10 day green smoothie cleanse

Options
Hey I'm Ashley and I need to lose like 60lbs. I'm starting my 10 day green smoothie cleanse Wed. Let me know if you are jnterested. I need a support buddy and I'm new to these discussion post

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing?
  • ashleyluvinshetime
    Options
    My body. I have done the smoothie cleanse before and it really makes you crave healthy food. A bite of something fried or unhealthy just hurts your stomach
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Will there be food or just smoothie all the way?
  • ashleyluvinshetime
    ashleyluvinshetime Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    There's two different options. You can have a smoothie for each meal or do 2 smoothies and a healthy 3rd meal with chicken or fish and veggies. Look it up 10 day green smoothie cleanse it works and you can lose up to 15 lbs off it.

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Is it a full moon?
  • Kahukura1
    Kahukura1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there are you still looking for a support buddy?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    There's two different options. You can have a smoothie for each meal or do 2 smoothies and a healthy 3rd meal with chicken or fish and veggies. Look it up 10 day green smoothie cleanse it works and you can lose up to 15 lbs off it.

All cleanses do is make you hardly eat and they make you poop more!

That way you lose water weight and also the weight from having cleared out most of the volume of food that you had previously eaten.

Your body has it's own "Detox" system. It is called the excretory system. It is your lungs, kidneys, skin, bowels. They do the job for you. And if they don't you need a Dr not a "Cleanse"

Save your self some money, just eat less calories and move more.
  • ashleyluvinshetime
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »

I disagree because I have done it before and it really made want to eat healthy. It's not everybody's thing. But if you are interested let's do this!! I'm ready for this detox after everything I have been putting in my tummy lately.
  • ashleyluvinshetime
    ashleyluvinshetime Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

That way you lose water weight and also the weight from having cleared out most of the volume of food that you had previously eaten.

Your body has it's own "Detox" system. It is called the excretory system. It is your lungs, kidneys, skin, bowels. They do the job for you. And if they don't you need a Dr not a "Cleanse"

I wasn't asking for an opinion. I don't need that. You can keep scrolling to other discussion groups this was specifically for people INTERESTED not posting your opinions. Sry I can care less how or what you feel about a detox.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    if it worked sooooo good, why do you have to do it again?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    JJ Smith, author "Lose Weight Without Dieting Or Working Out: Discover Secrets to a Slimmer, Sexier, and Healthier You" "10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!". Sounds legit.

Is she related to Dr. Oz?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

I wasn't asking for an opinion. I don't need that. You can keep scrolling to other discussion groups this was specifically for people INTERESTED not posting your opinions. Sry I can care less how or what you feel about a detox.

When you post on a PUBLIC forum, you don't get to select the people who can respond, I'm afraid.

I would also like to know what you are needing to detox from?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

When you post on a PUBLIC forum, you don't get to select the people who can respond, I'm afraid.

I would also like to know what you are needing to detox from?

+1
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Your right I can keep scrolling on to other topics, how ever I can continue to post in this one to.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My body. I have done the smoothie cleanse before and it really makes you crave healthy food. A bite of something fried or unhealthy just hurts your stomach

So you do this green smoothie thing, which probably makes you poop A LOT, and then afterwards it makes normal food hurt your stomach?

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

I know The Guardian isn't a medical site but there's lots of good truth in here (that'll probably be ignored by the cleanse/detox crowd). A few choice quotes:

"If toxins did build up in a way your body couldn’t excrete, he says, you’d likely be dead or in need of serious medical intervention. “The healthy body has kidneys, a liver, skin, even lungs that are detoxifying as we speak,” he says. “There is no known way – certainly not through detox treatments – to make something that works perfectly well in a healthy body work better.”

"In 2009, a network of scientists assembled by the UK charity Sense about Science contacted the manufacturers of 15 products sold in pharmacies and supermarkets that claimed to detoxify. The products ranged from dietary supplements to smoothies and shampoos. When the scientists asked for evidence behind the claims, not one of the manufacturers could define what they meant by detoxification, let alone name the toxins."

"But before you dust off that juicer or take the first tentative steps towards a colonic irrigation clinic, there’s something you should know: detoxing – the idea that you can flush your system of impurities and leave your organs squeaky clean and raring to go – is a scam. It’s a pseudo-medical concept designed to sell you things."

Besides, Drs. Oz, Hyman and Lustig promote detoxes. That should be enough to make any reasonable person ignore it. Now add this JJ Smith lady to the list of snake oil sellers.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

So you do this green smoothie thing, which probably makes you poop A LOT, and then afterwards it makes normal food hurt your stomach?
    Just the mere thought of drinking green smoothies instead of eating real food makes my stomach hurt.

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of MFP for around 4 years. I cant tell you how many, many times I have seen some sort of version on these boards about how someone wanted to do a detox/cleanse. Here is how it plays out almost every single time.
    1. Person posts they are looking for buddies to do the ### cleanse. They need to get rid of the junk in their bodies and want to kickstart their diet.
    2. Someone responds by asking what it is they want to cleanse out. Someone (wisely) attaches a link to a previous thread," looking for a detox."
    3. Original person posting gets defensive and tells everyone to get off their post, they didnt ask for advice.
    4. One or two people jump in, saying they will join up and that everyone else are a bunch of meanies.
    5. Original person ignores all that people who are just being honest and have been successful at weight loss and just might know what they are talking about.
    6. Original poster is never heard from again and doesn't lose any weight.
    I post this, not to sound mean to the OP on this, it's just that I wish, just once this would play out differently, with you actually listening to people, who are only trying to help. Cleanses and detoxes are completely unnecessary for weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.