Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newcomers!

Jen @jkhoffe How did the run go? Running for beers is my mantra too ;)

Nichole @ngolden3320 Do you have access to a foam roller? I had awful shin splints at the beginning of my marathon training and the myofascial release with the foam roller really helped. I am impressed that you only stopped at 2 bites. Knowing me, that slice would have been devoured!

Jen @ChangeIsADecision Good job putting health first! (and the wonderful beer that follows)

Amber @uoflgirl89 and Dana @danan01 CONGRATS on your losses!!! That's great news!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Jake and I went to an amazing concert last night. They had artists on stage painting to the music which made it a really cool experience! I had more alcohol than I was planning, but for Paddy's Day it could have been A LOT worse! My body clock had me up at 6:15 am this morning so I'm hoping I don't hit a wall around noon. The Wellness Committee is hosting a pound class (You use weighted drumsticks and incorporate them into a beat driven dance music class). I'm excited to see how it goes!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    This is me this week! EATING!!!! Happy Meme Friday everyone! Hopefully all of you who celebrated St. Paddy's Day aren't feeling too under the weather. haha! I did have a beer with dinner last night, but that was it! I think I'm too old to celebrate that holiday anymore... ha!
    Let's all try our damnedest (sp? LOL!) to stick with our calories this weekend!!! Happy Friday !
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Joy @bluepoppies777 I just love your Meme's where do you find them. They fake me smile.

Rachel @Rachel0778 yes I do have access to a foam roller. I can get one from work. The concert you went to last night sounds awesome.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    onq5vw0qbh6u.jpg

Happy Meme Friday!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Rachel - @Rachel0778 The Run went great last night, and it vastly improved my mood and earned me 2 delicious beers - Win Win!!! That pound class sound super fun, let us know!

Beer and exercise, the two best mood boosters all in one day!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Hahahhaaa!!! I just laughed so loud with those memes!! I love this thread!
    Nic, I just get them off google. They make me smile too, I pretty much look for some every day to cheer me up and get motivation.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely people, and welcome to Marianne & Sam.
    Good job with the running Dana, 1 min is where we all start from. Keep at it. ☺
    You guys have actually made me smile with those memes, sorry I wasn't around to join in, next week I'll be back with a vengeance.
    Had a 2lb loss this week, happy with that after last week's stall. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll check back in properly when I don't feel like death warmed up.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Rachel - @Rachel0778 The Run went great last night, and it vastly improved my mood and earned me 2 delicious beers - Win Win!!! That pound class sound super fun, let us know!

Beer and exercise, the two best mood boosters all in one day!

You ladies are awesome!!! I love your dedication to your goals and rewards!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    m2njp2p8s1b4.jpg

This is so me!! Fries are my weakness!!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I have been MIA. My life sort of got in the way and I stalled on my posting but kept up on my food and exercise logging so I guess that is good.

I have been really frustrated lately but it sounds like a lot of others have been as well. The scale just is not moving but I did measure this week and lost about 5 inches over the last month so I will take that as a win.

Everyone seems to be having great victories either with the digital beast (AKA the scale) or other NSV so YEA EVERYONE. My life is currently being ruled by college basketball - go Syracuse, so there is not a lot of activity coming out of my husband this weekend. I am taking my youngest to see Deadpool and I can only watch so my college basketball before I go insane.

We have already hit the gym this morning so that is out of the way and tomorrow is my day off. I found out yesterday that my favorite yoga class is moving to 8am which means rush hour traffic and it will now be a 50 minute ride and I am trying to decide if it is worth it. I love that class but I think by the time I get there by blood pressure will be so high the yoga will not even be a benefit. I can not believe I was actually almost in tears about it. I so love that class and how it makes me feel. It took me forever to find it.

Hope everyone has a great one. Hopefully I can pull the laptop out of my husband grasp over the next few days to chirp in but that d**m basketball :)

Rachel @Rachel0778 - nice work on the .9 loss and going to Muay Thai class. I used to hate classes but I have come to love them and think the "guilt" is one of the reasons. It really does keep you going.

Joy - I had one of those days this week and the crazy thing was dinner was going to be ready in about 10 minutes. Crazy but when it hits it hits. Lucky we know it is just a moment in time we go onward.

Nichole - calories during strength training is a difficult thing, even the heart rate monitors don't do justice to it. I would suggest looking it up on the boards. I have learned some great stuff there. Great job on only eating 2 bites of that cake.

Dana - If playing basketball with your son is anything like playing with mine, they are 6'5" and 6'7", it is quite a workout. We have a rule - I don't have to play by any rules - it is the only way I can score at all. By the time we are done I am lucky to get one bucket and am exhausted but it is a great time.

Shy - I wish I could get back to running. It is the one thing that really killed my back a few years ago. Maybe this summer I will give it another try with the strength training I am doing, I really miss it. Goodluck.

Cari - Great job not the running!!!!. Congrats on the 2 lbs.

Gillain - Love the pictures. Those 8 pounds will be off before you know it. Keep up the hard work.

@uoflgirl89 - great job on the big loss.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Ru freaking kidding me. I'm really getting discouraged. Last week TOM gained like 6 lbs. weighed in this morning. And lost 1.1. What about the othe 4.9 lbs I gained. Aye good this week worked my *kitten* off. WTF. Old me is creating in trying to say screw it. I officially hate Happy Scale
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Nichole have you measured yourself recently, Sometimes that is a better judge on how things are going. You are doing absolutely brilliant so keep up the great work. You've got this !!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nicholen listen to Gillian, my scale has not moved at all. I have lost and gained the same 2 pounds for the past month but have lost some series inches and a pants size. I totally understand the frustration though, trust me. You do everything right and it is all about the number, the crappy crappy number. I have decided to get on the scale once a week and see if that helps my mental game.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Thanks to both of u. I have a question about measuring. I didn't measure when I first started. Next Friday is 1 month should I measure now or wait till then. I think I should wait I'm afraid if I measure and nothing has changed that would push me right over the edge
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Nichole, I downloaded Happy Scale and went on it for about a week. Did NOT work for me at all! It's deleted already! I have been in a slump for almost a month now, it gets hard to keep positive, that's for sure. I only do my measurements about once a month, because I like to see a bigger difference between the last time.
    Over the years of trying all different diets, I have found that a positive attitude really does help the lbs come off. I have to remind myself of that right now too because I'm getting stressed and frustrated too. It's almost like telling yourself and thinking "I'm going to lose weight this week" actually works in some weird way. It's just hard to keep the positivity and believe it sometimes. (Right now for me!!). But we have to keep trying! And we can celebrate and/or commiserate together on this thread! I'm right there with you, sister! Let's just keep sweating and smiling and will it to happen!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    ortt6iso4w4o.jpg