Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 I am loving all of the pictures... especially the fitbit one! That cracked me up because I can't even count how many times I have gone out of my way to go back and get mine after realizing I had forgotten it. On that note I will say I am really proud of myself because I have broken my 10,000 step goal everyday this week. I got 10,476 steps yesterday and have been getting so excited when the goal buzzer goes off each day... I may have made up a little victory dance ;) lol!

I have problems with portion control too, but I have found that weighing absolutely everything this week has really opened my eyes to how much I was REALLY eating before. I have also noticed that I need to start watching my sugar intake because I seem to always meet and sometimes slightly exceed it. I did however make my coffee at home this morning with almond milk and didn't add anything additional so I felt like that was a win in itself!

I am so thankful for this group it has really been a huge help this week reading everyones comments! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and keeping strong... We can do it!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey guys! I had an ok day yesterday! No workout, unless you count the yard work... but I did manage to get a lot of steps in all day. My problem was I was home alone last night and damn if I didn't grab the puffy cheetos... Seriously! I also grabbed some bites of a Nestle's Crunch. Why, you ask? I'm an idiot. Not sure why I crash such a good day! Today I must be good!! I did get a workout in. Burned 350 calories on the Arc Trainer... Remember tomorrow is weigh in day! Your time to shine. Whether you share your actual weight or just your lbs lost, either works for me! We're all in this together!! Hope everyone is stepping it up today!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Me.. last night...

funny-exercise-quotes.png
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I do so well until the weekend comes...... then it just goes down hill from there. I seem to undo any good I've done during the week.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    ShyCush6 I am loving all of the pictures... especially the fitbit one! That cracked me up because I can't even count how many times I have gone out of my way to go back and get mine after realizing I had forgotten it. On that note I will say I am really proud of myself because I have broken my 10,000 step goal everyday this week. I got 10,476 steps yesterday and have been getting so excited when the goal buzzer goes off each day... I may have made up a little victory dance ;) lol!

I have problems with portion control too, but I have found that weighing absolutely everything this week has really opened my eyes to how much I was REALLY eating before. I have also noticed that I need to start watching my sugar intake because I seem to always meet and sometimes slightly exceed it. I did however make my coffee at home this morning with almond milk and didn't add anything additional so I felt like that was a win in itself!

I am so thankful for this group it has really been a huge help this week reading everyones comments! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and keeping strong... We can do it!

I'm a visual person and I love to make people smile! Glad it worked... even if they are so true! Awesome job on the steps!! Way to hit your mark! I love the happy dance!! Keep up the good work!
    Glad the group is doing what it is meant to be. Hoping we can keep some regulars and form and good bond, making us feel guilty when we let each other down that we skipped a workout, had some lazy days when everyone else stepped up. No one wants to be "THAT GUY" LOL! - Shyanne
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. It looks like everyone is so motivating, and I could sure use it! My name is Dana. I have about 75 lbs to lose, and when I actually admit that it makes me cringe. But-I am going to get there! I am 37 years old and have decided that I will be healthy before 40! I am also a fellow cheese head! :) I live in Louisiana now, but am originally from MN and my husband is from WI. I don't usually get too much exercise in even though I wear a fitbit every day. But I am working on that! Yesterday I hit 10,098 steps. I hope to do the same today! I hope everyone has a great day!
  • malloryutebay
    malloryutebay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A strong support group is such a key factor in sticking to a weight loss routine. I'm in the same boat as you in that I'm looking for that support from people like you as well as offering my support to others. What I find most difficult is when the people around you don't have a desire to get healthy that matches your own. I find that is true with many of the people I hang around with in my city (not to say they're "unhealthy" per se, but their current goal is not to get in better shape). I'm not looking to lose all that much weight (10-15 pounds) but it seems so much more difficult than it was even just 3 or 4 years ago. In college I could binge drink every night and wash it down with a large pizza and somehow always be thin and relatively healthy. It seemed as though the moment I graduated my body said "Okay, you're an adult now! Everything you eat is going to go straight to your midsection! Have fun!". I am at that place in my life where it is easy maintain weight and quite easy to gain but incredibly difficult to lose it.

Can't wait to watch everyone's journey and share motivation with one another! :#
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    I would love to join your group. It looks like everyone is so motivating, and I could sure use it! My name is Dana. I have about 75 lbs to lose, and when I actually admit that it makes me cringe. But-I am going to get there! I am 37 years old and have decided that I will be healthy before 40! I am also a fellow cheese head! :) I live in Louisiana now, but am originally from MN and my husband is from WI. I don't usually get too much exercise in even though I wear a fitbit every day. But I am working on that! Yesterday I hit 10,098 steps. I hope to do the same today! I hope everyone has a great day!
    Welcome Dana! Awesome job on the steps yesterday!! Keep it up!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a minor melt down!! The Garmin Connect app is down!! Thats how I track my excercise and calories!! I log my food here, but then the Garmin app tracks steps and workouts for me!! Its been down since last night, I keep trying to sync my stuff and it always fails :(
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Welcome! A strong support group is such a key factor in sticking to a weight loss routine. I'm in the same boat as you in that I'm looking for that support from people like you as well as offering my support to others. What I find most difficult is when the people around you don't have a desire to get healthy that matches your own. I find that is true with many of the people I hang around with in my city (not to say they're "unhealthy" per se, but their current goal is not to get in better shape). I'm not looking to lose all that much weight (10-15 pounds) but it seems so much more difficult than it was even just 3 or 4 years ago. In college I could binge drink every night and wash it down with a large pizza and somehow always be thin and relatively healthy. It seemed as though the moment I graduated my body said "Okay, you're an adult now! Everything you eat is going to go straight to your midsection! Have fun!". I am at that place in my life where it is easy maintain weight and quite easy to gain but incredibly difficult to lose it.

Can't wait to watch everyone's journey and share motivation with one another! :#

Welcome Mallory! We've all been there! It's harder as you get older! Yikes! But you got this! We're here to support!
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great initiative! I joined MFP two weeks ago and this looks very promising. My goals are to get fitter and healthier in the next few months, looking to shed 25-35 pounds for this. The daily logging makes me always aware of what goes into my diet.

I've got a few friends who egg each other on but the more the merrier! Looking forward to all the motivation sharing :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I'm going to have a minor melt down!! The Garmin Connect app is down!! Thats how I track my excercise and calories!! I log my food here, but then the Garmin app tracks steps and workouts for me!! Its been down since last night, I keep trying to sync my stuff and it always fails :(

62193874.jpg

Hang in there girl!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Meltdown coming... I charged my fitbit all night last night and my battery is still almost dead. But in plugging it in now, I see that my charger is not working right! It will be dead by tonight! Darn!!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Options
    Oh no!! Its the revenge of the fitness trackers!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not posting yesterday - days get crazy busy!
    Tonite I am having my garden club over. The plan was to sit outside on the patio with firepit going, have hot chocolate and roast marshmallows. But -- winds are 20+ mph, and its 55 degrees, so I know it will be so cold, and we would have smoke blowing in our face. So had to do a quick clean-up of the house, and it will just have to be wine instead of smores! Just hoping my daughter will be OK with all the people inside!

But didn't get my walk in at all last nite, and gave into eating ice cream. Hubby wanted popcorn, which seems to get my cravings going, and that lead to ice cream AFTER the popcorn!

Nites are the worse for me - anyone else have this problem. I do great all day, until the evening.

gotta run, but will try and read everyones posts later tonite (instead of eating!!)
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feeling kinda guilty. I usually go to the gym for my 30 mins of cardio at lunchtime. However, I forgot my water bottle and my ear buds. 30 mins sweating without my music?! Forget it!!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Options
    Im the same way about workouts without music, that and gum. I have a really hard time workout without gum, I've even cut workouts short because I didnt have any
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Oh no!! Its the revenge of the fitness trackers!!

It is! They are overnighting a new charger to me, but ugh!! The only way it charges is if I hold it in place while charging.. Guess my steps might suck the next couple days! =(
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Sorry for not posting yesterday - days get crazy busy!
    Tonite I am having my garden club over. The plan was to sit outside on the patio with firepit going, have hot chocolate and roast marshmallows. But -- winds are 20+ mph, and its 55 degrees, so I know it will be so cold, and we would have smoke blowing in our face. So had to do a quick clean-up of the house, and it will just have to be wine instead of smores! Just hoping my daughter will be OK with all the people inside!

But didn't get my walk in at all last nite, and gave into eating ice cream. Hubby wanted popcorn, which seems to get my cravings going, and that lead to ice cream AFTER the popcorn!

Nites are the worse for me - anyone else have this problem. I do great all day, until the evening.

gotta run, but will try and read everyones posts later tonite (instead of eating!!)

No worries Joan! I was hoping you'd check in soon! Enjoy the wine! Hope your daughter is doing better.
    You gave into to popcorn and ice cream.. there are worse things in this world. Let it go and today is a new day! I do the same damn thing. I'm good all day and binge on stupid food at night!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Feeling kinda guilty. I usually go to the gym for my 30 mins of cardio at lunchtime. However, I forgot my water bottle and my ear buds. 30 mins sweating without my music?! Forget it!!

Ha! I can't workout with out my ear buds or my water bottle either! =) Maybe you can find 30 minutes tonight to work in some kind of activity!