Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Im Cassie, 34 from Colorado. My short term goal is 55pounds, long term I'd love to lose around 75!!
    I try and stay pretty active during the day when I am at my desk, I get up every hour and go up and down the stairs a few times, When I get home I chase kids and animals around. We have three horses, two sheep, 5 goats, 15 chickens and 10ish cows. :) My workday goal is 10,000 steps and 15,000 on the weekends. If I know I am going to be short I have been known to pace in the hallway before meetings or walk around the block when its slow.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    Great idea shy!!
    My name is Sinead, I'm 31 (for another couple of weeks!!) from Ireland. I lost about 50 lbs over 2 years ago and have kept it off, more or less, but still have another 30 lbs or so to go! Finding it very hard to stay motivated so this may be just what u need! I was one of the core group with shy way back and it was brilliant to share success, failures and challenges! Feel free to add me on here!
    This was the best motivator for me! Having friends to share problems, struggles, successes and just joking and making friends. Makes the battle that much easier! I actually gained all the 35 lbs I lost back. Starting all over again Sinead! Good for you for keeping it off! Proud of ya girl!
  • ShyCush6
    Im Cassie, 34 from Colorado. My short term goal is 55pounds, long term I'd love to lose around 75!!
    I try and stay pretty active during the day when I am at my desk, I get up every hour and go up and down the stairs a few times, When I get home I chase kids and animals around. We have three horses, two sheep, 5 goats, 15 chickens and 10ish cows. :) My workday goal is 10,000 steps and 15,000 on the weekends. If I know I am going to be short I have been known to pace in the hallway before meetings or walk around the block when its slow.
    I've been trying to go upstairs to re-fill my water cup, and use the restroom, otherwise I'm sitting in a desk 8 hours straight. Good for you to boost your steps... see motivation for me to do the same. I've been really failing at the step count. Thought spending the money on a Fitbit would motivate me to really use it to help move me more!
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    This is for you Doris!
    635664410975479840-1784130871_fitbit-app-mobile-dashboard-metrics.png

Oh that really made me smile! So true about the steps, some days I think 'oh that's not so many but posting it here will spur me on!'

Welcome to all joining :smile:
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    I also got some 5 pound dumbbells I keep at my desk, if its a slower day where Im at my desk a long time I will get up every hour and do some sort of exercise. Makes the time past faster and gets me up and moving !!
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    Welcome Mellow Cookie! =) Cute name! We are here to help! haha thanks! Just silly name to go with my silly dog butt picture.

I've been using MFP for a while now but never did more than using it for tracking. Feel free to add me and I'll be your cheerleader!

P.S. I'm in Florida panhandle
  • ravenzbaby47
    ravenzbaby47 Posts: 29 Member
    I love my fitbit! It really keeps me motivated to get my 10000 steps in...I'm in a challenge group this week with girls from work which makes me want to push myself even more!
  • ShyCush6
    haha thanks! Just silly name to go with my silly dog butt picture.

I've been using MFP for a while now but never did more than using it for tracking. Feel free to add me and I'll be your cheerleader!
    I think you will be surprised how much having a spot to come and share will help you on your journey! This saved me a lot of trouble a few years back and I plan for it to get me back on track and stick with it! Hope to hear from you often! Good or bad!
  • ShyCush6
    I love my fitbit! It really keeps me motivated to get my 10000 steps in...I'm in a challenge group this week with girls from work which makes me want to push myself even more!
    Awesome! Maybe it will motivate me to hit 10,000! I've been getting like 5,000! It's awful!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    I was just sharing on the c25k thread, but I LOVE the app Rockmyrun. It has tons of playlists, most of the lists shorter than an hour (maybe 45 minutes are free) If I need something longer I just pick another one and continue on. They really keep me motivated, you can also pick playlists based on your running tempo, heart rate or set the temp.
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day and there's no stairs to climb but I do try to get up once an hour. I've started going to the gym at lunch for my cardio and weight training on my days off (fri, sat, sun). I like the idea of having something stashed at my desk - I have bands that I think I'll bring in. I tried fitbit but it wasn't accurate. I rode my motorcycle into work one day and it said I climbed 142 flights of stairs. :open_mouth: I went instead with a Polar heart rate monitor that I really like.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited November 2015
    Welcome back to MFP Shy!! So great to see you, and also LOVE to join this core group. As being part of the original group way back.... when was that anyhow ?? .... I found it so motivating!! And Sinead, love to be back with you as well, and all new ones!

I have still been plugging away at losing weight. I was down 23 lbs a year ago, with only 10-15 to go, but that was last August. Then came halloween, christmas, etc., and most of those 18 lbs came back. I have been getting on here almost every day yet, just very hard to keep motivation going. SO LOVE to be a part of a group to motivate each other.

I love the idea of weighing in every friday also!

As for me, my name is Joan. I am probably the oldest in this group - I am 64. I am fairly active - mostly with walking at least 3-4 x a week, but now that the weather is getting colder, that will be my challenge. I have about 30-40 lbs to lose as well.

Carbs and sugar are my biggest downfall as well. On Oct 7 I started a low-carb, NO sugar way of eating, and dropped 8 lbs very quickly. But I had HS girlfriends come to visit, then grandsons, so got back eating carbs. Now, just struggling to get back on track. But I also realized that while I lost that weight so quickly, it also came back on quickly. So now, I am going to just try to "limit" my carbs and sugar, and just do healthy, calories-in-calories-out way of eating!

So happy to be a part again. I'll try and post everyday as well - both in listing struggles, and successes.

I had also started a thread called "Just for Today" daily commitments, which I try and do everyday. It at least makes me think about my goals! (so far, we have had 4.6K people posting, so it is fun. So if anyone wants to also join me in that, you are all welcome!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10099482/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread#latest
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Well last night I took the plung and started doing my c25k again and I felt great afterwards. I was having a rough day yesterday and was forcing myself to even eat but it was suggested to me to work out and I would feel better and it worked great. I hear alot of people talking about a fit bit, I think it is something I will have to look into, for now I am digging out my OLD stand by pedometer to count my steps until then,, it may not be totally accurate but it will give me an idea. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
  • tuliprose12
    tuliprose12 Posts: 4 Member
    I would also love to be apart of this group
  • ShyCush6
    f6f2c0736df257f08d938492de0f7c20.jpg
    I hit 10,070 yesterday... took marching while watching tv to get there but I did it! =)
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    woohoo that's awesome keep going girl.. sadly I ran out the door for work and left my pedometer on the counter :(
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Great job Christine!!! The first day is the hardest for me! Once I get that first one done it gets easier. On days when I am just not quite feeling it I change my clothes and tell myself I will at least go out and walk, most of the time once I get moving I find the motivation and do more than I had planned.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    well done Shy. I managed to walk for about 2 hours today :)
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    I managed 16,024 yesterday :) Chasing coyotes in the dark last night helped add a few thousand
  • ShyCush6
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Welcome back to MFP Shy!! So great to see you, and also LOVE to join this core group. As being part of the original group way back.... when was that anyhow ?? .... I found it so motivating!! And Sinead, love to be back with you as well, and all new ones!

Hey Joan! It's been seriously 2 years! So glad to have new and old friends!! I'm going to do this! Couldn't do it without all of you though. Great idea on limiting carbs and sugar... you have to do what works! We are here for you now, so let's get this going!! =) Missed ya girl!