Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    0LBS no lose but no gain :)
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Darklords wrote: »
    Good Morning everyone, I have not checked in for a few days. I have much going on. I did weigh in this morning and have lost 0lbs however I did not gain so considering all that is going on with me over the last 2 weeks that is a good thing. It is great to see so many on here lets keep it up, Hope all is well with yous

• cathyd1000
    cathyd1000 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Cathy. I am feeling discouraged about a few things about my life in general, and recently gained 8 lbs after being on a high dose of prednesone to treat asthma, for a couple of weeks. Prior to that I was only about 5lbs from my goal weight. I want to lose those 8 lbs, plus 4 or five more and get my emotional eating back in check.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....Love this group thread idea! I'm crawling back on the wagon again... I had a few celebration weekends recently but now it's back to being more mindful of eating. I have the exercise down...5-6 days a week but that's more for stress relief. B) The food/drinks are my downfall. My husband makes beer - which is really good, he's won contests so it's really hard to not indulge in that on the weekends but I'm going to try to really focus on this. I will post (almost) daily so I need you guys to keep me accountable - FOR REAL! But we all have to be honest for this to work. Looking forward to messaging and seeing everyone's thread posts. Happy Friday the 13th!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    I don't have a Fitbit .... but I do have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor... I'll post my Minutes and Burn.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    cathyd1000 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Cathy. I am feeling discouraged about a few things about my life in general, and recently gained 8 lbs after being on a high dose of prednesone to treat asthma, for a couple of weeks. Prior to that I was only about 5lbs from my goal weight. I want to lose those 8 lbs, plus 4 or five more and get my emotional eating back in check.

Cathy.... I've been on that steroid and it is HARD! Those are so hard on your body but they work. I was on a round for 2 months last summer due to a hyper-allergic reaction to poison ivy and it was awful (night sweats, headaches, weight gain, stomach issues, etc.) ** Keep your chin up... you can do this! **
  • ChangeIsADecision
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This week has been a see-saw in terms of weight. I lost nearly two pounds, felt happy about it, and gained a pound back again in the last two days. I'm happy to be logging this though, at least I get to know whats going on.
    I'm mainly doing cardio with some HIIT training, and I've started adding strength training a little bit. Everything is difficult before it is easy. All the best for the rest of the folks who are in for the long haul!
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group. I'm just getting back to my plan- I really need to up my exercise. I have a fitbit which really motivates me. feel free to add me as a friend. I do best when I post on my wall and get responses from my fitness pal Pals!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    So yesterday... I had a bit of a rough day. I did get my workout in... I was craving a late night snack and succumbed to an apple and peanut butter... yum...my favorite! I got my goal steps in 10,766. Finally got my charging to work today but now I am afraid to move it until it is fully charged! But I am ahead of my daily average today. I better be as I think we are going to the cabin tonight and I no I will not get many in! Brr! It's too cold outside! I was happy with my weigh in... 1.5 lb down! Yeah! Always nice to see success! So far my eating today has sucked! Damn crappy food in my desk drawer got me and I am doing bad on calories. I got a workout in this morning, so at least I have one thing going for me! Hope you all have a good day going and can't wait to hear success stories! No to go and read the craziness from all the posts since I last longed it! Awesome!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    Wow, loads of new posts since I last checked in!!!! Welcome to everyone and good job on all the steps!!!
    Already this is working for me...I over ate today and wasn't going to log but read one of the comments and decided to be honest with myself! Good bit over my calories again today (it's been a mental week! And haven't been walking or zumbaing!!) but it's good to see the numbers and "if everyday were like today you'd weigh..." Nice reminder to cop on!!!! Thank the lord it's nearly the weekend!!!

Proud of you Sinead! You were honest and stepped it up! Glad you checked in!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    evening everyone. I've had another great day 1 hour walking and then 1 hour kickboxercise, just had my evening meal whilst the rest of the family had a chip shop dinner. I did consider the kebab meat but i looked at the nutrition info on here first and thought better of it :smiley: im now sat chilling with my bottle of water :neutral:

Great choices Gill!! And whooohooo! 2 hours of exercise! You rock girl!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Gibbsy21 wrote: »
    Just finished the Combat 45 from Les Mills. I still don't have that many steps today, but I'm glad I finished the kata. Its alot better than the HIIT power because it doesn't have burpees. I hate burpees... So tomorrow will be the HIIT plyo, hope there's no burpees!

4bd733df9b006ab60b8a1793c5cd28922741a323a84a9eb0ae3c5e80f5d745e5.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Succumbed to some wine tonight <hands head in shame> but no bad food choices as a result <left hanging in high five>
    Anyhow need to stay focused Saturday and Sunday as out Friday for a meal with an old friend,. Wish me luck!

I had a beer last night, but I counted it in my calories! It's all good... you can do this!!! Good luck and enjoy your meal with your friend!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    nikhbee wrote: »
    Great initiative! I joined MFP two weeks ago and this looks very promising. My goals are to get fitter and healthier in the next few months, looking to shed 25-35 pounds for this. The daily logging makes me always aware of what goes into my diet.

I've got a few friends who egg each other on but the more the merrier! Looking forward to all the motivation sharing :)

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy this thread! It seems like a great group!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Well-I didn't get my steps in like I wanted to yesterday. Only 6,049. I went for a walk and ended up doing a mile. I would have kept going, but I decided I would try running (which I haven't done in maybe 15 years) and I think I twisted my knee or something. All of a sudden I was in pain and had to stop. Still hurts today. Maybe I should just stick to walking. :) Oh-well. I tried. Now the weekend is here and I will have to be careful. That is always when I go back up in weight. But I am going to try to be good this weekend and not let that happen. I am going to a football game tomorrow which means tailgating food and beverages. But I am going to try to be prepared and maybe get an extra walk in before we go. I hope everyone has a great day, and great weekend! Keep up the good work!

Nice effort... You tried!! =) Hope you heal up fast. Don't push it and injure it worse. Keep all of us in mind this weekend... I know I have too! Don't want to come back the chump who undid all my efforts!
    Have fun at the game!! Yikes! Tailgating! Naughty! =) But it will be a blast! Go Badgers!!! <---That's for us Wisconsinites!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Everyone is doing great, I love reading the updates and the challenged people have overcome!! Keep up the good work !

I normally weigh on Monday morning but switched to Friday to keep on track with the group. Down 1 pound since I weighed Monday, very happy with that. That brings my total to just over 6 pounds in three weeks!! It seems to be getting easier every day! Last night the family was chowing on leftover and junk food, I didnt even miss having any and really enjoyed my dinner. Today for lunch I brough turkey sausage (160 calories), egg whites and a greek yogurt!
    I didnt get my steps in yesterday, I did manage 9,500, I was home with a sick kid and had meetings in the evening. I'm hoping to make up for it today and log some extra steps and a run!! This weekend looks busy as usual, step son has a basketball game Saturday, I am going to the rec center early to workout before his game then we are headed to my parents for the afternoon, Sunday will hopefully be working outside once it warms up and cleaning goat barns and fun stuff like that lol
    So glad it is getting easier every day... doesn't mean there are struggles but hopefully they are getting fewer or farther between... Looks like you have a busy weekend ahead! Always nice to know you are going to get some extra workouts in! I am hoping to be out in the yard this weekend too as it's suppose to be warm! Yeah!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    cathyd1000 wrote: »

Welcome Cathy! We are always happy to help get you back on track!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hey everyone....Love this group thread idea! I'm crawling back on the wagon again... I had a few celebration weekends recently but now it's back to being more mindful of eating. I have the exercise down...5-6 days a week but that's more for stress relief. B) The food/drinks are my downfall. My husband makes beer - which is really good, he's won contests so it's really hard to not indulge in that on the weekends but I'm going to try to really focus on this. I will post (almost) daily so I need you guys to keep me accountable - FOR REAL! But we all have to be honest for this to work. Looking forward to messaging and seeing everyone's thread posts. Happy Friday the 13th!

Welcome!! Glad we have another beer lover! LOL! That will be my struggles for the weekend. A beer is ok as long as you hold your self accountable! Same with my pizza... I do love pizza! =) Looks like with the exercising down you are doing awesome! Let's do this!!!
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I just got done catching up on all the posts and I must say way to go to everyone for being true to what's going on in their life at the moment whether it was a good week or not. We can only take things a day at a time and even if you don't stick to your plan exactly, but admit that it was due to stress or emotions that in itself is a step towards the right direction because you can look back and identify. I have just recently allowed myself to fully acknowledge that I tend to go off plan during emotional/stressful times, which is why I am in my current situation.

I will say that this week was a really good first week back. I have met my step count every day and kept on track with my eating. I did go walk out into my condos hallway and stairs for about 30mins last night before bed to meet my goal, but I was determined to get my happy dance on with the trackers buzz!

With an upcoming wedding approaching I am pretty motivated, but I am trying to think beyond that as well so that this will be a life long change. I just recently weighed in on Monday and would like to include the weekend as one full week so I will post about it then.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and remember to stay strong don't let all your hard work during the week be undone in just a couple of days... remember nothing tastes as good as healthy feels ;-)