Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Just remember this for her wedding day...jking. Seriously - just hide it. She probably will not even notice.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    mmmm.... this is a pretty minor issue, even if she's trying to bait you.

you should just ignore it otherwise it will escalate.

just don't eat the peanut butter. its that simple. weather its there or not, if you are not going to eat it, then don't.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you are sure she won't eat it put washing up liquid in the jar and put the jar back in the cupboard, that way you won't be tempted cos it will taste awful and she will see that you haven't touched it and hopefully won't bother again.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the issue is here. Part of changing your lifestyle or dieting is regaining control and part of that is learning restraint.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    she's probably jelly (no pun intended lol) of your body and trying to sabotage you. it's a dog eat dog world brah
    Truth. My sister keeps telling me to eat, knowing that I'm trying to lose weight. She also calls me skinny. She was feeling badly about herself and I don't know why. She just had a baby. She can dance--she has a lot going for her. She just needs to make time to get back on track.

Still, this wasn't as bad as my aunt who also wanted to lose weight. As soon as I let it slip that I had made some progress, she made sure to offer me some desert that I could not refuse due to hurting her feelings. Ugh.
  • nikilis
    Options
    If you are sure she won't eat it put washing up liquid in the jar and put the jar back in the cupboard, that way you won't be tempted cos it will taste awful and she will see that you haven't touched it and hopefully won't bother again.

don't do that. its a waste of food, and it could make someone in your family sick.

I really have an issue with people wasting food like that. some people don't get enough to eat, and on the flip-side, people spoil perfectly good food.

take it to the salvation army for people who need to before you ruin it for no reason.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i would toss it. and i wouldn't make an issue about it. bullies love it when you get mad at them - don't give her the satisfcation. I'm reading on your profile that you are 18, i'm assuming (i hope) that your sister is a bit younger than you because her behavior is extremely juvenile
  • nikilis
    Options
    i would toss it. and i wouldn't make an issue about it. bullies love it when you get mad at them - don't give her the satisfcation. I'm reading on your profile that you are 18, i'm assuming (i hope) that your sister is a bit younger than you because her behavior is extremely juvenile

Dont waste food!

if you have to, donate it!
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can't eat peanut butter when it's mixed with pepper spray... Kill two birds with one stone. Helps keep you away from the peanut butter and absolutely RUINS your sisters day.

Just sayin.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You have two pounds to go and this is really an issue? 2 pounds is almost zero right?! Any chance you and your sister have had similar problems before and they weren't to do with weight?

yeah. sounds petty.

I continue to be glad I grew up with boys :laugh:
  • nikilis
    Options
    You can't eat peanut butter when it's mixed with pepper spray... Kill two birds with one stone. Helps keep you away from the peanut butter and absolutely RUINS your sisters day.

Just sayin.

Dont.
    Waste.
    Food.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why she bought it. The point is she did buy it. It's HER peanut butter. Just keep reminding yourself of that fact. It's not your food or family food. It's her personal jar so it's off limits. You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.

this. it's not yours to eat, full stop.

Dont be a sucker. every time you're tempted, just think of her smug little face if you crack, and how disappointed she'll be if her catty little ploy doesn't work. soon the thought of shoving it in her face will be enough to keep you away.

do not throw the jar away. just never mention it again.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Just sayin.

Dont.
    Waste.
    Food.
    Agreed give it to the less fortunate after you throat punch your sister, karma in a twisted way hehe
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Just sayin.

Dont.
    Waste.
    Food.

*nods in agreement*
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok let me start by saying that this type of sibling rivalry is very popular, more than we think as we always expect that our families will always support when in actually fact, they are the ones that are most likely against your success.

That being said, you have no control of your sister, she will do as she please however you do have control over yourself! you know that you want to lose the weight so you have to learn to control yourself.

Unfortunately, as brutal as it sounds, you need to decide whats most important to you.....losing the weight or eating the peanut butter?
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    A lot of people here need to relax. Seriously. Especially the person saying she's glad she grew up with brothers because of the original poster's urge to lose two pounds.

Wanting to lose those two pounds is not petty at all. Two pounds on my frame makes a big difference. Two pounds is twice as much as that first pound lost that gives you that push to make a commitment to being healthier. And, those two pounds are the hardest to lose when you're approaching your goal weight.

Also, your home should be your safe zone, especially when you live in a country where unhealthy food choices are rampant. I understand the frustration of not having support from your family and having to exercise constant restraint due to their choices. Knowing full well they are trying to mess up a change in your life that's important to you and seem to not care about your health, and being mad about it--that's not petty.

Wasting food is bad, but it's not your food to control either. It's not like people waste other resources all the time. It's not like she's committing a horrible sin. Sit down with that. Try to be less condescending and more helpful, ja, those that are calling the OP juvenile.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I dont see the problem either, my dad buys PB all the time, I don't touch it, it's his... wish he would leave my skips alone though :explode:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.

Oh and I bet you're just perfect! A bit rude - we all have trigger foods, PB is hers.

We don't all have trigger foods. It's difficult for those who don't to understand those who do. For many of us it really is just a matter of not eating the peanut butter, the end.

Also (to the poster who says wasting food is okay because other people do it too), that's not the way adults should behave imo. Just because other people waste resources that doesn't mean we all should.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here need to relax. Seriously. Especially the person saying she's glad she grew up with brothers because of the original poster's urge to lose two pounds.

Wanting to lose those two pounds is not petty at all. Two pounds on my frame makes a big difference. Two pounds is twice as much as that first pound lost that gives you that push to make a commitment to being healthier. And, those two pounds are the hardest to lose when you're approaching your goal weight.

Also, your home should be your safe zone, especially when you live in a country where unhealthy food choices are rampant. I understand the frustration of not having support from your family and having to exercise constant restraint due to their choices. Knowing full well they are trying to mess up a change in your life that's important to you and seem to not care about your health, and being mad about it--that's not petty.

Wasting food is bad, but it's not your food to control either. It's not like people waste other resources all the time. It's not like she's committing a horrible sin. Sit down with that. Try to be less condescending and more helpful, ja, those that are calling the OP juvenile.

If what I said got under your skin, maybe you need to relax.

Just so you're clear, when I spoke of pettiness I was referring to the act of buying a food just to torment someone with... thereby calling her sister petty, not her.
  • Amiike
    Amiike Posts: 21
    Options
    Keep strong - don't eat it! Don't make her silly plan work!!