Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.

Oh and I bet you're just perfect! A bit rude - we all have trigger foods, PB is hers.

I have no idea what a "trigger food" is. I do however know what self control is :flowerforyou:
  • OhShesaPistol
    OhShesaPistol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I too see the frustration in that. She's your sister for god's sake! I love PB. BUT I've been using PB2 which is a lot better than the 190 cals in 2tbs! It's not to bad either! I would take the peanut butter and freaking throw it at her. She's jealous of you! AND wants you to fail, which is horrible..
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...wait til you're out in the real world living with a spouse/partner who brings any and everything into the house. SELF CONTROL.

ETA: I agree with the others: don't waste it or throw it away. Give it away.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's defintiely an attempt to sabotage you, but I'd let her know how much you appreciate her getting that brand new jar and how sorry you are that you double dipped the knife/spoon in there after licking it off after the first few scoops:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Get a huge roll of masking tape and put HER name on it.... Then remind yourself it isn't yours to eat. We assigned a cabinet for the kids food. I don't touch their snacks and they don't eat mine.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a spoonful of peanut butter to get that big hit of fat macros in :)
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You should never have ripped the headoff her favorite Barbie doll back when you were in pre-school. It sure sounds like she is trying to sabatoge you. Don't let the B-word win. Leave the peanut butter there untouched by you and don't say a word about it. That will strengthen your self-control and piss her off more than anything else you could do.
  • Pebbles91909
    Options
    Donate it to a food pantry or give it to a neighbor.

Best idea. I was thinking the very same thing.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Okay so go dump all the peanut butter out, spray pain the inside of the jar brown and put it back in the cupboard. This way when she keeps checking to see if it's still there, it is and she doesn't buy more.

Better yet. Just don't eat it, and actually fix whatever the hell it was that has you and your sister at each other like this.

I think Beach said it best!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahannegroom
    sarahannegroom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Open it and put something revolting in it that isn't visable to her, you'll know its contaminated, but she won't. If she eats it, serves her right!

Thinking maybe to mix it with a bit of fish oil or something. Knowing its in there will make it a no go for you.

If she doesn't like it and has no intention of eating it she won't ever know what you've done.

Love sibling rivalry, I used to clean toilet with my older sister's toothbrush when she was mean to me.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Look at it from a positive perspective.
    You must feel great seeing the PB in front of you and not eating it! Every time you open the cupboard and see it, you should be reminded of how far you've come and give yourself a pat on the back for not indulging.
    You need to get used to seeing your trigger foods if you want them to no longer become trigger foods.
    I don't believe people are saboteurs. But if it's what you truly believe, then you must get an extra bit of confidence knowing that while she may be trying to 'sabotage' you, she isn't going to be successful.

Good advice.
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

Tell her the little Peanut Butter Troll comes through at night and must be chucking it.....SHADY!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ah... sisters.

You know sibling rivalry doesn't always end in childhood. Don't take it personally. Show her that you are above it and don't eat it. When it sits there collecting dust (because she won't eat it either), she'll feel a bit like an *kitten*. And you will gain something very powerful from the experience... real will-power.

Learn to control your compulsions and then you can eat whatever you want... even peanut butter.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

*edited to add - You also want to let it sit there for another very important reason. To show your sister that she does not have power over you! That should be motivation enough to pass by the peanut butter when looking around in the pantry. Throwing it away or giving it away would be a mistake because it is her peanut butter and it would be violating a boundary which is sure to turn into an argument. She thinks you don't have will power... show her that you do!
  • mathlovingrunner
    mathlovingrunner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1) Over eating is wasting the food just the same as throwing it away. If you have to throw it away to prevent yourself from over eating then do it. It is the better of the two choices.

2) You know your sister better than anyone else here. Trust your gut. You know if she was being insensitive or sabotaging you. Take time to think about her actions before you react and when you do react do so in a respectful way. She is your sister and you love her but that doesn't mean that you can't stand up for yourself.

3) Your reaction to trigger foods is a valid one. Not everyone has this reaction and some people are just to narrow minded to understand that someone is different than them. Don't listen to the people that say "So what don't eat it. No big deal." It is a big deal for you and that is what counts. Your feelings and needs are valid even if they are not understood or validated by everyone around you.
  • mathlovingrunner
    mathlovingrunner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LOL...love the comment about the doll's head!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Diaper, Decoy, Donate, DanceDance, D!ck Move:

Diaper: Once I went to a baby shower where candy bars were mushed into diapers and you had to guess what kind it was. You were allowed to taste but to me that was gross and cheating. Smear peanut butter on a diaper ONE TIME and I guarantee it will be less appealing. If you don't have diapers or babies in the house, smear it on your sisters panties. Diaper-Baby-Shower-Game.jpg

Decoy: Spoon out all but a thin layer of the peanut butter so it looks full. Then superglue the lid back on and coat it with coconut oil. If she ever wants to actually eat something she claimed to "hate" good luck getting past the oil, then the superglue, then by the time she reaches the empty jar she'll be postal. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL2n4cN6XtRNgt62Nhe22cpNHqntA6hliiKUeshFPKXb6IFUWC

Donate: I was gonna say throw it away but I like Nikilis and don't want to give him an eye twitch, so when you spoon out all the peanut butter, make sandwiches. Use it all up. Then go to a local food shelter, or church and donate all the sandwiches. I once saw a kid on "secret millionaire" prepare and hand out peanut butter sandwiches at his local park where all the homeless people hung out. I worried for his safety but his mom and the camera crew were with him, but I see no reason why you couldn't take them to a food donating serving place. (uh, oh you can tell I'm not familiar with this kind of charitable thing, lingo's all wrong). Anyway, it will be fun will probably only cost you ONE time of accidentally eating peanut butter while making the sandwiches and then the jar sitting in the back of the cabinet appearing full will probably be ignored by her if she actually "hates" it. (the whole process might help you get out of your problems a little bit too.)images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHkr60NtePN8nXXUB4__7XTlWwj_BH4h01RSxkxj1C6_j6ytELRwimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQppRySd7kSJVoEc6NAYH-e1pixgrTVWl7wCTfZo2CCVnSsDvXNJw

DanceDance: Invite your friends, cousins, neighbors, team, classmates, or even HER friends over for a dance party and these are the appetizers and party favors. Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Hot-Chocolate-Spoons-1046.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9iZ98V-_Db1uMdsfD4RM6vaAAgIeq6mwjpGUz7Wtp2H4tLuDn

D!ck Move: Fit it into your macros. Like a serving spoon sized amount everyday! Not the tablespoon, the big spoon! And make sure to eat it when she's home.

Skippy® - Creamy Peanut Butter, 3 Tbsp Calories 285 Fat 24 Protein 11 Carbs 11 Iron 6
    Even if you ate at the lowest suggested MFP levels which for your height and age should probably be quite a bit more, this would leave you with around 900 calories for the other 2 meals of the day. Just call it breakfast, or lunch, or whatever time you ate it. And everytime she finds you on the couch all "thanks sis!" l_101171984.jpg day after day after day, she'll be seething. (just make sure you measure what size your big spoon actually fits so you know how many cals you're actually getting. But yeah the big spoon for dramatic effect. And when you are still hitting your weight loss/maintenance/fitness goals it will crush her.)

p.s. I had a jealous sister too, and one time came home from shopping with the whole family in the car to see my training bra hanging in the big picture window of our living room where the christmas tree usually gets displayed. she nearly wet her pants laughing in the back seat while I nearly wet my shirt crying in the front. sisterness can be brutal. we are grown ups now and are friends. barely. for the sake of our kids mostly, who are of course cousins and LOVE each other. most recently she posted the fattest picture of me she could find on facebook at the end of a long swimming day with my hair a mess and overly tanned/burnt eating/making s'mores with the kids. when she could have just as easily posted a pretty face shot from a wedding we'd recently attended with full hair and make up and a flattering low neckline dress. *smh*.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb3n4rQaK0o8q9sROgcn9JCb-fVzEpTcRHxynwJAQUDFJEstQ1
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Considering she doesn't eat it, that's really mean of her. I mean, obviously it's up to you to have the willpower, and it sounds like you're staying strong. But seriously, how nasty of her.
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Since she loves it so much, smear it all over her pillow then replace the pillow case :laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    OP, this is just one of the first of many food temptations you're going to have to face in your life. You will have a roommate or roommates, then a partner/husband and possibly kids who want goodies and aren't willing to give them up just because you have issues with them. My husband loves chocolate chip cookies and the butteriest popcorn you can get your hands on. And I pick them up for him on a regular basis when I grocery shop. They're his treats and I keep my hands off. I have my own treats and am perfectly happy.

Don't let food or other people control you. This may be easier said than done but it's something you have to come to terms with and learn.

Your sister wants to get a rise out of you and you're letting her. Be the bigger person and get over it. As much as I like the food donation idea, just leave it in the cupboard because if she's that vindictive about it, she'll just buy another jar. Instead of thinking of it as a temptation, think of it as a test that you REFUSE to fail. She wants to tempt you but you won't let her. If you eat it or even try to get rid of it, she wins.

When I announced that I was going to join WW a few years ago, my brother rolled his eyes and said "here we go again". I was hoping for a positive supportive response but he decided to be a jerk and remind me of all my past dieting failures. I ignored him because I knew he wanted a reaction but deep down I was steaming! Instead of having a pity party and just being angry, I used to keep me going whenever I felt like giving up. There was NO WAY I was going to let him be right! Revenge isn't always the best way but it can be a hell of a motivator!
  • QUBYRU
    QUBYRU Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please tell your sister "Thank You" for giving us fodder for such an entertaining thread. Then go out and purchase your very own jar of your favorite peanut butter, label it clearly with your name, and then whether you eat it or not, it will be your decision. You are in control. Enjoy the Journey!