December 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    I'm down for 45. I love walking and have been doing 3.5-4 miles several times a week for months now, but am just now trying to run. Baby steps...
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    12/1 - 3.16 Mi
    Progress toward Goal 3.16 / 50
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    @MorningGhost14: At 160 miles, you are the thread’s “Most likely to wear out your shoes this month” award winner
    @mom3over40, @dawniemate: Welcome

It’s a new month, goal is 60 miles again…
    Dec 1: Advent begins. Light mist but warm (low 50s), still a little bit of hip twinge, nice and slow this morning, 4.44 miles.

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Welcome to all the new folks, bravely trying out this running thing!
    Welcome back to all the folks coming back after a break!
    Welcome home to all us old addicts! It's a new month, so more opportunities to enjoy our sickness! :wink:

exercise.png
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    edited December 2015
    Lol @GBrady43068 ... guess its a good thing I have 12 pairs....
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    @Pandora_and_her_box I have done two other full marathons, but this is my first time doing LA! Super excited about it!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,073 Member

exercise.png

I'm going have another attempt at 60 miles. I know I can do it. Today's run was against the wind and I can feel the effect on my chest. I'll be glued to accuweather all month to pick any settled spells. At least work is calmer so I'll be able to pull on my gear and run if there's a break in the clouds.

Good luck everyone with your targets and up coming races and training plans!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Starting off the month with a 4 mile tempo run. My first run since taking a couple weeks complete rest after my little marathon series in the fall. Kept a good pace, pushing the LT range, and everything is feeling fine post-run. So excited!

12/1 - 4 mile lactate threshold run

Total 4 of 125 miles

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Remus42 wrote: »
    Been a while since I posted in the group so I'm back and I'm in for 40k. But I'll be starting slow because my hip is killing me every time I run, so I'm taking two (maybe more) weeks off. Got to let it heal.

exercise.png

You try some professional PT? Wishing you a speedy recovery!

@kimlight2 piriformis injury? I have bilateral piriformis syndrome. Left side has been debilitating. It's not easy to get over. Wishing you a speedy recovery too!
  • rmcobb327
    rmcobb327 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm new to this group and trying to figure it out as I go. I look forward to having more motivation to run!

exercise.png
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Nice kicks, @kareF ! I have a pair of my Saucony Guide 8s in a ridiculous (but fun!) purple color on my Christmas list. While they've been sitting there, they've been reduced from $110 to $80. I need to tell my husband that if he doesn't get them soon, *I* will! I do want to try some other brands, too. My local running store has a deal on right now where you can get 4 race entries throughout next year plus a pair of shoes for $200. Thinking about it...

12/1 3.5 @ 11:17 on the treadmill plus strength training

exercise.png
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    [quote="Elise4270;34726012

[/quote]

@kimlight2 piriformis injury? I have bilateral piriformis syndrome. Left side has been debilitating. It's not easy to get over. Wishing you a speedy recovery too! [/quote]

Same thing only mine is on the right side. That is why I am trying to take it easy and not aggravate it to much.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    I'm back in December with 30 miles. :)
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I'll be in for 60 miles.
    If this rain every turns into snow, it will be a rough winter. as it is, saturday is supposed to be 50F. apparently, I didn't need to buy winter gear :wink:

• smilelaughlove17
    My phone insisted on qouting that last post, not sure why but HAPPY running to all :D
  • smilelaughlove17

exercise.png
  • saraakhund
    saraakhund Posts: 3 Member
    Starting today! Total beginner
    In for 50 miles in December!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,488 Member
    I've been a slacker in October and November but hope to get back on track in December. I'm in for 100 miles in December.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,488 Member
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    For all of us running in Cold - Winter Temps
    q26w4mv1yado.jpg

This is a great baseline to figure out what to wear in colder temps but I'd encourage everyone running in the cold for the first time this winter (this includes me) to keep notes on what you wore at different temps AND different wind conditions and if it was too little, too much, or not enough.

We all have different tolerances for cold. For instance, I have to wear shorts down to 35F or I'll get too hot. I also don't consider a second top layer until the temp drops to 30F. The accessories, on the other hand, are fairly accurate for me. Of course, the windier it is, the more I'll need to wear so I have to take that into account as well.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Totally missed my goal last month. I knew it was going to be a little bit of a stretch with family in town. I have been ignoring my all important stretches and yoga causing me to deal with planter fasciitis for over a week now. KT Tape and stretching has really helped and I think I am ready to go.

50 miles

exercise.png