Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Peeps! Last night I thought I was doing so good on my calories so I treated myself to some Boom White Choc Peppermint popcorn.... then it hit me!!! I FORGOT TO LOG MY YOGURT yesterday!! So I went over! BOO! Whatever... it's all good. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Look at you honest girl! I love that you share your oops, cause we all have them!!! I'm sure you didn't go over by much!! Keep rocking your log ins and updates! Go girl!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    I am SO far behind in reading everyones posts - 38 posts since I last checked. Have been so busy, and that leads to out of control eating. We are going to see our grandsons over thanksgiving, and they want me to bake sugar cookies for them to decorate. So thats my plan for this weekend = not to eat any! The good thing is that the cookies will be at their house, and no cookies here!
    So today I'm trying to get back on track again, and will try and catch up on all the new posts tonite!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I am SO far behind in reading everyones posts - 38 posts since I last checked. Have been so busy, and that leads to out of control eating. We are going to see our grandsons over thanksgiving, and they want me to bake sugar cookies for them to decorate. So thats my plan for this weekend = not to eat any! The good thing is that the cookies will be at their house, and no cookies here!
    So today I'm trying to get back on track again, and will try and catch up on all the new posts tonite!
    Hey Joan! The good news is they want to decorate them so who wants to eat sugar cookies that aren't decorated! =) Sorry to funny not to share... (It won't happen to any of us though!
    when+what.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I am a little frustrated because I am still dealing with my knee pain from running last week. It seems to be getting worse, not better. So walking is even out of the question this week so far. Not getting close to my step goals-just trying to stay off of it. Hopefully it will heal up soon! But the scale has started moving in the right direction again! Yay! I am getting my eating under control and trying to stay within my limits. One day at a time! We can do this! Have a great week and keep going! Everyone is doing great! I love reading everyones posts and all the motivation and support!

It really is more about what we eat than our exercise. Not saying you don't have to exercise, but keeping focus on what you are eating while letting your knee repair itself, is all you need to keep doing until you are up and at it again to start walking/running! Keep that scale going in the right direction!! Yay!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So yesterday... I just barely hit my 10K step goal! I got 10,144... I have to say I was marching for awhile last night! Bound and determined to hit 10K everyday!! My eating was pretty good until, the last pieces of blueberry pie were being pulled out of the fridge by my hubby! I did have about half a piece and a scoop of ice cream. So I'm going to say not as bad as it could have been had I let him dish it up for me! LOL! Life seems so busy, I haven't been getting in a good workout besides running/walking in place. I say that is better than nothing to say the least! Love hearing from everyone! Keep up the great job!!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    So yesterday... I just barely hit my 10K step goal! I got 10,144... I have to say I was marching for awhile last night! Bound and determined to hit 10K everyday!! My eating was pretty good until, the last pieces of blueberry pie were being pulled out of the fridge by my hubby! I did have about half a piece and a scoop of ice cream. So I'm going to say not as bad as it could have been had I let him dish it up for me! LOL! Life seems so busy, I haven't been getting in a good workout besides running/walking in place. I say that is better than nothing to say the least! Love hearing from everyone! Keep up the great job!!

You are so positive, its absolutely brilliant. It makes this thread such a joy to read. Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration :smile:

I have had another great day, 1 hour circuit and 1 hour walking. Just need to decide what to have for dinner. Enjoy the rest of the day :)
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I am a little frustrated because I am still dealing with my knee pain from running last week. It seems to be getting worse, not better. So walking is even out of the question this week so far. Not getting close to my step goals-just trying to stay off of it. Hopefully it will heal up soon! But the scale has started moving in the right direction again! Yay! I am getting my eating under control and trying to stay within my limits. One day at a time! We can do this! Have a great week and keep going! Everyone is doing great! I love reading everyones posts and all the motivation and support!

It's not a bad idea to lay off running or anything that causes pain and focus on diet for a bit. I had occasional knee pain/inflammation when I used to run, and cutting short recovery time really didn't help!
  • sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options

You are so positive, its absolutely brilliant. It makes this thread such a joy to read. Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration :smile:

I have had another great day, 1 hour circuit and 1 hour walking. Just need to decide what to have for dinner. Enjoy the rest of the day :)

I am so impressed by both of you getting your workouts/steps in for the day. You are a motivation to all of us!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I am so impressed by both of you getting your workouts/steps in for the day. You are a motivation to all of us!

Thank you :)
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Managed 15,936 steps yesterday, If I would of looked before I went to bed I would of ran down the driveway or something to get to 16,000 lol.
    Today at lunch I went to the rec center and did 20 minutes on the treadmill at 5-7% incline and walking about as fast as I could, then lifted some weights. Knee is a little sore so I am taking in easier, working on stretching my IT band, I've had trouble in the past with it from running in the cold.
    I had to go by walmart on my way back to work from the gym, going in there hungry isn't good, but I managed to only come out with turkey peperoni (havent had those in a long time, 70 calories for 16 pieces ) bananas and nylons.

danan, losing weight is much more about what you eat vs working out. I agree with giving it a rest, try swimming if you want, even walking in a current pool if you have access to one. When I was recovering from my ankle injury I would walk against the current in the lazy river while the kids played. As long as you are eating at a deficit you will lose weight! I workout so I can eat more
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Thanks Gill! That is so sweet of you! Glad I can help anyone on this journey!!
    Way to go... another 2 hours bites the dust! You rock girl!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Thanks!! I appreciate that! I try to be motivating! I can use it myself some days! =) Have an awesome day!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Managed 15,936 steps yesterday, If I would of looked before I went to bed I would of ran down the driveway or something to get to 16,000 lol.
    Today at lunch I went to the rec center and did 20 minutes on the treadmill at 5-7% incline and walking about as fast as I could, then lifted some weights. Knee is a little sore so I am taking in easier, working on stretching my IT band, I've had trouble in the past with it from running in the cold.
    I had to go by walmart on my way back to work from the gym, going in there hungry isn't good, but I managed to only come out with turkey peperoni (havent had those in a long time, 70 calories for 16 pieces ) bananas and nylons.

Amazing Cassie!!! WAY to go!! So close to 16K!!! You rock! Keep it up lady! True inspiration to the rest of us!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    48409163f7d5cefb20dda32a2bc76224.jpg
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi All, hope you all had a great day. I didnt get my workout in today, but i did manage to get a good walk in. The weather is getting a bit colder, but boy has mother nature been nice, and given us an extended fall. I can handle this. Makes getting outside easier. Stayed within my calories today, which is good. Today i decided to get all dressed up in some of my new smaller sized clothes and just rock them, JUST BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT! There isnt a better feeling then to be able to put clothes on without going through your whole wardrobe, because you dont think anything looks good on you, YES, i love this feeling!!!! Have a good night everyone!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ya gotta be....
    fql09cw0i30m.png
  • lcnoel13
    lcnoel13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just got back on MFP and found this thread! My husband has recently found something that works for him and he has dropped a good deal of weight. Unfortunately, we work different shifts and are not together during the week for support. Motivation is my biggest struggle and weekends when the family is all together are tough! I have about 70lbs to lose and could use the extra boost!
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Hello you found an amazing support group here. Everyone is so motivated which helps a great deal. Welcome and feel free u add my as a friend if you wish.
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    48409163f7d5cefb20dda32a2bc76224.jpg

Ok I really need to get one of theses
  • jdmadison2980
    jdmadison2980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jessica and I would like to join as well. I am on week 8 of my journey and down 17 lbs so far. I don't really have a number goal to loose just want to get healthy. I have thyroid disease so weight loss is an extra challenge for me. I log my food daily and it has helped me a lot in making smarter choices. The hardest thing I have had to give up is pasta :( I too have a desk job so getting active and not snacking has been hard. I come in early 2 days a week so I can have a longer lunch to go to the gym. I have 2 kids and a full time job taking care of them and the house outside of my 9 to 5 so gym time is hard to find. I also go on Sunday afternoons. Hope to help motivate anyone who needs it and get it in return!