Hooters Girl?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what size/weight you have to be to work at hooters? Im hoping I can get hired after I lose 60 more pounds. Also how many calories should I be eating if I burn atleast 1, 000 daily?

Since most people are being jerks or just unhelpful I'll try to answer you....

congratulations on your loss so far! I don't believe they can discriminate based on size. When i used to eat there, the girls definitely varied in weight. Maybe scope out your local hooters to see the type they tend to employ.

try to eat back the 1000 calories you burn a day, on top of your normal amount. That's how MFP is designed to work. I can't give you a number though, it's based on your statistics. But that is a huge burn each day, great job!

Finally, kudos to you knowing what you want. Ignore the rude one's, if you can. Haters are always going to hate.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

there were a couple of rude responses, but not all of us were rude. Some of us were actually trying to help.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Can they discriminate based on weight? I mean if Abercrombie & Fitch can....
    I've always wondered this, but I've only been to a hooters a few times. Do they have waiters? Or do men only work in the kitchen or at the bar?

OP, good luck.

They only work the kitchen/bar.
    Options
    I've seen Hooters girls with big boobs and Hooters girls with small boobs. I've seen chubby ones and skinny ones. Whatevs, just keep my damn drink filled up and don't bother flirting with me in hopes of getting a better tip. :angry:

I too have seen different shapes and sizes and for the most part, they all had confidence and a great attitude.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    hooters will hire girls of all shapes and sizes. if you look good in the uniform they will have you waitress (tank and short shorts). if not, they can put you behind the bar (same uniform as a waitress) or do hostess duties (polo and tennis shorts). personality is a huge key there.
  • whierd
    Options
    I've seen Hooters girls with big boobs and Hooters girls with small boobs. I've seen chubby ones and skinny ones. Whatevs, just keep my damn drink filled up and don't bother flirting with me in hopes of getting a better tip. :angry:

I too have seen different shapes and sizes and for the most part, they all had confidence and a great attitude.

And I've had the misfortune of most of them being incompetent servers. :frown:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Lol, don't act like you don't go to Hooters for... Well, hooters!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered this, but I've only been to a hooters a few times. Do they have waiters? Or do men only work in the kitchen or at the bar?

OP, good luck.

Some guy in Texas settled out of court for gender discrimination

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/04/21/texas-man-settles-discrimination-lawsuit-against-hooters-for-not-hiring-male/
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    hooters will hire girls of all shapes and sizes. if you look good in the uniform they will have you waitress (tank and short shorts). if not, they can put you behind the bar (same uniform as a waitress) or do hostess duties (polo and tennis shorts). personality is a huge key there.

Yeah, that makes sense. All different sized girls, as long as they look good in the uniform.
  • whierd
    Options

Lol, don't act like you don't go to Hooters for... Well, hooters!

Who said that I don't go? I go when I have buddies to go with and we want wings. :laugh:
  • whierd
    Options

OP, good luck.

Some guy in Texas settled out of court for gender discrimination

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/04/21/texas-man-settles-discrimination-lawsuit-against-hooters-for-not-hiring-male/

Ridiculous.
    Options
    That's it. I'm gonna go apply. I wanna see what this is all about! I wonder if they'd hire me... Lol

How much do they make anyway? I guess it depends on how charming you can be...
    I didn't get paid *kitten* at Abercrombie & Fitch, btw. The manager just let me take a bunch of clothes for free. ( this was years ago.)

I'm going to guess minimum wage, plus tips...
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I remember reading some expose from an ex-Hooter and she said something about how the uniforms only come in size XXS, XS and S. I don't know if it's true or if that's even helpful or anything.

Edit - the article: http://www.accordingtosauce.com/2009/05/uniform-of-hooters-girl.html
  • whierd
    Options
    That's it. I'm gonna go apply. I wanna see what this is all about! I wonder if they'd hire me... Lol

I didn't get paid *kitten* at Abercrombie & Fitch, btw. The manager just let me take a bunch of clothes for free. ( this was years ago.)

They can get away with paying less than minimum wage provided the tips meet or exceed what they would have made if working hourly at minimum.
  • whierd
    Options
    I remember reading some expose from an ex-Hooter and she said something about how the uniforms only come in size XXS, XS and S. I don't know if it's true or if that's even helpful or anything.

I've seen some definitely MEDIUMS at Hooters.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

They can get away with paying less than minimum wage provided the tips meet or exceed what they would have made if working hourly at minimum.

Yeah, when I was a waitress I made 2.50 an hour. The income actually comes in the form of tips. The tips are the payment for the service (but the waitress has to share some with other types of servers such as the bartender, etc).
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with medium.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

It's like any service industry good customer service equals better tips. The servers have always been good, but the food is so institutional and dried out wings
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    <---Former Hooter's Girl

It's a job. You wear short shorts, and tights, and a pushup bra, with a tight t-shirt. Other than that, you're waiting tables just like ANY other restaurant. It's a "family" restaurant...people bring their kids and wives. Not a big deal...and certainly nothing like working in strip club...or even a night club.

Do they "give away boobs"? Not while I was there (but that was 20 years ago)...but I didn't need any. Do the girls compete? Sure they do....just like the catty ones will anywhere else on the planet. Personally, I found MOST of the girls to be quite intelligent, and most were working their way through college. Were there some complete airheads? You bet. The rest of us loved it because we'd make more money because the airheads were too stupid to keep their tables happy.

Is it sexist? Yep. Sex sells....but you smart folks know that already. :drinker:
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    last I knew, I think waitresses made like 2.50/hr not including their tips. they depend on regulars. that's why they are so saccharine to everyone.

uniforms definitely run small. I have seen a few large uniforms but it was VERY few and far between. even larges ran smaaaaaaall tho. uniforms and what they sell on the floor are different.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not judging anyone, either, I have a family member that worked there. And I only mentioned exotic dancing because I have another family member that did that. Those ladies were family, but they were also my best friends!