Options
1789101113»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    hayjacob wrote: »
    can a person do 0 sugar ? cut it out? is this even possible?
    no fruits, no milk?
    I keep my sugar intake below 10grams a day.

no veg no fruit, no milk?

why "no" ? 10 grams of sugar in things containing a few % sugar could be 10s or 100s of grams. 3.7g in a portion of raspberries for example.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. If you don't want, or have the time to read volumes of scientific information, I highly recommend watching a brilliant Australian film/documentary mage in 2012 titled 'That Sugar Film '. It is unbiased and extremely illuminating.
    You neglected to add context to your remarks. What kind of sugar? I agree that cutting all sugars, like those found in dairy, vegetables and fruit would be unwise. Why? Because they are nutrient dense foods packed with vitamins and minerals and many people shy away from them in the name of cutting sugar and I personally don't see how they are getting enough nutrition without those foods.

The simple fact, though, is that the body will produce the glucose it needs even if you don't ingest sugar in any form.

As a nursing student, you should look into the science of this a bit more.

It's very much not unbiased.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I missed the fun. Again.

The whole brain works best on x seems silly to me. It isn't sitting in a jar mainlining glucose or ketone bodies.

We have a complex energy system with a variety of checks and balances, in which carbs, fats and proteins all play roles. While low carb or high carb might work for certain individuals - I've yet to meet a performance athlete doing a very low carb for peak performance.

carb511.gif

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. If you don't want, or have the time to read volumes of scientific information, I highly recommend watching a brilliant Australian film/documentary mage in 2012 titled 'That Sugar Film '. It is unbiased and extremely illuminating.
    You neglected to add context to your remarks. What kind of sugar? I agree that cutting all sugars, like those found in dairy, vegetables and fruit would be unwise. Why? Because they are nutrient dense foods packed with vitamins and minerals and many people shy away from them in the name of cutting sugar and I personally don't see how they are getting enough nutrition without those foods.

The simple fact, though, is that the body will produce the glucose it needs even if you don't ingest sugar in any form.

And now the laughable "documentary."

It's like I'm psychic.

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

And now the laughable "documentary."

It's like I'm psychic.

That someone would consider that a documentary and unbiased is disturbing.
    It's faddy 'edutainment'.