Could not believe what my sister did...

Options
I really just need to get this off of my chest...

About a week ago, I realized how much of a trigger food peanut butter is for me. I can't eat it in moderation, and it was causing me to eat wayyy more than I should have been. So, knowing that I'm the only one in my household who even likes peanut butter, I decided it was my choice whether or not it would be kept in the house.

So I told my sister about how I was going to give it up, and she agreed. She even mentioned that it was gross that I ate it by the spoonful, and proceeded to state that she "HATES peanut butter".

And here's what troubles me....approximately 4 days of being peanut butter free, I opened a cabinet to find a brand spanking new jar of it. When I questioned everyone why there was peanut butter in the house, my sister told me that "I don't control what everyone else eats" and that she really likes peanut butter and "I can't take it away".

I can't believe she would intentionally stock the house with my ONE and ONLY trigger food. I mean...really? She's never been supportive of my lifestyle, and it just feels like she really wants me to fail:frown:

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Maybe it wasn't intensional
    PB is most definitely a food that I stay away from while in a deficit because 1 serving is never enough, and hardly worth the 4TBSP that would take to satisfy me
  • direjohnson
    direjohnson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    she's probably jelly (no pun intended lol) of your body and trying to sabotage you. it's a dog eat dog world brah
  • chocolate_totoro
    chocolate_totoro Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD. I am the same way with peanut butter!! lol
    But yes, I can see how it's incredibly frustrating to have someone do that to you.. to intentionally set you up for failure like that... smh
    Of course, the best thing you can do is prove to her how much of a strong-willed person you are. Completely unshakable!
    As Frank Sinatra once said, the best revenge is massive success (:
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    It's just super annoying that I know for a fact she doesn't like it, and probably won't eat it. I don't plan on eating it, but knowing it's there is just taunting me:(
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it! Attach a label that says "Poop" on it. Anything to make you not want it.

My husband got Outback today and I found a meal within my calorie budget. He's aware of my new lifestyle and supports it. However, I wasn't there when he ordered and when asked if he'd like it add something to my mashed potatoes, he decided cheddar cheese and bacon was the way to go.

Was I mad? No. I still find it funny he thought that somehow cheese and bacon was something I needed.

Anyway, the point is it wasn't intentional and didn't ruin my day/week.

As for your sister, she may or may not be testing you for the fun of it. But screw her. Pass up the peanut butter. It's not a big deal.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Man, that's super catty. People get off on being saboteurs, I think, so we have to just get past their pettiness. She is probably jealous that you're actually succeeding at this, since most of us fail repeatedly. It sucks that you live with a tempter, though. Ugh!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Anytime my brother did something to make me angry I'd attack him, humiliate him, frame him for something, etc.

Do something immature that causes her stress, dissatisfaction, depression, etc.

Glad I could help.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    If the jar isn't opened in a couple of days throw it in the bin! I would be pissed off myself especially if they had said previously that they hated it. I love it, but can control myself. Nutella on the other hand is my weakness. I allow my kids to have it in school holidays and just try not to go near it. So. Hard......
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Some people will stab you in the back, not because they don't like you, but because they just like stabbing.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why she bought it. The point is she did buy it. It's HER peanut butter. Just keep reminding yourself of that fact. It's not your food or family food. It's her personal jar so it's off limits. You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why she bought it. The point is she did buy it. It's HER peanut butter. Just keep reminding yourself of that fact. It's not your food or family food. It's her personal jar so it's off limits. You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.

This is good. Yup it's hers off limit to you
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    She's mean oh well. Would start mentioning other trigger foods then. Like sauerkraut, okra, cabbage, and other things she probably hates as well, she how much of the stuff she buys.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    She's mean oh well. Would start mentioning other trigger foods then. Like sauerkraut, okra, cabbage, and other things she probably hates as well, she how much of the stuff she buys.

:laugh:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You have two pounds to go and this is really an issue? 2 pounds is almost zero right?! Any chance you and your sister have had similar problems before and they weren't to do with weight?
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.

Oh and I bet you're just perfect! A bit rude - we all have trigger foods, PB is hers.
  • NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Maybe she felt more comfortable with voicing her support to you, but isn't ready to give up her access PB! How long did it take for you or I to get to that point? Don't give her the satisfaction of knowing that it bothers you. As someone else said, it isn't yours anymore.
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    You can do this!! Don't give her the satisfaction that it even mattered to you. I have the same vice how can people no like peanut butter we keep in the house for our children but I have one scoop a week.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wrap the bottle up in duct tape. You know the kind that just won't budge :)