December 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• MyLifeMyCreation
    MyLifeMyCreation Posts: 12 Member
    I found 120 miles to be challenging but doable so I'm going to set 120 as my goal again. Thank you for putting this group together, it has really helped me be more consistent with my running.

Goal: 120

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    mbehr1983 wrote: »
    In miles unknown maybe 30-50. I am starting marathon training on Dec 14 for the first Chattanooga Marathon on March 6th

@mbehr1983 I'm in Madison as well. I am running the Rocket City Marathon in a couple of weeks. Best of luck in your training.
  • RachelFire13
    RachelFire13 Posts: 1 Member
    exercise.png
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    In miles unknown maybe 30-50. I am starting marathon training on Dec 14 for the first Chattanooga Marathon on March 6th

Welcome! Will this be your first marathon? I'm only toying with the marathon idea... If I'm lucky maybe the end of this year or next spring.

I am doing my first marathon in January and scared stiff! But at some stage after doing a few HM's it just seems like the logical next step! It may be something I do ONLY.ONCE!! The 18 mile long run yesterday was fairly unpleasant!
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    I did not make my 125 mile goal this month, due to Thanksgiving prep and getting sick! I know Christmas is looming, but I should do better knowing my marathon is in January! So I'll put myself down for 140 this month.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Welcome! Will this be your first marathon? I'm only toying with the marathon idea... If I'm lucky maybe the end of this year or next spring.

I am doing my first marathon in January and scared stiff! But at some stage after doing a few HM's it just seems like the logical next step! It may be something I do ONLY.ONCE!! The 18 mile long run yesterday was fairly unpleasant!

race.png

edc487f399882c673927258dc666e5da.jpg
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Well, I'm doing the Runners World holiday streak. I'm not sure how that's going to work out so I'm not going to push myself with mileage. I'll be working on consistency this month. So, I'm going to go with 42 miles.
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    edited November 2015
    DATE...............MILES...............TOTAL
    12/1

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:

5/14/16: Glacier Ridge Ultra, 50k (Portersville, PA)
    10/1/16: Cloudsplitter 100, 100k (Pine Mountain, KY)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2015
    Same as my last 2 months December Goal 140km.

December 2 - 10 km runs planned Jingle Jog and Resolution run.
    January 2016 Train for February HM's and ?????
    February 2016; Feb 7 Chilly Willy HM and Feb 21 Hypothermic HM
    A big Welcome to all the new runners who graduated from C25K, and to all the returning challenge runners.

For all of us running in Cold - Winter Temps
    q26w4mv1yado.jpg

For all Runners - especially anyone who has completed a race, doesn't matter if it was a Fun Run, Charity, Local Timed, 5km, 10km, HM, M, BQ qualifier or Ultra's.

rc2tc1myfvgd.jpg
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    I'm in for 100 km :) hopefully I will smash this but we'll see how I go.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Same as my last 2 months December Goal 140km.

December 2 - 10 km runs planned Jingle Jog and Resolution run.
    January 2016 Train for February HM's and ?????
    February 2016; Feb 7 Chilly Willy HM and Feb 21 Hypothermic HM
    A big Welcome to all the new runners who graduated from C25K, and to all the returning challenge runners.

For all of us running in Cold - Winter Temps
    q26w4mv1yado.jpg

For all Runners - especially anyone who has completed a race, doesn't matter if it was a Fun Run, Charity, Local Timed, 5km, 10km, HM, M, BQ qualifier or Ultra's.

rc2tc1myfvgd.jpg

I like the bottom meme but omgoodness if I wore what sparkpeople said I would die from heat exhaustion. But I'm from Wisconsin. We like it cold. I find runner's world to be pretty accurate.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @juliet3455 love the things distance runners understand! I have the "how to dress" you posted hanging on my refrig at home. Reminds me I need to pick up a fleece or two, that is probably the one thing I don't have. I laugh at the 2 pairs of gloves because I do that, my hands get cold easy.
  • kaylas1114
    kaylas1114 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in for 50. Can't wait!
  • britters12
    britters12 Posts: 12 Member
    Im in for 75!

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm in! Going for 70km again. Was going to reduce it to allow for Xmas nights out, hangovers and general holiday laziness but then all these reasons seemed exactly why I need to commit to a challenge. I can't believe how motivated I am by a forum full of strangers - there were at least 4 times I would have quit considerably sooner if I didn't feel accountable. I will start Saturday; I have a PT session Wednesday and legs quite tired and sore still from doing too many days in a row including squats and weights which always leave me sore so trying to start sensibly.
  • scrappyfrog
    scrappyfrog Posts: 11 Member
    I'm in. Well, I'm back. I have ran very little since July...back then I was half marathon ready! Which I had to sit out due to a foot injury. Anyway...I'm back! I'm not going to set a mileage goal because what I really need to establish is a consistent running schedule. So my goal is a short run 3x/week and a "long" run on Saturday. Although my long run won't be very long for now. Feels like I'm starting over from scratch, which is a major bummer. That's ok though, I'm ready to do it! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Eh, I have no idea. I'm loosey-goosey-ing it for the month. I'll shoot for 100 miles, I think. Hoping this hamstring is back in running condition by the middle of the month.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    I just started c25k last week. I plan on trying for 20 miles for December. I got in 1.5 miles during my week 2 day 1 today. I'm super slow when I run lol but I figure that will give me on average, 5 miles a week. But I am excited for this chapter of my journey!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    December goal — 60 KM…I’ll be traveling for 2 weeks this month and unlikely to be able to run

12/1—5.02km
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    I would like to join for December now that I am more into my C25K...I'm going to be at the low end of the mileage at 25 miles but that is my goal!

Thanks for letting this newbie join!