Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Look at it from a positive perspective.
    You must feel great seeing the PB in front of you and not eating it! Every time you open the cupboard and see it, you should be reminded of how far you've come and give yourself a pat on the back for not indulging.
    You need to get used to seeing your trigger foods if you want them to no longer become trigger foods.
    I don't believe people are saboteurs. But if it's what you truly believe, then you must get an extra bit of confidence knowing that while she may be trying to 'sabotage' you, she isn't going to be successful.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people are being like "Just don't eat it", but that is so much easier said than done. I love peanut butter too, and eat it all the time, but I eat the natural kind not the one full of hydrogenated this and that. Anyways, it really irks me when my family members CONSTANTLY bring home hundreds of cakes, cookies, this and that and then I just have to look at them as I eat my apple. Not to say I don't let myself have some as a treat, but it's hard to make most snacks healthy when I could easily just grab a piece of cake when it's there.

Ask your sister to keep the peanut butter in her room. I've asked some of my family members to put things like their candy stashes or chips into their rooms/ at the back of the fridge so I don't see them. I can avoid foods that I know i'd probably eat in excess if it's out of sight.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I would mix in some laxative in it and then make her a pb sandwich :devil:
    See if she buys it again.
    Also, you won't eat it as you know what's in it lol
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Wrap the bottle up in duct tape. You know the kind that just won't budge :)

or use super glue...lol
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sweety, i know the issue has absolutely nothing to do with peanut butter, or trigger foods, or self control. You confided in your sister something that was very important to you. Sisters are suppose to have your back...instead she stabs you in the back.

When y'all get a little older, her actions will haunt her. In the meantime, you be as nice to her as you can possibly be. Then maybe she will learn what a true sister is all about.
    Quoting because I think this is the real issue and it got lost in the PB kerfuffle.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Take it as a challenge, maybe she's challenging you.
    Don't fall for it! Ignore it.
    Resist.

:flowerforyou:
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Go up to her and confront her. I had a similar situation with someone. Tell her to stop trying to sabotage you. People like that are bitter and sad and keep going and trying until they break you. Stay strong! :wink:
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the issue is here. Part of changing your lifestyle or dieting is regaining control and part of that is learning restraint.

This. My mil dropped off a dozen Krispy Creme donuts to my house last night, which used to mean I'd immediately eat 3 of them, because they were one of my 'trigger' foods. However, I've learned that I don't need them and they do not have any power over me anymore. I didn't eat any of them and this morning I threw the leftover ones out, that my family didn't eat. I have more strength than a craving, a trigger food, a habit. I am in control, not food.

At some point you've got to take control and not let certain kinds of food rule you. Otherwise you won't be able to do this successfully long term.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Okay so go dump all the peanut butter out, spray pain the inside of the jar brown and put it back in the cupboard. This way when she keeps checking to see if it's still there, it is and she doesn't buy more.

Better yet. Just don't eat it, and actually fix whatever the hell it was that has you and your sister at each other like this.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    DON'T TOUCH IT! she maybe just trying to see if she can tempt u into having the peanut butter to watch u crumble as she knows how hard u have been working to lose the weight. Just remember u are a strong person and u have a lot of support
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Try PB2 , you can find it on amazon or GNC , much better for you ;)
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    Why are people getting so angry over the idea of wasting food? Eating it when you don't need it is JUST as much of a waste. I grew up in a "clean your plate" family. But what's the difference whether the extra food goes in the trash or is carried around on your body?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Tell your mom. Maybe she'll ground your sister.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why she bought it. The point is she did buy it. It's HER peanut butter. Just keep reminding yourself of that fact. It's not your food or family food. It's her personal jar so it's off limits. You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.

this is good. it's ridiculous that she would spend money on something she doesn't like, even if you hadn't discussed with her why you don't want it in the house. just tell yourself it's not yours, so you can't eat it anyway. when it's still there 6 months later unopened, she'll feel like a fool.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Why are people getting so angry over the idea of wasting food? Eating it when you don't need it is JUST as much of a waste. I grew up in a "clean your plate" family. But what's the difference whether the extra food goes in the trash or is carried around on your body?

I did too , I was told sooo many kids were starving ....so my plate had to be clean ...ugh , I have three toddlers and they eat until they are done , they let me know when they are hungry :) it is frustrating to see sooooo much food thrown away but I've started giving them smaller portions
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's just super annoying that I know for a fact she doesn't like it, and probably won't eat it. I don't plan on eating it, but knowing it's there is just taunting me:(

Maybe give it a time frame---if she hasn't opened the jar in 2 weeks, maybe throw it out? Maybe by that point, you won't even have to. Look at it as a challenge to you- you know it's a weakness, and see how long you can stay away from it :)
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    That jar of peanut butter is hers, so just treat it as off limits because of that. I don't know about you, but if something in the house was bought by someone specifically for them I don't just help myself. If she did it to try and sabotage you it's up to you whether or not to cooperate in that process.
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

^^ Agree.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it! Attach a label that says "Poop" on it. Anything to make you not want it.

^This is one of the funniest solutions I've ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm now picturing a cabinet full of containers labeled with unsavory titles including Barf, Toad Slobber, Boogers and the like. Awesome!

But anyway, to the OP, if you don't go with the Poop label, just put the peanut butter in her room with a note on it that says, Enjoy! :)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Donate it to a food pantry or give it to a neighbor.