Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• dmbsp11
    dmbsp11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am an accountant, so it is harder for me to stay active during the day. I try to make up for it in the evenings.....when I can muster the energy. My steps are going to be low today, but I'm going to get a walk in before I have to make dinner.
  • sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I have been looking for in community support. Need a little outside motivation. Today, I walked 16,914 steps. Looking forward to connecting with people and serving as someone who needs a little support and being a huge cheerleaders for others.
  • dmbsp11
    dmbsp11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I have been looking for in community support. Need a little outside motivation. Today, I walked 16,914 steps. Looking forward to connecting with people and serving as someone who needs a little support and being a huge cheerleaders for others.

Great job on your steps!!
  • cr6nd
    cr6nd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is Catherine! I've been on MFP for over a year, but have been yo yo'ing on the scale and have never reached my goal weight. I'm turning 30 summer of 2016 and would like to feel my best. Looking to lose around ~15-20 pounds. Hopefully with community support and motivation I can. My big weaknesses are wine and cheese! I also need to learn how to say no and prioritize exercise!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Got room for another guy on here?? Lost over 50lbs. in the last year, but... have stalled out after some summer surgery and recovery. Looks like a great, positive group to be a part of. From Southwest Michigan, 67 years young, retired. Usually exercise 2-3 hours a day. Bill

Welcome Bill!! If you got enough power to hang with a bunch of crazy ladies you are a strong enough man to endure this great group! =) Another Midwesterner... Glad to have you! 2-3 hours... You might put us to shame!
  • ebptutoringsvc
    ebptutoringsvc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Chris and I"m looking to lose 60lbs. I have entered into Tae Kwon Do tournament and I have to drop this weight and slim down in order to survive. lol. This group seems like a great place to start for motivation and support. My biggest struggle is with sugar and over eating. Over the past year, I have been able to make working out a regular part of my weekly routine (which as never been the case), but I have to get a hold of my eating habits and really push myself to workout hard. I hope you have room for me. :smiley:
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning/evening all! Welcome to all who have joined since I last posted :)

Had a lovely early morning walk with the dog, the village is so peaceful at that time and the sunrise was beautiful :) made me feel positive for today. Getting the children ready for school now, planning what I will eat today, helps me stay in control. Have a wonderful rest of the day everyone.
  • Dftcret
    Dftcret Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I agree weekends are the worst! Regardless of how I do during the week I seem to gain it all back on the week end. I am just starting back on here so I have no friends to keep me motivated :neutral:. So if you don't mind an old guy with 20 or so pounds to lose add me...
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm home with a sick kid today, probably use it as a rest day. Still going to try and get my steps in, some house cleaning and working outside while he naps. Managed 14,500 yesterday.

What did everyone have for breakfast? I had a smoothy with 1cup almond/coconut milk, a banana, 1/4 cup whole oats, chia seeds and protein powder. Come out to around 360 calories. I have that most mornings, it's quick and easy. I have three kids to get up and ready, goats horses and dogs to feed, I make my smoothy and put it in the fridge and drink it on my drive to work
  • sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job on your steps! Your morning smoothie sounds fantastic. This morning I am having a green juice made with swiss chard, spinach, lemon, ginger and apple. Plus a smoothie with almond milk, protein powder, banana, chia seeds and one date.

I'm home with a sick kid today, probably use it as a rest day. Still going to try and get my steps in, some house cleaning and working outside while he naps. Managed 14,500 yesterday.

What did everyone have for breakfast? I had a smoothy with 1cup almond/coconut milk, a banana, 1/4 cup whole oats, chia seeds and protein powder. Come out to around 360 calories. I have that most mornings, it's quick and easy. I have three kids to get up and ready, goats horses and dogs to feed, I make my smoothy and put it in the fridge and drink it on my drive to work
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Awesome jobs on your steps!! You rock!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    How'd we all don on our step challenges yesterday!? I hit 12,792! And yes, I beat my sister in our daily challenge! ;)
    85a20e5aa4a643d0ac292218ea139727.jpg
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome dmb!

11786 steps so far, hoping to get to 12,000 before the evening is out. Hope everyone is having a good day :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    cr6nd wrote: »
    My name is Catherine! I've been on MFP for over a year, but have been yo yo'ing on the scale and have never reached my goal weight. I'm turning 30 summer of 2016 and would like to feel my best. Looking to lose around ~15-20 pounds. Hopefully with community support and motivation I can. My big weaknesses are wine and cheese! I also need to learn how to say no and prioritize exercise!

945e1337ebc28bb4b4ec7d8934125b0f.png

Totally understand! I turned 40 recently and damn if I am not going to make the best of it!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hi, my name is Chris and I"m looking to lose 60lbs. I have entered into Tae Kwon Do tournament and I have to drop this weight and slim down in order to survive. lol. This group seems like a great place to start for motivation and support. My biggest struggle is with sugar and over eating. Over the past year, I have been able to make working out a regular part of my weekly routine (which as never been the case), but I have to get a hold of my eating habits and really push myself to workout hard. I hope you have room for me. :smiley:

Welcome Chris! I have the same struggle with sugar. I read the other day about trying Dill oil on your inside wrist daily. I am going to research some more. It is suppose to curb the sugar addiction. Weird I know. I'm bad about when I am home alone and binging. I don't do it when I am not alone, so WTH? Ugh! Well, I hope we are just what you need to slim down!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good morning/evening all! Welcome to all who have joined since I last posted :)

Had a lovely early morning walk with the dog, the village is so peaceful at that time and the sunrise was beautiful :) made me feel positive for today. Getting the children ready for school now, planning what I will eat today, helps me stay in control. Have a wonderful rest of the day everyone.

Good morning Doris! Way to plan the meals!! That'a girl!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Dftcret wrote: »
    I agree weekends are the worst! Regardless of how I do during the week I seem to gain it all back on the week end. I am just starting back on here so I have no friends to keep me motivated :neutral:. So if you don't mind an old guy with 20 or so pounds to lose add me...

Welcome! Weekends are my downfall! Who doesn't love a ice cold beer on the weekend? =) I really struggle with the weekend thing. And I am terrible at logging in on the weekend, so that makes it even worse!

166cf67b2898c627cdcb2a6dff24658e.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Awesome step count Cassie!!
    I like the idea of adding the oats to a shake. I need to try that! It sounds yummy!! Nothing wrong with quick and easy!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Welcome dmb!

11786 steps so far, hoping to get to 12,000 before the evening is out. Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Nice job Doris!!!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group as well!