Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkovtrqqjN1qzn4nho1_r1_250.gif

I think we all needed to see this again.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkovtrqqjN1qzn4nho1_r1_250.gif

I think we all needed to see this again.

Thanks! I missed that one the first time round.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

This.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If you like PB, try PB2 it comes in choclate flavor too! Its all natural and taste just like the real thing but is only 45 calories a serving (2tbsp)
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I vote for donating it. Expect for people wanting you to fail. Don't expect others to give up not having certain foods around just because you aren't eating them. Temptation will be everywhere you'll need to learn how to make due.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Stop living in someone else's house.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

Judging from this thread 80% of this community has a terrible relationship with food!!!!!!!

I can't believe someone is so upset over peanut butter.

first world problems!
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Piss in it! Put dish soap in it! Put coconut oil in it and super glue it! Hell, why not eat all of it and then take a crap in the jar?

Some of you are seriously ****ing mental about food.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I vote for donating it. Expect for people wanting you to fail. Don't expect others to give up not having certain foods around just because you aren't eating them. Temptation will be everywhere you'll need to learn how to make due.

So how does donating something paid for with someone else's money teach her to deal with temptation?
    Wha if she were working in an office environment and someone left some tempting cookies in the break room? Is it ok to donate or throw those away?
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    She even mentioned that it was gross that I ate it by the spoonful, and proceeded to state that she "HATES peanut butter".
    Go ahead. Get a big spoonful and enjoy it... slowly... in front of her... every day. Make sure you smack your lips a lot and moan with pleasure. And... don't forget to thank her.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Piss in it! Put dish soap in it! Put coconut oil in it and super glue it! Hell, why not eat all of it and then take a crap in the jar?

It's a trigger food. I don't know why there are so many claims of orthorexia in this thread. She's the only one in the house that eats it and it is the only food she can't control herself with. She never said she would never eat it again or that it was the devil of foods but that she lacks self control around it.

I know how she feels. I rarely bake cookies anymore because my self control is crappy around my favorite ones (oatmeal scotchies). Instead of forcing myself to endure unnecessary willpower issues, I simply don't add them into the equation most of the time.

Will I never eat those cookies again? Heck no! I love them and I'll indulge in them from time to time, just like I do with fast food, alcohol and everything else I love but I'm not going to needlessly torture myself over something that's hard for me to control.

It's common sense not being mental about food.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

It's a trigger food. I don't know why there are so many claims of orthorexia in this thread. She's the only one in the house that eats it and it is the only food she can't control herself with. She never said she would never eat it again or that it was the devil of foods but that she lacks self control around it.

I know how she feels. I rarely bake cookies anymore because my self control is crappy around my favorite ones (oatmeal scotchies). Instead of forcing myself to endure unnecessary willpower issues, I simply don't add them into the equation most of the time.

Will I never eat those cookies again? Heck no! I love them and I'll indulge in them from time to time, just like I do with fast food, alcohol and everything else I love but I'm not going to needlessly torture myself over something that's hard for me to control.

I'm pretty sure the poster was referring to the suggestions in this thread and not the OP.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Yeah, tell that girl to get out from under your roof! Oh...wait...you live with your parents and have to share space which means you likely need to share food too. MOVE OUT NOW!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Judging from this thread 80% of this community has a terrible relationship with food!!!!!!!

first world problems!

Yeah seriously... but the thing that bugs me are all of the truly immature suggestions offered up for dealing with this situation. The only true answer is to repress your compulsion to eat the damn peanut butter.

Any and every other action, including donating the peanut butter to a food bank, is going to lead to an unneccessary argument over peanut butter.

Yeesh!!!
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Eating a tablespoon or two of peanut butter does not qualify as a "trigger food".

I was referring to the folks telling her to piss and put dish soap and salt in the peanut butter.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons why I'm happy to be an only child...
  • brower47
    Options

I'm pretty sure the poster was referring to the suggestions in this thread and not the OP.

Agreed and understood. I was one person that suggested adding baking powder to it. People suggesting making it uneatable (something that will only affect the OP since she's the only one that would ever eat it) is removing that trigger food from the equation. It was advised in an attempt to keep her sister from ruining her weight loss progress, not because anyone hates peanut butter.
  • kandyice1
    kandyice1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

first world problems!

Yeah seriously... but the thing that bugs me are all of the truly immature suggestions offered up for dealing with this situation. The only true answer is to repress your compulsion to eat the damn peanut butter.

Any and every other action, including donating the peanut butter to a food bank, is going to lead to an unneccessary argument over peanut butter.

Yeesh!!!

Glad to see some folks in this thread are talking with some common sense.
  • brower47
    Options

Eating a tablespoon or two of peanut butter does not qualify as a "trigger food".

I was referring to the folks telling her to piss and put dish soap and salt in the peanut butter.

Part of her original post:
    About a week ago, I realized how much of a trigger food peanut butter is for me. I can't eat it in moderation, and it was causing me to eat wayyy more than I should have been. So, knowing that I'm the only one in my household who even likes peanut butter, I decided it was my choice whether or not it would be kept in the house.

A tablespoon or two would be moderation which she clearly says she's incapable of accomplishing. Making it uneatable would solve her inability to moderate her intake of this food.
  • anvacarz_again
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why she bought it. The point is she did buy it. It's HER peanut butter. Just keep reminding yourself of that fact. It's not your food or family food. It's her personal jar so it's off limits. You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.

Agree! She didn't buy it FOR you. You stated you didn't want to eat it, so don't.