Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• Badger_2016
    Badger_2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, my name is Tracy and I am from WI as well. Would love to be a part of your group. :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Steps - 7775. Not trusting the amount of cals burned it gives me on MFP, seem rather a lot! Unusually for me I feel a cold coming on, gah. But now children are in bed, so am I with a lemsip. The calories I've save not feeling hungry this evening can go towards my weekend when I am due to meet an old friend for dinner ;)

Have a great all!
    Great job Doris!! Nice step count and you saved up calories for a fun weekend! Hope you feel better!!
  • dmbsp11
    dmbsp11 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi all! I'm new here and just read through your discussion. You all seem very positive and I'd love to be a part of it. I signed up a couple months ago when I got my Garmin Vivosmart, but I didn't use it. I'm looking forward to the support.
  • dmbsp11
    Hi all! I'm new here and just read through your discussion. You all seem very positive and I'd love to be a part of it. I signed up a couple months ago when I got my Garmin Vivosmart, but I didn't use it. I'm looking forward to the support.
  • ShyCush6
    Hi, my name is Tracy and I am from WI as well. Would love to be a part of your group. :)

Yeah!! A Wisconsinite!! Welcome Tracy! Tell us more! How's your day going... staying on track? Are you a step counter? We are here for stressing, motivation, cheering, sharing and anything you need support in! =)
  • Badger_2016
    Badger_2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey fellow sconnie! I have a fitbit but I stopped using it when I fractured my hip. I am recently healed from that injury but I am awaiting surgery for some other injuries I suffered during the fracture. I am currently doing as much as my hip will allow me to do. Can't wait to get back to being more active and start running again. In the meantime, trying to stay conditioned and lose weight. Are you sitting in front of Devil's Lake Shy? Beautiful area!
  • ShyCush6
    dmbsp11 wrote: »

Welcome! Hope to hear more from you and help to motivate you along the way!!
  • ShyCush6
    Hey fellow sconnie! I have a fitbit but I stopped using it when I fractured my hip. I am recently healed from that injury but I am awaiting surgery for some other injuries I suffered during the fracture. I am currently doing as much as my hip will allow me to do. Can't wait to get back to being more active and start running again. In the meantime, trying to stay conditioned and lose weight. Are you sitting in front of Devil's Lake Shy? Beautiful area!

I'm about an 45 min from Devil's Lake! One of my favorite parts of Wisconsin! I love going kayaking and hiking there!! Great place!!
    Sorry to hear of the injuries... hope you get back on the mend soon!! Looks like you are making the most of it! You look like an active runner! Love it! If you could rub off on me that would be great!!

6b863ab9ff842e5ea1e36259d386ae1b.jpg
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

Yeah!! A Wisconsinite!! Welcome Tracy! Tell us more! How's your day going... staying on track? Are you a step counter? We are here for stressing, motivation, cheering, sharing and anything you need support in! =)

I'm a cheesehead too! Living in FLA now though. Go Pack!
    So I've been doing very good these last two days; tracked everything I ate (even the 2 pieces of Tombstone pizza last night). Did 30 mins on the elliptical - feeling proud!

Kudos to everyone who got off their bums and did something! For those who didn't - tomorrow is another day.
  • Gibbsy21
    Gibbsy21 Posts: 22 Member
    I went ahead and logged the calories that I ate really late last night, and when I pushed complete entry it put me at an extra 3 lbs.! I'm wondering if I felt really hungry all of a sudden was because I didn't exercise later? Or I didn't drink enough water? What do y'all usually do to get rid of night cravings?
  • ShyCush6
    Gibbsy21 wrote: »
    I went ahead and logged the calories that I ate really late last night, and when I pushed complete entry it put me at an extra 3 lbs.! I'm wondering if I felt really hungry all of a sudden was because I didn't exercise later? Or I didn't drink enough water? What do y'all usually do to get rid of night cravings?

That'a girl! You were honest and you owned it! I try to avoid eating at night if at all possible! If I do get hungry, I drink water. If that really doesn't do it, then I try a healthy snack as possible. But it is so hard when hunger strikes! Here's to a better night tonight!
  • ShyCush6
    I'm a cheesehead too! Living in FLA now though. Go Pack!
    So I've been doing very good these last two days; tracked everything I ate (even the 2 pieces of Tombstone pizza last night). Did 30 mins on the elliptical - feeling proud!

Kudos to everyone who got off their bums and did something! For those who didn't - tomorrow is another day.
    Awesome! I would love to be living in Florida as well! Great! Lots of cheeseheads! Sorry to you other girls!! =) Tombstone... MY FAV! Yikes! You girls will learn from me... and the ones from WI pry understand... I am a beer and pizza kind of girl! Those are two really hard things for me to give up! Maybe it's a cheese thing... I don't know! But if we eat it, we own it AND we make it right if we went the wrong direction! You can make up for those calories! A little extra work out here and a little less in the mouth! ;)
  • ShyCush6
    So true Doris! Love it!
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everybody! This is my second day back to MFP after quite some time. I am the largest I have ever been and have about 50lbs to lose. I realized a change needed to be made after hardly recognizing myself in pictures and videos after trying on wedding gowns for my upcoming wedding. I am so happy to find a group like this and will do my best to post offend as well! I also have a fitbit and have a set goal of 10,000 steps everyday. I am currently at 9,021 and should exceed my goal before the night is over!
  • futureMrsM1001
    futureMrsM1001 Posts: 4 Member
    I would LOVE to be part of this! My name is Melissa. I had lost 30lbs and was doing great, I graduated college and started a new job and gained that plus some back. I now have about 100lbs to loose. I work as a home health PTA (physical therapist assistant) I am also the coordinator of the therapy for my company. I would love to join the group to help stay motivated and help others!
  • dmbsp11
    I would LOVE to be part of this! My name is Melissa. I had lost 30lbs and was doing great, I graduated college and started a new job and gained that plus some back. I now have about 100lbs to loose. I work as a home health PTA (physical therapist assistant) I am also the coordinator of the therapy for my company. I would love to join the group to help stay motivated and help others!

Hi! I know where you are coming from. I went back to school and got my masters a almost a year ago. I took a desk job during that time too. It was bad for me physically, but now my life has settled down and I need to refocus. Best of luck!
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome LoveOrganicLife and futureMrsM!

Sun has just come up here, love how this thread and you guys are focusing me! Alas, it will be a rubbish day for steps as I am going to stay home today. So rare for me as I so rarely get ill but I am ignoring the guilt and looking after myself. I have to start valuing my needs if I am going to succeed at taking better care of my body. There. That's my deep moment over. Now I'm off to look at lolcats.

Stay focused everyone!
  • bestkiwi2003
    bestkiwi2003 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone
    I have had my moments of not being motivated and lack mojo. I have been a sessional lecturer and contractor for last year so getting a schedule together has been problematic in terms of food and exercise. I finally picked up a full time ongoing role that allows me to work three days from home but think that being home during the day will reduce the amount of exercise I do. I joined a studio the other day and have started exercising in the morning at 7. Any clues tips and strategies for teleworkers welcome. I will be away at least 2-3 days a month in another state so planning to take protein powder and my shaker. Will try and get vege snacks when there.
    My worst times for over indulging are weekends... So I understand your pain. How do you deal with those times?