Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    s3w30bxih5ti.jpg
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    a2jllt1ytpig.jpg
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The only time i measure is if i have had a significant amount of time with no weight loss. But you will need a base line in order to know if things are working. If you are not ready to measure then DON'T. I carefully look at why my weight loss as slowed, could it be TOM, to much salt, to many carbs, extra exercise causing water retention. The answer is usually there somewhere. My biggest problem was pasta - i would balloon just from a small amount. so i have totally cut it from my diet. Everyone will have their own triggers its just a matter of finding it. and as Joy as said, YOU ARE AWESOME :)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    I just typed all kinds of stuff and it only posted thanks girls. WTH
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    What I tried to say is thanks girls for having my back. I will get through this with all of MFP friends. How can I not. I am going to weigh myself next week. I will lose weight and then I will measure myself and will have lost inches. And by the way I am deleting my happy freaking nightmare scale as soon as I'm done here. And going back to the good old fashion way I was doing it when I was losing weight every week. Thanks again Have a great weekend. Mine is better now. :):|
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in a while bc it's March Break here and we've been super busy. I've been eating terribly and not exercising but I'm not stressed about it, back to it when everyone's back to routine on Monday.

I totally second the taking of measurements. I've been on here for 4 months, lost 13.8lbs but have lost a lot of inches. I just measure every once in a while when I remember to do it or if the scale hasn't moved much. Those numbers are way more dramatic for me than the scale, that and clothes are now too big for me.
  • zenjen13
    Options
    What I tried to say is thanks girls for having my back. I will get through this with all of MFP friends. How can I not. I am going to weigh myself next week. I will lose weight and then I will measure myself and will have lost inches. And by the way I am deleting my happy freaking nightmare scale as soon as I'm done here. And going back to the good old fashion way I was doing it when I was losing weight every week. Thanks again Have a great weekend. Mine is better now. :):|

FWIW I've been using Happy Scale for about three months now and I love it. But, if those day to day fluctuations freak you out then maybe it's not the best tool for you. I find I forget the progress I've made so it's nice to see that line moving in the right direction. You also need at least a month of data (my arbitrary figure) to see a proper trend so if you've only been using a week or two then give it more time. Since I lose in tiny increments of .6 or .4 I like to see that progress and seeing a small amount like that on my scale isn't nearly as motivating for me as it is on Happy Scales.
  • Anapalooza77
    Anapalooza77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm also new to this...just starting out. I've been overweight pretty much my entire life. Lost 80+Lbs in my 20s and slowly gained it all back after having a child. Really lacked the motivation to do anything about it...it's hard to explain. But now I'm back and ready to make the commitment to getting healthy. So glad to find this group. Hope we can all be each other's motivation and pep talkers when things get rough!
  • MaryKayPedersen
    MaryKayPedersen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need a big push just to stay active.
  • aimeescott1251
    aimeescott1251 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm looking for friends who post a lot and keep each other motivated, more posts=more motivation. I want someone to share motivation,failures and success with in our journeys so feel free to add!i don't bite☺️☺️
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »

FWIW I've been using Happy Scale for about three months now and I love it. But, if those day to day fluctuations freak you out then maybe it's not the best tool for you. I find I forget the progress I've made so it's nice to see that line moving in the right direction. You also need at least a month of data (my arbitrary figure) to see a proper trend so if you've only been using a week or two then give it more time. Since I lose in tiny increments of .6 or .4 I like to see that progress and seeing a small amount like that on my scale isn't nearly as motivating for me as it is on Happy Scales.

I'm with you @zenjen13 - I like to see the line moving down... not necessarily the number b/c sometimes it's so small it's hard to register you still lost... But I have an Android and they don't have Happy Scale so I'm in search of another "Happy Scale" app of my own!

@ngolden3320 - Don't get too discouraged...we all go up and down at times. You are in a good frame of mind to follow your plan but good that you tried something different b/c now you know your plan is the best one for you! Keep up the good work and keep your chin up!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    new calorie update = after 7 days on my new calories aiming for 1590 I have managed to average 1400 calories per day before exercise. which is 200 more per day than what i was eating in previous weeks. and i am pleased to say I have lost 1lb this week. The only difference in exercise is that i have walked more but done less on my kickboxing due to a pulled muscle. I will update you as i go along :)
  • fitforlife2073
    fitforlife2073 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! Thank you Shy for your posts! My name is Sonia, I live in Texas, I'm from Argentina. I want to loose 60 pounds, I'm tired of the baby weight I still have, my kids are already in school! Lol
  • zenjen13
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision My sis is on android and I think she uses Libra? I will ask her for a review. Yeah, I just lost .2 today for a total of 14lbs! If I didn't have my app then instead of celebrating this small victory I would be upset that that the loss is so small. Using Happy Scales makes me realize that every little bit counts!
  • zenjen13
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 I must have missed a post. Are you maintaining now? Good for you and your loss!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    @GillianSmith2 I must have missed a post. Are you maintaining now? Good for you and your loss!

No i am playing with my calories. I have a fitbit that puts me at active but i was set to sedentary. I changed my settings on here and it gave me more calories but i get less burn from exercise if that makes sense. I am trying it out for a couple of weeks to see what difference it makes. This week its a loss thankfully, but I will see how it goes week by week :wink:
  • zenjen13
    Options
    Ok so I totally missed a page of awesome updates. @GillianSmith2 you rock! It's great to see such success, you look amazing.
    On a separate note: how many freaking Jens do we have here? Lol
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Hey all I'm looking for friends who post a lot and keep each other motivated, more posts=more motivation. I want someone to share motivation,failures and success with in our journeys so feel free to add!i don't bite☺️☺️

You have come to the right spot these MFP friends are awesome. Welcome!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    So after my meltdown on Saturday I think I am in a better frame of mind. I looked on line and found a workout routine that I am going to try. I think maybe I was overdoing it a little. Going try and see how this works out. I know a lot of you do different classes. Those of you that go to the gym only what kind of routines do you do? I went to the chiropractor on Friday, after talking with her I have come to the conclusion that the dreadmill is what is making my shins and knee hurt. So I will just concentrate on the stationary bike and elliptical trainer for my cardio.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Happy Monday to all.

I only have a 4 day week this week and then I am off for 6 days. My brain needs it. LOL My girls are going to Myrtle Beach for High School softball next week for spring break. Really bummed that I couldn't go this year. But funding not in the cards. I will take the 3 days off next week and do some spring cleaning. That and just chill.