Hooters Girl?

Options

Replies

• Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have an incredibly intelligent friend (who works as a physical therapist by day and used to moonlight as hooters girl a couple days a week just to have some fun money)...she is 5ft even and though I do not know how much she weighed at that time, she was not super thin...nor was she void of cellulite. She definitely is gifted in the chest department but more so than anything she is charming, fun to be around and total cut up and everyone loves her from the moment they meet her. I have to say...up until I met her and she told me about her side job...well...I was a little judgy, judgy...but hey whatever you are into it, if it motivates you to be healthy and have some fun before you die, OK. They do require you to fit into a uniform...however...my friend told me that even though she should have worn a size large in short shorts, the manager made her squeeze into SMALLS. Yeah, not a joke there. Have FUN!
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    Hey everyone likes attention, some just like different kinds. No judgement here! If you got it, flaunt it nawmsayn
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They'll take girls with any sized boobs, but smaller sized girls will need to wear a push up bra.

I've heard they help with breast augmentations for those who aren't so blessed and who want them. Not sure if that is true or not, though...

I don't know if they help pay (doesn't seem likely for a waitress job, but I don't know), but the girls do put pressure on each other to get them. It's the same way in the world of exotic dancing.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Men should apply for a server position and sue for gender discrimination. Take that nasty dried out wings place down. Buffalo Wild Wings does wings better anyways.

No way! BWW has nasty food!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!

In for judgement.

Proceed.

:laugh: In for "In".

OP: Whatever size you're comfortable wearing the uniform.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Men should apply for a server position and sue for gender discrimination. Take that nasty dried out wings place down. Buffalo Wild Wings does wings better anyways.

JudgingYou.gif
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    They'll take girls with any sized boobs, but smaller sized girls will need to wear a push up bra.

I've heard they help with breast augmentations for those who aren't so blessed and who want them. Not sure if that is true or not, though...

I don't know if they help pay (doesn't seem likely for a waitress job, but I don't know), but the girls do put pressure on each other to get them. It's the same way in the world of exotic dancing.

I think it was geared more toward their girls that compete or are displayed in their calendars. But, again, not certain.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Idk the Parmesan garlic OMG
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Can they discriminate based on weight? I mean if Abercrombie & Fitch can....
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I like their wings and the atmosphere is casual and fun. To each his/her own. *shrugs*
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Oh and older people should apply like a 70 year old grandma who wants a little extra cash for Christmas
  • whierd
    Options
    Oh and older people should apply like a 70 year old grandma who wants a little extra cash for Christmas

Why are you trying to ruin Hooters?
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    . I guess they get around it by calling their waitresses performers. Like its almost an acting gig
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Why are you trying to ruin Hooters?

Nah imagine how sweet it would be seeing grandma serving you wings and a plus for the mature lovers
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I think it was geared more toward their girls that compete or are displayed in their calendars. But, again, not certain.

Oh, yeah, that does seem like it could be true!
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what size/weight you have to be to work at hooters? Im hoping I can get hired after I lose 60 more pounds. Also how many calories should I be eating if I burn atleast 1, 000 daily?

Since most (some) people are being jerks or just unhelpful I'll try to answer you....

congratulations on your loss so far! I don't believe they can discriminate based on size. When i used to eat there, the girls definitely varied in weight. Maybe scope out your local hooters to see the type they tend to employ.

try to eat back the 1000 calories you burn a day, on top of your normal amount. That's how MFP is designed to work. I can't give you a number though, it's based on your statistics. But that is a huge burn each day, great job!

Finally, kudos to you knowing what you want. Ignore the rude one's, if you can. Haters are always going to hate.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

ETA- while i was writing this there have been some helpful replies... so i added "some" in parenthesis above :)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's it. I'm gonna go apply. I wanna see what this is all about! I wonder if they'd hire me... Lol

How much do they make anyway? I guess it depends on how charming you can be...
    I didn't get paid *kitten* at Abercrombie & Fitch, btw. The manager just let me take a bunch of clothes for free. ( this was years ago.)
  • Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm...come think...my friend has fake boobs. She got them BEFORE hooters (some crazy ex-bf talked her into that) and so I'm thinking it has less to do with your thickness or cellulite status.
  • whierd
    Options
    I've seen Hooters girls with big boobs and Hooters girls with small boobs. I've seen chubby ones and skinny ones. Whatevs, just keep my damn drink filled up and don't bother flirting with me in hopes of getting a better tip. :angry:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered this, but I've only been to a hooters a few times. Do they have waiters? Or do men only work in the kitchen or at the bar?

OP, good luck.