Sharing my motivation/views

Options
It's all about your mind set. You have to think 'do I want that cookie or do I want to see results' you need to stop seeing food as a pleasure and to see it as fueling your body. You aren't eating this diet food for it to taste good, you're eating it see results.

There's times I could just sit and so much cheese and cake but I don't because I want results, the reason I'm unhappy and turn to food is because of the way I look so just to break that is a huge step

I find exercising really helps and drinking plenty of water, I mean litres of it.

Besides after working so hard why would you want to ruin it just for a biscuit or some chocolate.

Trust me it's not worth it, the human body is capable of incredible things just push yourself

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I eat for pleasure and I still have a great body. You can fuel your body and still enjoy any food under the sun. After working hard I feel zero guilt about having some chocolate or cake. Life is too short to cut out foods you enjoy.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've had cheese/cookies/cake throughout this, and I've seen results. It's about eating less. Yes, I eat those sweets less (cheese is a staple, I won't give it up), but with portion control and ensuring I get my nutrients in first, I don't have a problem with them.
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I eat for pleasure and I still have a great body. You can fuel your body and still enjoy any food under the sun. After working hard I feel zero guilt about having some chocolate or cake. Life is too short to cut out foods you enjoy.

This. 110% and down 45 lbs :smile:
  • bethclabburn
    bethclabburn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to drop and these are my views, this is how I'm doing it, I'm enjoying and it's working for m
  • usmcmp
    Options
    It's great if it's working for you, but the way you wrote it makes it seem like it is the only way that works. It sounds like an absolute. You have to only eat for fuel and never for pleasure. For many people that's not sustainable and results in failure as well as a cycle of negative feelings for choosing to fit a cookie into their calories. We don't have to suffer to lose weight or have a great body.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It's great if it's working for you, but the way you wrote it makes it seem like it is the only way that works. It sounds like an absolute. You have to only eat for fuel and never for pleasure. For many people that's not sustainable and results in failure as well as a cycle of negative feelings for choosing to fit a cookie into their calories. We don't have to suffer to lose weight or have a great body.

So true!
  • tcharnaaronclabburn
    Options
    What ever works for you works for you. If your not mentally strong enough be strict with a diet then fair enough a cookie is ok here and there, but for people who are trying to drop weight quickly for competitions or trying to make weight for fights, the whole cheat day goes out the window. I believe that's what Beth was referring to.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    What ever works for you works for you. If your not mentally strong enough be strict with a diet then fair enough a cookie is ok here and there, but for people who are trying to drop weight quickly for competitions or trying to make weight for fights, the whole cheat day goes out the window. I believe that's what Beth was referring to.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder. I fit cookies or cake or whatever into my calorie goals. They aren't cheat days if I'm within calories and macros. That's a standard day using flexible dieting.
  • tcharnaaronclabburn
    Options
    Ok good luck with that.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Ok good luck with that.

I've had great luck with that through several bodybuilding and powerlifting competitions.
  • tcharnaaronclabburn
    Options
    What is your diet like when you cutting before a competition?
  • Orphia
    Options

I'm a competitive bodybuilder. I fit cookies or cake or whatever into my calorie goals. They aren't cheat days if I'm within calories and macros. That's a standard day using flexible dieting.

I do the same, but I'm not a bodybuilder.

I have dessert every day and haven't gone over my calorie limit once since I started in April.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's all about your mind set. You have to think 'do I want that cookie or do I want to see results' you need to stop seeing food as a pleasure and to see it as fueling your body. You aren't eating this diet food for it to taste good, you're eating it see results.

There's times I could just sit and so much cheese and cake but I don't because I want results, the reason I'm unhappy and turn to food is because of the way I look so just to break that is a huge step

I find exercising really helps and drinking plenty of water, I mean litres of it.

Besides after working so hard why would you want to ruin it just for a biscuit or some chocolate.

Trust me it's not worth it, the human body is capable of incredible things just push yourself

I think having a punish yourself mindset is wrong

When you are watching your calories it is more important that food is pleasurable not less

I don't eat things for the sake of them any more, I eat for the pleasure and satiety

I didn't lose weight on diet food ...just food

Exercise helps

Water, as long as I'm hydrated and my pee is pale I'm good

I eat chips daily ...cookies most days, ice creams daily ...doesn't ruin anything ...it's counted
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Ok good luck with that.

I've had great luck with that through several bodybuilding and powerlifting competitions.

And she's broken records too
  • usmcmp
    Options
    What is your diet like when you cutting before a competition?

Approximately 20% below TDEE, protein is around .8-1grams per pound of lean mass. Last few months are carb cycling. Usually 80% of my food is chicken, fish, steak, vegetables, fruit, cheese and oatmeal with 20% whatever I want as long as I hit my macros. I only cut cookies and candy out the last two weeks of competition prep as a precaution against possibly bloating or water retention (which I never experience anyway, it's just a precaution).
  • bethclabburn
    bethclabburn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's not just calories it's about the fat and saturated fat, so would it be ok if I ate 1,200 calories worth of cheese? No it's absolutely not. You would all get good results so much quicker if you cut out the *kitten*.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    It's not just calories it's about the fat and saturated fat, so would it be ok if I ate 1,200 calories worth of cheese? No it's absolutely not. You would all get good results so much quicker if you cut out the *kitten*.

For weight loss same effect

For overall health nutritionally sound base, no food cut out
  • usmcmp
    Options

It's really about calories and absolutely nobody is suggesting eating 1200 calories of only one food. My examples have all been about balance. I also would never eat as low as 1200 calories.
  • Orphia
    Options

You want to do this quickly? That's a good way of regaining it quickly.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. If you're strictly looking to lose weight, you would lose eating 1200 calories of cheese. But you wouldn't be getting much in the way of fiber and other important nutrients. That's why a balanced diet is important. Hit your macros and micros, but don't deprive yourself of a treat every once in a while.