Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

727210 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love the salt idea. put it in there so you won't eat it. She won't eat it anyway. She won't even know how you are resisting it. Another idea: I once read a story about a woman who used visualising to resist tempting foods. She would visualize the food with mold on it. Once that is in your head about the peanut butter, you won't like it. Try it, it works better than you might think.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    peanut butter in her face when she sleeps :D
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You really expect everyone in the household to accommodate you because you have no self control?
    Hmmm. That's not selfish. At all.

Eat the freaking peanut butter or don't.

It's not the end of the world.
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options
    Just throw it in the trash, or at her head :laugh:

I don't get the whole peanut butter thing. Peanuts and beer yes, peanut butter? NO!
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    honestly.. ask her to keep it in her bedroom. i'm not even kidding. My husband has his own cabinet, which at times i have had to CONVINCE myself NOT to open. i know its full of the good stuff, but if i dont open it, i dont know whats in there and i dont want it.... i have another cabinet where the normal healthy foods are, same thing with the fridge, all the crap food is in the back or in the drawers so they arent the first thing i see. if she says no, throw that effing peanut butter into her bedroom every time you look at it and want some. just pick it up, open that btches door and huck it onto her bed, walk away and there you go, you cant GO IN HER ROOM cuz thats rude you know? win.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

Basically this.
  • NoRegrets_13
    Options
    simple, just dont eat it. It's not like she's putting a gun to your head or anything LOL
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    umm...i'm not going to mention any names, but the advice on this thread seems kinda..... awful hahahaha

put salt in it? sabotage her? and then you have the other of you who are just kicking the OP while shes down and telling her to STFU and not eat peanut butter.

Did we all forget how to be constructive and supportive?

causing a sister world war III over peanut butter probably isnt the best idea.... but if thats the angle we are going with... freeze the peanut butter in the freezer.... because you have to CONSCIOUSLY take it out of the freezer, and let it thaw to eat it. too much effort. no? or you could tell your sister she lookin fat and that peanut butter making her muffin look like its fresh outta the oven.

i got more if you need em ladies hahaha my sister is 115 pounds and 5'8'' and before i had my little girl i was the same, nothing like fat jokes at a skinny girl in the kitchen. we got creative back in the day.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Really?
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I read once that the FDA allows a certain amount of bug parts in peanut butter (and a lot of other food for that matter). So if I think about that long enough it turns me away from consuming half the jar. But usually I just eat it anyways. Hahaha. I know it sucks ro have it in front of your face but you gotta be bigger than the craving. I live 20 seconds away from a plaza that has Mcdonalds, Wendys, KFC, Subway, Texas Roadhouse and Tim Hortons. That doesn't mean I have to go there everyday.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes-it was mean and spiteful, even a little passive-agressive but you can change it into a positive because of what it represents to you. Face it-you are going to encounter your triggers in everyday life in situations where you don't have control of it. The sight and smells of all those things will bombard you and challenge you daily. Tell yourself: "This peanut butter IS NOT MINE-I can't have it until I feel strong enough to control my consumption. Your sister may have had other intentions for putting it there but be the better, stronger person that you need to be for yourself. Good luck. :smile:
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why she bought it. The point is she did buy it. It's HER peanut butter. Just keep reminding yourself of that fact. It's not your food or family food. It's her personal jar so it's off limits. You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.

This. This this this this this.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

Basically this.

Because that's not childish at all.

Some of the people in this thread. Damn.
  • laughingdani
    Options
    I wish peanut butter sabotage was the worst thing going on in my life right now. :indifferent:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Why are people getting so angry over the idea of wasting food? Eating it when you don't need it is JUST as much of a waste. I grew up in a "clean your plate" family. But what's the difference whether the extra food goes in the trash or is carried around on your body?

Yeah, because I'm sure there is no other possible solution. You have to eat it or throw it away, not give it away to a food bank so a family that can't afford food can benefit from it. Nope, no other solution.

I would agree with this... IF it were the OP's peanut butter. But it's not... it's her sisters. Doing anything with it is crossing a boundary. Granted, the sister wants her to cross that boundary, but if she does it will lead to an argument and her sister will win the power struggle. The best thing to do is just let it sit there.

YES! I keep forgetting that. You are right, UTBHusky. It belongs to her sister so she should just leave it alone in any case.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Basically this.

Sure, this would be a logical course of action....if you're like 10 years old.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    She slept with your husband? No she just got you peanut butter. Oh...:ohwell:
  • laughingdani
    Options

If she ate peanut butter off of her sister's husband.....THEN maybe it might be thread-worthy.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Your sister's peanut butter you say? Why yes, you must spray it with windex and throw it away because you are completely entitled to touch other people's stuff.

tumblr_lnihd1uiFH1qzzpmqo1_500.gif