OK guys... what's the best greek yogurt?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Liberte.2%-coconut.and.lemon
  • kassiprzysiecki
    kassiprzysiecki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 2% with Honey! Everyday for
    Breakfast yumm
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 2% with Honey! Everyday for
    Breakfast yumm

Totally yums ...

It's not Greek yogurt, but Old Chatham Sheep's Milk yogurt (Plain) is awesome, too ... It's thick, not as thick as the strained, but still thick, and no added thickeners ... I get it a Whole Foods ...
  • mneubauer1
    mneubauer1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love plain 0% Fage greek yogurt. Great protein source and no added sugar. I add fresh or frozen berries. YUM! Costco has the best prices for the large container.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    well im mad because now the greek yogurt has taken over the grocery shelves, when i went to the store, i did not see the one yogurt that tasted good to me - Dannon with fruit on the bottom. but they had all this greek yogurt and that crappy yoplait.

has anyone else noticed this?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My favorite plain is Fage & I like their yogurt with the flip side. They have a new version out I want to try. I also like Wallaby yogurts (not sure if they're greek yogurt) & I like Mueller.
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    acesulfame potassium.....bad stuff....
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Walmart used to sell Voskos Greek Yogurt....was the best with nothing bad in it....now, they've taken it off the shelves and I'm yogurt less.....
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Fage Fage Fage...with Honey....I wait for it to go on sale! I tried buying a large thing of Calbot Greek Yogurt and adding my own honey...wasnt the same AT ALL. Fage Fage Fage :)
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty fierce chobani addiction. yum!
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The first Greek yogurt I ate was Chobani and then OIKOS (Dannon and Stoneyfield). I preferred the Chobani and won't even consider OIKOS anymore. I recently found Meijer, Wal-Mart and Kroger now have their own Greek yogurts and Meijer and Wal-Mart are great (it almost seems like they are the same) I buy it as my first choice when shopping at those stores. Kroger's Greek is my least favorite of the store brands. It's just funny and that's the plain--the vanilla is GROSS. A few days ago I ran out but my only option was Target where I bought a Fage Total 0% -- oh my heavens -- DELICIOUS. Expensive, but wow, if you didn't eat it all of the time I would say splurge and get it.

My preferences are based on eating almost daily with either, granola, pureed fresh fruit or honey. Since I add-in extras I get the plain 0%-fat options. If I were going to eat it plain or with some chopped fruit I would get a 2%-fat content it's so much nicer with a little fat. For cooking I just use whatever 0% plain I have. I can imagine that a 2% Fage would be amazing in place of cold sour cream as a topper.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    well im mad because now the greek yogurt has taken over the grocery shelves, when i went to the store, i did not see the one yogurt that tasted good to me - Dannon with fruit on the bottom. but they had all this greek yogurt and that crappy yoplait.

has anyone else noticed this?

Truthfully? Dannon FOTB or plain yogurt was the only yogurt I ever bought before I bought Greek yogurt and it's been a decade or more since stores near me have carried a good selection. I think that crappy Yoplait killed Dannon FOTB for me. As a fan of DFOTB I say try the Greek with some fruit. It's yummy.