Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    I didn't do perfectly during my travel to KY, but I got nearly everything in. I usually log as I go, but social situations constrained me to wait until I had privacy, and sometimes that was all day. My memory was less than perfect.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    I walked all over a whole bunch of horse farms on a tour one of the days we were gone, but was otherwise much more sedentary than usual.
    3. Have fun every day.
    Done! :bigsmile:
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    Made it every day.
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    75%, but there were a few times I joined the group.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    Sleep was excellent.

We spent the week in Kentucky at DDIL's parents home. I had a wonderful time and was spoiled rotten by my hosts. They took me on a tour of racehorse breeding farms. Everyone went, but I'm the only horse nut. I got to see yearlings and this year's foals. We also went to a place that is a sanctuary for retired racehorses and I fell in love. The horse is the stallion, Silver Charm. He won two legs of the Triple Crown in his day. He was rescued from Japan when his usefulness as a breeding stallion waned due to age and was flown back to Kentucky to a place that provides a retirement home for racehorses. I was told that he doesn't like to be scratched. He liked my scratching, though, and stayed with me for many minutes while I rubbed between his eyes and combed my fingers through his forelock. It was a high point of the trip for me. (There were other nice things, too.)

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    hm 2 gym- 13.01min, 13.7amph, 110ahr, 146mhr, 2.9mi = 131c
    jog- 35min, 9.46ap/min mi, 6.1sp- 7.0sp last 2 min, 3.58mi = 269c
    gym 2 dome- 7.44min, 10.8amph, 149mhr, 1.3mi = 95c
    dome 2 hm - 19.13min, 8.6amph, 158mhr, 2.7mi = 204c
    total cal 699
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    The invitations went home today (Tuesday) for the party on Sunday. I'm afraid it's short notice, and that Sunday isn't the best time for it, but it's going to have to do. December may not be the best time for a pool party either, but we couldn't talk him out of it.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Whoo Hoooooo My personal best today,!!!
    over 12,000 steps.
    60 min. Water aerobics
    30 min stationery bike

Today Jack said to me, your legs are getting skinny, they are not skinny by a long shot, I've always carried a lot of weight in my legs. But I do believe they are looking better, the exercise is paying off. I'm so excited that its given me incentive again, which had been sadly lacking the last couple of months.

No Christmas tree up today. This is why I dislike all my Christmas decorations stored where I can't get them by myself. Maybe tomorrow.

Carol - How are your nephew and great-niece doing?

Gloria - great news on your little great-nephew.

Grits - sorry to hear you are under the weather, hopefully the steroids will work quickly.

Rosie - so sorry to hear you have shingles. I've been very worried about getting them since my sister and BIL we so sick with them. I keep intending to go get vaccinated and just haven't done it. Hope you have a mild case. ((Hugs)))

I didn't have much time for posting while in MO, but please know all your successes and struggles, and funny stories are read and appreciated. You all keep me motivated.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    The invitations went home today (Tuesday) for the party on Sunday. I'm afraid it's short notice, and that Sunday isn't the best time for it, but it's going to have to do. December may not be the best time for a pool party either, but we couldn't talk him out of it.

Sounds like a typical kid. Lol. How old will he be? Is he the youngest?

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    janetr - skinny legs! What a great NSV! You have a very thoughtful and observant DH.

Sylvia - you have given the kids plenty of notice. They will be talking about it all week. They look forward to parties at that age.

Pip - nice stats!!!

Katla - what an experience! You were spoiled. All horse people would love to have been there with you! I'm glad that you were able to have such a great time!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all those people who have had such success. I've read everything, trust me.

Tonight around 4;20 I got such a pain in my stomach! While we were at Mexican Train I think I had 4 SMALL slices of meat, that's all. Even now my stomach is hurting.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Congrats to all those people who have had such success. I've read everything, trust me.

Tonight around 4;20 I got such a pain in my stomach! While we were at Mexican Train I think I had 4 SMALL slices of meat, that's all. Even now my stomach is hurting.

Michele in NC

Sure hope you get feeling better quickly and not some type of stomach bug. I miss you telling us all about your exercise and your day. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary from MN - thank you. My husband has been absolutely my best cheer leader for the past two years since my bariatric surgery. Almost daily he calls me skinny minnie or says things like he did today.

Another great NSV was while in MO Jack's Mom and brother went on and on about how much younger I look. Hey at 66, I'll take it :) Thanks again for the encouragement. You are truly an inspiration to all of us.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Lisa - sorry you were feeling cranky. Hope some time at home on the ranch (or is that home on the range?) will be calming. By the way I thot of you earlier today, I ordered some Quest bars, they had a good sale for Cyber Monday, I had not tried them before until you mentioned them on here. Thanks :)

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla, what is the name of the retired racehorse farm you went to?

Miriam, what a merry Christmas you all will have!

Gloria, I had a really good friend many years ago that made the head wraps for us. That was back in the years we had a lot more nurses in the 'old nurses' lunch bunch. Carolyn always had it at her house and wow was she the cook. She had many talents. She was the one who started me in quilting. So I made all the females in the family one that year. I had some that didn't know what it was for even though I explained what they were. So they either threw it away or just didn't use it. But i have two that are requesting new ones. I have no idea if my sewing machine ven works now. I still use the same one Carolyn gave me years ago. I have replaced the elastic once and it needs it again.

TMI here. Charlie actually had an almost formed bowel movement today!!!! Of course he also had a blowout of diarrhea in his diaper and was an awful mess. I wish it would even itself out but I feel blessed that it is getting better. He just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. He said sometimes he just wants to take a gun to his head. With all the violence in our country, and yes it is coming to our nice little town, he has wanted to get a gun for a long time. But with the amount of road rage and everything else he has, I have never encouraged him to get a gun. He is one that acts then thinks. So I really do not want him to get a gun. Our next door neighbor had cancer of his brain and the pain got bad enough that he took a gun to his head in the kitchen one morning. He often refers to that as the best way to do it. He says it is a lot cheaper way of medical care for a serious problem.

Well I left my bandage on all day and took it off after supper just to look at it. It looked wonderful, no redness tenderness or swelling. SoI let it air out knowing i would redress it before i went to bed. So wouldn't you now it started oozing again. Yesterday both times it was dripping blood. So oozing is a lot better. So I put a pressure dressing on it again. It doesn't look uneven at all. It just looks like a clean healing cut.

We go to our doctor's nurse practitioner tomorrow about Charlie's weak hand. I was watching him tonight at supper. He didn't have much trouble cutting his steak but he couldn't hardly pick it up with the fork. also he had to use both hands to pick up the glass. So something is going on. He does so much for me and my sister, did so much for both of our Moms. But he considers it a sign of weakness if he needs it. Is this just a guy thing?

Michele, glad I could direct you to the right thing. The waste canvas comes in the same Aida count as regular cross stitch fabric. Just find the middle, mark it, baste it on your fabric and start stitching. If there is a spot in your cross stitch that is pretty dense, it's pretty hard to pull the waste canvas out after you have wet it. So I just get the threads around it or concentrate on pulling it out of any wording and leave it until there isn't very much of it left at all and eventually you will get it all pulled out. Your hands will be real sticky when you are done. Between you and Gloria, you have gotten me in the mood to do something again. Maybe I can encourage my grand daughters to do some cross stitch. It was when my oldest was in the 3rd grade and her babysitter was teaching her that I learned. She would come home and need help which made me have to learn so I could help her. So my 9 year old taught me!

Nite nite, love you all, Joyce, Indiana. BTW, there have been two other ladies named Joyce here since I joined and they don't stay. Am I that scary?????
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Sad news for DD today, she got laid off after 14 years of service. They are outsourcing the business office at her clinic. Please send prayers or good thoughts for a job she saw online at the county office for establishing health care eligibility. She has great qualifications for this position and it is close to home.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am really peeved...
    Now you know I have been working part time for the last few years.. and have always gotten holiday pay especially if I work on the specific day..usually..
    Now all of a sudden part time workers and it is only Patty and I, and we are both the oldest ones working there. do not get paid for Holidays..
    really? I have been there 9 1/2 yrs and that is just rediculous..
    I am almost 56 yrs old I do NOT want to be looking for another job.. I do all the crap jobs there, and you know how I get treated by the Troll....
    because I leave a week from Saterday ,the Troll, and Zina will be each taking the last of there vacation day this coming week..
    and of course the Troll makes me feel horrible that I am taking time to go anywhere..
    although her and her husband and son never ever take a family vacation...
    Rant over...
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Margaret two of the thoughts that you have in your December goals resonated with me so I hope you don't mind me using them also. I've put a lot of thought into how I am living my life. I envy those of you who are able to live each day as if it were your last and want to incorporate that attitude into mine. I am tired of just existing and not really enjoying life. So instead of focusing so much on how much weight I'm going to lose this month and how many days a week I am going to exercise - I am going to work on being a better person, grandmother, mother, friend.

These are my December goals:
    <3 Plan Food Diary in the morning for the entire day
    <3 Bed by midnight every night
    <3 Up by 8am every morning
    <3 Continue gratitude journal
    <3 Stop & enjoy something of Beauty everyday (last week I showed my grandson how beautiful the leaves were that were on the ground with little droplets of water on them)
    <3 Do an act of kindness daily (I am starting with putting notes in my grandson's backpacks)
    <3 Smile more - I read that just by smiling our brain produces endorphins that make us feel happy and less stressed - even a fake smile works! (Google 7 Benefits of Smiling and Laughing that You Didn’t Know about)
    w3fg9txycar6.jpg

The boys and I have been watching America's Funniest Videos almost every night and I love to hear and feel the laughter in our home!

Gloria in WA
  • GloworminWA
    Options
  • GloworminWA
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Mary sending good thoughts for your daughter - so sorry to hear this about her job. The same thing happened 2 years ago to both of my daughters. They were working at the same eye doctor office and at a company meeting management told the billing department that they were outsourcing to another company. My daughters were both lucky and went to work for the company that got the account but then a year later the doctors office decided to take back their billing. They wanted my daughters to come back to work for them and they both said no thanks! They have enough experience at what they do that they were able to get jobs elsewhere but not at the same office. They both love the offices they are working in but really miss working together. These are girls who used to fight like cats and dogs! I am so thankful that they are now like two peas in a pod!

“The human race has only one effective weapon, and that is laughter.” -Mark Twain

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies...

Only have a moment but I wanted to share that I have hit my goal of losing 43 lbs! Thank you all for the support, you made it much easier.

Gotta hit the shower and start my day.
    Love to all,
    Chris in MA
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Chris that is wonderful news! It should keep you smiling all day! :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Congrats Chris! :)

Katla, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in Kentucky. Petting the retired race horse must have been a great experience. We were stationed at Ft. Knox in the early 70's and sadly I didn't know anything about the race farms.

Gloria, hoping you find the best place for you and your boys to live.

Carol - Peach
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options

My D-Middle-GD has a December 24th birthday. She always gets cheated on her birthday; we always buy her a separate birthday present. I'd never consider not buying one. She gets it on her birthday. When she was much younger, DDnL#1 would celebrate her birthday at some other time of the year. A Sunday afternoon isn't a bad time for a party, especially when you are having it at the "Y".

About to watch a 'chick flick' that my husband brought home yesterday because I have come down with what my DYS had during his Thanksgiving week with us. Next year, my DDnL#2 will be able to come with her DD and stay at least 5 days. That's good! <3