Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OK that's a little messed up on her part so here is your daily challenge....stay away from it if you do hit it it's OK just take it one day at a time. I bet you will find that one spoonful a day may be all you need and also record it. You will be fine because you need to be the bigger, oh wait, well you know what I mean!

You got this!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Just sprinkle some poison on the top of the peanut butter and put it back in the cabinet.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If she really does hate the stuff and genuinely bought it to see if you would cave then I would open that jar of peanut butter, scoop out the entire contents into the bin and then put the empty jar back in the cupboard. If/when she sees the empty jar and asks about it tell her you caved in. Her reaction will be your answer and will give the will power to say no if she buys another one.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I can understand why you're upset OP but think of it as training for the real world. There's always going to be cookies, or birthday cake, or dinner out. The best strategy for the long term is to learn how to eat the foods you enjoy in moderation. Failing that, the best strategy is to be able to turn down foods that you know you won't eat in moderation. It sucks that it's in your kitchen, but since it is you might as well get some good from it being there.

I don't think you should throw it out or donate it if it wasn't bought with your money.

I agree, and unless you have some sort of ED, I think "trigger food" is a bit dramatic. With only 2 pounds to goal, I suspect you don't have such an issue.

Not sure what's going on with the sister, but only YOU can decide how to react. You can lose it and scarf down the peanut butter (which you won't do). You can run and tell Mom because I suspect that's the true dynamic here between you & your sister. Or you could ignore the peanut butter. If other people in the family like it, you need to deal with it. Both you and your sister need to grow up (she with the aggravation and you with the hysterics).

ZyWyyCF.gif
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.
    This.
  • itstartswithastep
    Options
    I know totally how you feel! Throwing it away is a bad idea to be honest, I feel like your sister has found a weakness of yours and is playing on it waiting for you to crack. Just take it to work or whatever and give it to a colleague/friend and say it was two for one or something :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    She's mean oh well. Would start mentioning other trigger foods then. Like sauerkraut, okra, cabbage, and other things she probably hates as well, she how much of the stuff she buys.

:laugh:

I agree with some of the previous posts - SHE bought it with HER money... wouldn't you feel guilty eating it when it is HERS? I try and use this logic so I don't eat/drink my housemates junk food if it can be helped. :smile:
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You know what....take it as a challenge......let the peanut butter be in front of your eyes....it will help your controlling power....and In case if you are heavy lifting in gym....then I don't c why you cannot eat that peanut butter and still look like a goddess.....:flowerforyou:
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

When y'all get a little older, her actions will haunt her. In the meantime, you be as nice to her as you can possibly be. Then maybe she will learn what a true sister is all about.

^^^ Don't bank on it!!! I found out yesterday that my father has been in hospital for two weeks and my sister hadn't bothered to tell me. She lives two minutes from him and I live two hours drive away. This is the latest in a long list of spiteful things she has done. I am 53 and she is 51 so age is no guarantee of maturity!!!
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

Remove it from the house if no one else in the house wants it or likes it, but don't waste it by throwing it away. Donate it to a local food bank.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

I would do exactly this.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Empty half the jar out into the bin. Next day do the same.

You can honestly say you didn't eat it and your sister will be reluctant to spend more money tormenting you if she thinks it's not working.

I'd bin the lot in one go and say the jar smashed when I was moving things around.

Do what you have to do to be healthy!

:flowerforyou:
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Open the jar, put a bug in it, close it, open it again in her presence and say, 'Oh no, look at this,it's disgusting,, I'll have to bin it!'
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Empty half the jar out into the bin. Next day do the same.

You can honestly say you didn't eat it and your sister will be reluctant to spend more money tormenting you if she thinks it's not working.

I'd bin the lot in one go and say the jar smashed when I was moving things around.

Do what you have to do to be healthy!

:flowerforyou:

And this is healthy how?
  • AbsyPernet
    AbsyPernet Posts: 145
    Options
    Competition between siblings are tough, you love them but you want to "kill" them as well, I know :D Just be strong and focus, deep breath and walk away. Peanut butter is also my weakness, I do have them in the cupboard, and I eat them in moderation. YOU can do this!!! :)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Remove it from the house if no one else in the house wants it or likes it, but don't waste it by throwing it away. Donate it to a local food bank.

you know whos a boss? ^^^^^^ this guy.
  • ruizv17
    ruizv17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just stick it in the back of the cabinet behind healthy snacks if its that tempting. If you don't start eating it you can't overeat it. Or ration out your servings- don't eat out of the jar.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.

Oh and I bet you're just perfect! A bit rude - we all have trigger foods, PB is hers.

Yeah why are people being rude?

If I were you, I know its hard, but don't eat it... it will make her so angry haha ;)
    She's clearly sabotaging you, but don't let her!

Now you have awesome motivation to not eat your one and only trigger food yay !
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That'd be mean if she did it intentionally. Actually, it's mean the way she reacted when she knows your weakness and what you're trying to achieve. But peanut butter in the house or not, you can do it, you can say no to it.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    lable it with her name, then you know its not yours to eat ...

or hide it at the bottom of the fridge in with something else so that its out of sight, wait till she buys another then show her both unopened jars :)