Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    nikhbee wrote: »
    This week has been a see-saw in terms of weight. I lost nearly two pounds, felt happy about it, and gained a pound back again in the last two days. I'm happy to be logging this though, at least I get to know whats going on.
    I'm mainly doing cardio with some HIIT training, and I've started adding strength training a little bit. Everything is difficult before it is easy. All the best for the rest of the folks who are in for the long haul!

It feels so good to see the lose but sometimes makes you get a little lenient and easily gain it back. I'm a cardio girl... I need to learn to add strength training to my routine! Tighten some of this up!! =) Keep it up!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Would love to join this group. I'm just getting back to my plan- I really need to up my exercise. I have a fitbit which really motivates me. feel free to add me as a friend. I do best when I post on my wall and get responses from my fitness pal Pals!

Awesome! Check in with us daily! We have a huge group of amazing people! I love hearing from you all and it's motivating to see you come back and share your stories! I've been adding my daily step count so feel free to add yours as well!! Let's do this!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I just got done catching up on all the posts and I must say way to go to everyone for being true to what's going on in their life at the moment whether it was a good week or not. We can only take things a day at a time and even if you don't stick to your plan exactly, but admit that it was due to stress or emotions that in itself is a step towards the right direction because you can look back and identify. I have just recently allowed myself to fully acknowledge that I tend to go off plan during emotional/stressful times, which is why I am in my current situation.

I will say that this week was a really good first week back. I have met my step count every day and kept on track with my eating. I did go walk out into my condos hallway and stairs for about 30mins last night before bed to meet my goal, but I was determined to get my happy dance on with the trackers buzz!

With an upcoming wedding approaching I am pretty motivated, but I am trying to think beyond that as well so that this will be a life long change. I just recently weighed in on Monday and would like to include the weekend as one full week so I will post about it then.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and remember to stay strong don't let all your hard work during the week be undone in just a couple of days... remember nothing tastes as good as healthy feels ;-)

Awesome! Way to motivate to get that step count in!!
    Happy-Dance-GIF.gif?gs=a
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LMAO! You nailed the happy dance ShyCush6!
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options

Awesome! Way to motivate to get that step count in!!
    Happy-Dance-GIF.gif?gs=a[/quote]

OMG!!! this is the best.. I needed a good laugh today thank you so much
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    You guys make my day!! So glad it made you giggle! =)
  • cr6nd
    cr6nd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today I had a good day! I stuck to my calories and motivated myself to workout when I really wanted to take a nap. It's so much easier to workout when it's nice outside. I'm worried about the winter... Hope everyone else had a good day. Hold strong through the weekend. Patience and consistency are key!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Went over on my calories.....although I took today as a rest day - so no workout. I hate half of a frozen pizza (3 pieces of pizza), had one IPA beer and half of a mini blizzard for dinner. Huh....wonder why I went over. I know had I worked out today I would've burned what I went over. But I had a good breakfast (Oatmeal and coffee) and a salad for lunch so I'm considering this pretty good for a Friday. I've had WAY worse recently so baby steps for the weekend.
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning my lovely lot! Shy, that gif made me giggle so! Brilliant :D

I am a little tender this morning. Far too much wine with my friend last night (but so, so lovely to see her and catch up :) ) I have no idea how to log my meal. It's an independent restaurant. I was thinking of doing a quick add? No idea how many cals to add, what do you guys think? I had wine (lots /blush) dinner was halloumi, butternut squash and mushrooms roasted in oil and fries followed by cheesecake.

On the plus side I did 11, 337 steps. Like that negates my blowout meal :D

Welcome all new comers by the way and was great catching up with the posts. Am very impressed by the exercise people are getting in!
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh my!!! I hopped on the scale as we're a Friday weighing lot and since I started on Monday I am down 1.5lbs! Even after my night out! Maybe it's the dehydration :D:D tomorrow I'll be up 2! Hehe.

Doris this morning.....
    p1od4qvladz7.jpeg

Anyhow. I'm claiming it <runs off to check in new weight doing the gif happy dance>
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Good morning all.... #dailycheckin - So far...Coffee with foofoo - plan is to shower, craft show with mom then home to walk/workout. Sad news in our world today, it's so disheartening to know that we have a group pf people killing others because of their beliefs or maybe not... I truly don't know the reason but it just doesn't seem real that this keeps happening. I pray for us all this morning! Sorry to be so somber..... on a positive note. IT's SATURDAY!! B)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    fgymb2agcxsz.jpg
    LOL! I felt this way last night! Ate a salad for lunch....then came home and ate the kitchen! :D
  • Darklords
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone.. I was a good girl last night and got my run in
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi everyone, this sounds like a really fun group, can i join too. I try and stay as active as i can, but some days are easier than others obviously. I have a withings, that i have on every day, but i have a hard time even reaching 5000 steps some days. I am active, but i dont think i necessarily move enough for it to register. Cleaning and scrubbing a tub or sink you are active, but dont move your feet! So i am trying to try other ways to bring up the numbers on a daily basis. I have lost 82 pounds, and i owe it all to MFP and the wonderful people on here.
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Have a good weekend folks!! I got my Friday exercise in, so that's good. Weekends are easy to let go on your goals so, I'm watching my diet carefully :)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Its been a busy day today so i haven't been able to get any training in, although i have been on my feet all day. I've gone over my calories but only by about 100 so im happy with that as its the first time in 22 days so i think i deserve a few extra :smiley: I am also working tomorrow so probably wont get much exercise in then either.

have a great weekend everyone :smile:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This group sounds awesome and motivating!
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    fearlessinmy3rdact Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Took a couple of rest days which also included..... unplanned, not-so-great eating days. Oh well, I'll come back stronger, and even more determined tomorrow!!!
  • Darklords
    Options
    Took a couple of rest days which also included..... unplanned, not-so-great eating days. Oh well, I'll come back stronger, and even more determined tomorrow!!!

Best thing to do it get back at it,you can do it
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    fearlessinmy3rdact Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Darklords wrote: »

Best thing to do it get back at it,you can do it

For sure...thank you!!!