Hooters Girl?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    <---Former Hooter's Girl

It's a job. You wear short shorts, and tights, and a pushup bra, with a tight t-shirt. Other than that, you're waiting tables just like ANY other restaurant. It's a "family" restaurant...people bring their kids and wives. Not a big deal...and certainly nothing like working in strip club...or even a night club.

Do they "give away boobs"? Not while I was there (but that was 20 years ago)...but I didn't need any. Do the girls compete? Sure they do....just like the catty ones will anywhere else on the planet. Personally, I found MOST of the girls to be quite intelligent, and most were working their way through college. Were there some complete airheads? You bet. The rest of us loved it because we'd make more money because the airheads were too stupid to keep their tables happy.

Is it sexist? Yep. Sex sells....but you smart folks know that already. :drinker:

by compete, I meant for the Hawaiian Tropics bikini competitions and ones like those that they promote their girls competing in, as well as the annual calendars.
  • SweetCrumb
    SweetCrumb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's a "family" restaurant...people bring their kids and wives.

I don't think when I have them I'd take my kids to hooters. "Come on kids! Let's all go to hooters for dinner!!" hahaha
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The OP is young and cute heck if I could do it I would lol...I think you should go grab some lunch there and get a feel for the type of girl they hire size wise and then apply when your comfortable...Im sure they do discriminate Ive never in my life seen an overweight hooters girl. Just make sure the stress of looking a certain way for the job doesn't get to you too much...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I don't think when I have them I'd take my kids to hooters. "Come on kids! Let's all go to hooters for dinner!!" hahaha

:laugh:
    Options

my kids have both been. Heck, my daughter has even been to Twin Peaks... I think they'll turn out just fine. *shrugs*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

my kids have both been. Heck, my daughter has even been to Twin Peaks... I think they'll turn out just fine. *shrugs*

Yeah, it's fine. Nothing wrong with breasts.

I wouldn't take my kids, but I just wouldn't go. It's just not my scene and I don't eat that kind of food. I mean, I would go, if friends wanted to go. I've just never had any friends that wanted to go.
    Options

Yeah, it's fine. Nothing wrong with breasts.

I wouldn't take my kids, but I just wouldn't go. It's just not my scene and I don't eat that kind of food.

I didn't take them, but I'm not opposed to them having gone.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I AGREE! We went to Hooters hoping to see just that... hooters. Well sadly all the girls that worked there had none :( and the food sucked. Buffalo Wild Wings is way better. Way to take the "HOOT" out of Hooters :grumble:
  • snagy1
    snagy1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks to some of you that are actually being nice. And yea it is my goal. Its not my only goal, but it's my motivation. To those being rude and stereotyping me...I do have a great job right now working with alzheimers and dementia residents as a lead care giver while going to school. Applying to law school in a couple years. So to those judging keep it up....im just smiling ;-) Hooters would bea side job.
    Options
    Thanks to some of you that are actually being nice. And yea it is my goal. Its not my only goal, but it's my motivation. To those being rude and stereotyping me...I do have a great job right now working with alzheimers and dementia residents as a lead care giver while going to school. Applying to law school in a couple years. So to those judging keep it up....im just smiling ;-) Hooters would bea side job.

that job sounds amazing! Life's too short not to do what makes us happy, so best of luck, beautiful!!
  • snagy1
    snagy1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The OP is young and cute heck if I could do it I would lol...I think you should go grab some lunch there and get a feel for the type of girl they hire size wise and then apply when your comfortable...Im sure they do discriminate Ive never in my life seen an overweight hooters girl. Just make sure the stress of looking a certain way for the job doesn't get to you too much...

Awww thank ya! And yea I will try not to stress too much. Ive never been in shape and since ive decided this jobs what I wont....the weights coming off I work out anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a day now and walk 5 miles on top of that. :-D
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    More power to you, but I don't think I could work there. I've been in there before and had the manager approach me about working there, but I feel like I'd probably end up punching a dude in the face and feeling degraded after every shift. Most of the girls I have seen there have been pretty small, but oddly, their boobs were not, for the most part, that large at all. I found that amusingly ironic. Anyways, good luck! Just know that I have heard that they can be brutally honest in judging potential waitresses based upon their looks and body types. So make sure you have a thick skin about it.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've seen Hooters girls of all sizes. They can't "legally" discriminate in that way and certainly cannot dictate what size you have to be...although they've gotten in trouble for it.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    You just have to fit in the uniform which only comes in XS and S...
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    More power to you, but I don't think I could work there. I've been in there before and had the manager approach me about working there, but I feel like I'd probably end up punching a dude in the face and feeling degraded after every shift. Most of the girls I have seen there have been pretty small, but oddly, their boobs were not, for the most part, that large at all. I found that amusingly ironic. Anyways, good luck! Just know that I have heard that they can be brutally honest in judging potential waitresses based upon their looks and body types. So make sure you have a thick skin about it.
    hahaha that's hilarious! I'd probably do the same thing with punching a dude out. I've had the same experiences with seeing a lot of smaller chested people work there. i guess they don't say you have to have big ones...you just have to have them. lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Nah imagine how sweet it would be seeing grandma serving you wings and a plus for the mature lovers

Men of all ages, even 80+, would rather look at a 25 year old. Just sayin'.
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options

I've taken my kids there. Out shopping for the afternoon and needed some good food and drinks for lunch. There was actually quite a few kids there that day. And have you seen the show they put on for a 13 year old boys birthday? Priceless!!
  • lanajaymurphy
    Options
    Personality>Size.
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    Good for you wanting to be all sexy! My cousins wife works at Hooters, she's a size 8. But keep in mind she's 5' 11". If your on the shorter side - I'd say size 4-6?
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    love their naked wings!! I've seen a variety of sizes not all skinny minnies and that goes for the boob size too...some actually had some booties on them so I agree with most in that as long as the uniform looks good. I knew a couple of Hooters gals and they were great and smart. Their wings were good and just because I was at a table full of dudes they didnt' treat me any different, still nice to me and whatnot.

OP: Good luck! and eat some wings for me! yummmmm

on another note, i'd love to see a restaurant were there were just male waiters that wore tight shorts and the restaurant could be called c0c*s...Their shirts would have a rooster on it. It would be fun and they'd be known for their awesome sausages.