was like 6 bucks there, so seemed overpriced just for ice cream.
  • HGSmith0920
    It definitely is pricy. That's why I only buy once or twice a month or when its on sale for 2.50 lol
  • gymprincess1234
    I told a friend I'd finally go out with her tonight, felt super proud about pushing myself to socialize and tick Canadian nightlife off my bucket list, but I didn't get much sleep last night and all I want is to go to gym, watch a movie and go to bed early. Ugh, I like clubbing and bars, but I get so drained by being amongst a lot of people, that I get tired even thinking about going. :D Also don't have any spare calories today for cocktails, so I would go overboard, which I don't want to. :#
  • adreadrew
    adreadrew Posts: 15 Member
    Hello there! I'm 5'1 and weight 158lbs. Trying to lose weight because I really want to be healthy and have a long life. I mostly motivated to this healthy lifestyle but when I'm on stress it just so hard! When I'm stress I really can't think straight and just want some good food but too lazy to cook healthy food. And now I'm a bit unmotivated again, because I realized that I'm so fat :( I already categorized as obese :( which is really sad. This makes me lose hope that this is impossible, that I never be at healthy weight. So how you guys keep motivated?
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    As a new MFP member I'm looking for success stories and motivation to help me with my journey I'm on to shed 40#. I'm down a solid 15# but, I'm starting to see a decline in my progress. Feel free to add me of you have any advice to offer or if you just want a MFP friend.

Thank you,
    Jerimie
  • gymprincess1234
    @jrbovee20 That's normal, cause initially you lose a lot of water weight. Just keep hustling and be patient!

@adreadrew I like the quote 'not being where you want to be should be motivation enough'. Also, progress is addictive, just have to push through till you see some results. I have been where you are now, in the obese category, that scared the *kitten* out of me! Just read what comes and can come with obesity, that will give you motivation enough! Everything is possible, especially weight loss, it's just a game of numbers, energy in, energy out.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    looking to drop the 25 pounds I RE-GAINED (ugh!) to feel better about myself inside and out and so i can feel uber confident in my wedding dress in September. I have 15 pounds to go and am eager to get there, but I'm really wanting to do this the right/sustainable way. I went super hard this past month and a half and I've hit a motivational wall. Going to start working with a new coach who will hopefully help me take a more long-term approach to this so I can not feel underfed and overworked. i want to establish a better relationship with food and exercise and abandon my all or nothing approach, even if that means progress will slow down. whether it's a step or a leap in the direction of health/weight loss, I'm still heading in the right direction.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    welcome Jeremi, I lost 48 lbs already & what helped me is not to concentrate on tomorrow too much or how much I have to lose but do my best one day at a time & take joy & victory in the small things every day, including if I lost a pound or my clothes got bigger. When I focused on the final outcome it was over whelming & discouraging.Welcome adreadrew, can you make some foods ready to eat ahead of time? I always keep those around. For me, it's weighing & making ground chuck & ground turkey patty's ready to cook in the freezer & some frozen vegetables. Or I cook 4-5 & keep them in fridge. That way there's always something ready to eat
  • HGSmith0920
    Hey all! I hope everyone is well!

I dont know if I mentioned it here, but I GOT THE JOB! I'm waiting on a call on Monday to find out when I start training! I'm really excited! It's been 5 months since I've worked and we are in crunch time for money. Lol. I'm hoping to start training this upcoming week. That would mean we wouldn't miss a week of our budget! Lol.

My goal for March is to get out of the 150's. I've been here for about a month. Although. I have lost 4lbs in the last 4 weeks. So that is exciting. I have 5lbs to go to be at 149! I know I can do it!

I hope you are all having a great week!

@adreadrew I've found that if I Prelog what I am going to eat in the morning then I am more likely to actually make what I have listed. I dont want to have to back through and change it all. I make A LOT of things in my Crockpot and always have a ton of it left over. The easiest thing I've found is to make a large batch of a C/P meat and then put the leftovers in the fridge. Then throughout the week, I eat the leftovers on top of a salad. You can find some really great, super easy recipes on SkinnyMs.com That is the website I use a lot! I hope this helps!
  • gymprincess1234
    Congrats, @HGSmith0920 ! Fantastic news!

My weekend has been good, however, I can feel PMS approaching, so trying to keep my emotions in gym and on paper rather than in compulsive grocery shopping
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Good morning, all! My birthday was on Thursday, I had time off work, and I really went overboard with my eating. I didn't track or go to the gym for the long weekend. I am feeling super determined to get back to it today, so I guess that's good. I feel bad that I messed up the workout schedule I made for myself and fell behind with my programs.

I have a vacation coming up quickly in May, along with a camping trip in June, and I would really love to feel confident in a swimsuit this year! I think knowing that it's already March makes it feel like spring and summer are coming quickly.

I hope you all have a great start to your week!
  • HGSmith0920
    GRRR...Well, apparently the Bank Manager that I had the meeting with on Friday didn't fax over the paperwork to the HR department like she said she would. She is now on vacation until next week so I have no idea when I am going to start!
  • HGSmith0920
    @rachelcalsbeek Happy belated birthday!!! It's okay to indulge a bit on your birthday! I mean you only turn that age once right? The DH and I are going away for our anniversary in September. I'm hoping to be very close to my goal by then!

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm a little aggravated at the moment, but other than that it has been a good day.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited March 2018
    Read the original and missed the point of the post. Nevermind. :smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    Holy Crow! Just did my walking route for the first time this season and I picked up the pace. Probably not a good idea because I could really feel it in my hips halfway through. I think I am going to need to take a nap this afternoon! I had planned to go to a yoga class at 4:30 but I dont think that is going to happen. I am just too beat. Lol.
  • KDAALC
    KDAALC Posts: 2 Member
    Could sure use some motivation. I had kept up with putting all my meals on my Fitness Pal but then lost touch for a while and have put weight back on. I am super motivated though-have started going to the gym I belong to 5 days a week and have really been watching what I eat. Weight loss is so slow though and last week-though I worked hard I didn't lose a thing-it was very frustrating. This week I kicked it up a notch-adding more time to my workout which seems to have helped-I did lose a pound this week. I feel like it's gonna be so slow. I found that drinking alot of water has helped curbed my appetite which has always been an issue for me.
  • gymprincess1234
    Hi!

I'm still tracking, still going to gym, but it's PMS week, so been overeating even maintenance every single day. Not beating myself up about it, the other weeks in the month were good.