10 day green smoothie cleanse

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Aani15 wrote: »
    Every detox post ends in a similar fashion.
    People who try to help, now, please make me understand how all that links and information works out for the posters?
    Even if OPs simply ignore it, like others, who eat whatever they want, citing that they watch their CICO, maintain a deficit, maintained their 'ideal BMI range weight', for 'x' number of years, enjoying variety of foods, no restriction on food groups.

and the funny thing is that we like to reach our goal the way we want but do not like a few terminologies even if when they are not being advertised as healthy at all. Who is getting benefitted from such posts and is it a way to show off your knowledge when it is not asked for or for other unknown reasons.

If all helpful people, really want to help, the only way I think of, is to sit down with those 'ops' into 'detox', 'sugar free life', 'low carb' people, and make them eat what 'helpful people' think would be beneficial for them. Is it feasible? Is it practical? are we adults? are we free to make our own choices?

Think!

Thinking, hmmmm. Lurkers benefit, maybe even the OP.
  • Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    People who try to help, now, please make me understand how all that links and information works out for the posters?
    Even if OPs simply ignore it, like others, who eat whatever they want, citing that they watch their CICO, maintain a deficit, maintained their 'ideal BMI range weight', for 'x' number of years, enjoying variety of foods, no restriction on food groups.

and the funny thing is that we like to reach our goal the way we want but do not like a few terminologies even if when they are not being advertised as healthy at all. Who is getting benefitted from such posts and is it a way to show off your knowledge when it is not asked for or for other unknown reasons.

If all helpful people, really want to help, the only way I think of, is to sit down with those 'ops' into 'detox', 'sugar free life', 'low carb' people, and make them eat what 'helpful people' think would be beneficial for them. Is it feasible? Is it practical? are we adults? are we free to make our own choices?

Think!

Thinking, hmmmm. Lurkers benefit, maybe even the OP.

Ouch that hurt really bad!
    I have kicked the hornet's nest, I know, going to get hurt.
    :D
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

Think!

Have no idea what you're trying to say.

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Think!

lol Thank you. I thought it was just me!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Think!

All I can envision is a drunk Winnie the Pooh smacking his index finger against the side of his head. . . . . think think think

uq7wm.jpg

• Aani15
    Options

Think!

My point was that you can put seat belts in the car but can't force the drivers to use it, drunk driving is prohibited but still you can't stop this practice, you can share all the good information regarding nutrition, but you can't force people to follow it, if they are simply not interested.

Just to make my replies relevant to this thread, I do not have an opinion on detoxes, same for eating out occasionally, drinking occasionally, smoking occasionally, etc. etc. etc.
    What people do with their weight loss strategy is none of my business.
  • Aani15
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

Think!

All I can envision is a drunk Winnie the Pooh smacking his index finger against the side of his head. . . . . think think think

uq7wm.jpg

I love Winnie the Pooh!
    Think, think, think...hilarious!
  • Aani15
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »

Think!

lol Thank you. I thought it was just me!

Lol!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Think!

My point was that you can put seat belts in the car but can't force the drivers to use it, drunk driving is prohibited but still you can't stop this practice, you can share all the good information regarding nutrition, but you can't force people to follow it, if they are simply not interested.

Just to make my replies relevant to this thread, I do not have an opinion on detoxes, same for eating out occasionally, drinking occasionally, smoking occasionally, etc. etc. etc.

So what you're saying is that no one should be bothered trying to help anyone on a forum dedicated to helping people. Gotcha.
  • Aani15
    Options

Think!

So what you're saying is that no one should be bothered trying to help anyone on a forum dedicated to helping people. Gotcha.

Actually, just the opposite.
    Why wasting your precious time and energy on someone when they simply do not care.
    I see a lot of threads starting with or have this word in the topic, HELP!

So those people deserve this kind of effort and help.
    I hope you 'Gotcha' this time.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Think!

Why wasting your precious time and energy on someone when they simply do not care.

I don't understand your point?
  • Aani15
    Options

Think!

Will Ferrell?
    I'm a big fan. Welcome to the MFP community, Sir!
    I'm rubbing shoulders with the celebrities now, how lucky am I?
  • queenliz99
    Options

Think!

Will Ferrell?

You sir, are completely lucky. Nice to meet you!!
  • Aani15
    Options

Think!

Will Ferrell?

You sir, are completely lucky. Nice to meet you!!

I hope I will get your autograph one day or at least a selfie with you, for my Facebook profile picture.
    Hope!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Think!

If it wasn't for people wasting their precious time telling me things that I didn't want to hear I'd still be obese. I would never have competed in bodybuilding competitions. I would never have set a world record for deadlift. I would be in the starve myself and binge eat cycle while taking the newest pills on the market or still trying to cut carbs completely or I would have given up.

That's why people sit here and tell people the truth about detoxes or let people know that cutting out carbs isn't absolutely necessary. The person who started the thread may not care, but others are out there reading and not posting. Someone out there is reading this thread and wondering if maybe they have been wrong for years. Someone out there is learning that the diet industry as a whole should be ashamed of itself.

Sometimes the people who feel they are trying to help should just let it go and offer to help if the person fails. Sometimes they should use different tactics. Sometimes they should realize that people need to fail or that dieting/fitness doesn't have to be black and white to their terms. I think it's great that people hear someone talking about doing a detox and want to share the truth about the word detox as a sales pitch and what it really means from a science perspective. Those are the kind of people that helped me be successful.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Think!

If it wasn't for people wasting their precious time telling me things that I didn't want to hear I'd still be obese. I would never have competed in bodybuilding competitions. I would never have set a world record for deadlift. I would be in the starve myself and binge eat cycle while taking the newest pills on the market or still trying to cut carbs completely or I would have given up.

That's why people sit here and tell people the truth about detoxes or let people know that cutting out carbs isn't absolutely necessary. The person who started the thread may not care, but others are out there reading and not posting. Someone out there is reading this thread and wondering if maybe they have been wrong for years. Someone out there is learning that the diet industry as a whole should be ashamed of itself.

Sometimes the people who feel they are trying to help should just let it go and offer to help if the person fails. Sometimes they should use different tactics. Sometimes they should realize that people need to fail or that dieting/fitness doesn't have to be black and white to their terms. I think it's great that people hear someone talking about doing a detox and want to share the truth about the word detox as a sales pitch and what it really means from a science perspective. Those are the kind of people that helped me be successful.

This
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Donesha88 wrote: »
    I definitely want to try this where do I get the recipes i won't be doing this cleanse till after Thanksgiving

i will join you, as long as i can make red smoothies instead. i dont think i could hold the green stuff down.

Is that like bloody marys?

oh hell no, thats as bad as drinking grass smoothies
    i was thinking more of Strawberry Margarita Smoothie or Cherry Lime Margarita Smoothie. the tequila will help burn the fat.

I NEVER thought I would be willing to try a detox but you got my interested now! ;)
  • Aani15
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Think!

All above highlighted lines are in fact great points!
    I'm also among those people like you, who have been benefitted from MFP community.
    MFP website will become irrelevant without these helpful people, contributing so much to the boards and giving their precious time for newbies, no one can take it away from them. Because of this reason, I had started a thread to nominate people who deserved appreciation and acknowledgement, which was sadly closed.

But my point is that it is simply impossible to get everyone on the same page and it does not mean that helpful people should stop posting. But once it becomes apparent that OP does not care, they can give their precious time to other needy people, who will in fact thank and appreciate them. Every day, there are new threads created at MFP community, most of them seeking help.

And as long as people like @SideSteel, are the part of this community, no woo, shoo or poo can misguide anyone here. This community is blessed with so many wonderful people, contributing generously, for free. May God bless them all!

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Original poster, are you even following along anymore? With a lot of the comments you received, I'm wondering if you've either changed your mind and don't want to do your cleanse OR so turned off by your responses that you aren't reading.

There are some threads and groups about juicing that are helpful. Also feel free to send me a message if you want to chat about smoothies and juicing.

Whichever way you go, best luck with reaching your goals. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nobody starts a thread and doesn't keep reading

Even flouncers keep reading
This discussion has been closed.