Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    csofled wrote: »
    B) Heading to sunny Florida tomorrow!

While I was gone over the Thanksgiving holiday visiting my family my husband decided to "clean up" our extra computer in the den. And clean up he did!!!! Not remembering that HE LINKED THE COMPUTERS he got rid of ALL MY BOOKMARKS!!! And he upgraded the computer to Windows 10 after saying he wouldn't because it still had my Omron pedometer program on it that wouldn't run on Windows 10 because it is so old. GRRRRRRRR then he didn't understand why I was so upset. Long story short he was able to help me regain most all my bookmarks. And to make up for the fact that I could no longer download my pedometer information he bought me a FitBit Flex!!! I need visual information to keep me on the straight and narrow. Love the Flex and the graphs of information it provides for me on this journey.

Any FitBit Flex users here?

Have a good one.

Cheri in chilly NE Ohio heading for sunny South Florida

Cheri, I use Fitbit Flex. It is waterproof so I wear it during water aerobics and love it. It definitely is a plus for me to know how many steps and how many calories burned. I paid more for it because it was waterproof ($200) but worth it for me.

Janetr OKC

I feel like I got a steal deal on my Fitbit Flex at $59 at WalMart. Their on-line price for the black one which is sold out on-line so I went to the store and did a price match.

Still trying to figure out all the data available and getting used to wearing it on my wrist. All by previous pedometers were clipped at the waist or in my pocket. It has been interesting looking at my sleep record over the past 2 nights. I truly thought I wasn't getting any quality sleep but according to the Fitbit I am logging a solid 5+ with some restlessness and little to no awake fullness.

Cheri enjoying her new fitness toy in NE Ohio
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota - I think part of it is because she won't go out in the rain (for any reason) and we don't want her to go in the house; she did do anything on the deck for 3 or 4 days; then last night we let her out; but, the grass and dirt was still very wet. She knows she has done something that we aren't happy about because she'll run and get into her bed and hide. She's a pretty good little puppy and we are very happy to have her, especially me because she is so entertaining! My husband just says she is a stinky rotten Mama's puppy. She likes to stretch out in her bed and hand her head over the side of it. I think that is because she had to wear a cone on her neck when they spayed her. I'm hoping that she'll get the idea about not pooping on the deck. She's still young; and we do take her out where we want her to go. At night she just doesn't want to go outside where it is dark. She'll wander around and look out; but, no go to go out there on her own.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Chris in MA - Congratulations!!!! Woo Hoo on hitting your goal

Mia in MI
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Miriam, congrats on your final hearing. That’s a nice Christmas present.

Janetr, I agree that it seems like yesterday that we celebrated the arrival of 2000. Where did the last 15 year go??? Congrats on those legs looking good. Keep up the great work. My hubby says nice things like that too and isn't it nice!!!?

MicheleNC, for the wedding I feel that the bride and groom should make the decisions on where, what, etc but if you are paying for it you will have to give them a budget. Hopefully Denise will want your help and input on everything but if they want a big first class wedding then they should expect to help finance it. I am so frugal that I can’t believe what some people are willing to spend on weddings. I love a beautiful wedding with all the bells and whistles as much as the next guy but to spend what a house would cost on a one day event is just not realistic in my world. I hope it ends up being a pleasant occasion for everyone but for some reason I see problems ahead.

Mary, I think you can take a pass on not getting in 10,000 steps a day,. Since you are definitely burning calories in the work you are doing at the house. You do great with your exercise and are an inspiration to many of us.

Sylvia, that sounds so strange for someone to not have a car in America unless they live in NYC. I can’t imagine having to depend on someone else but I guess it’s all in what you get used to. A swimming party in December? I think that sounds great. At least a little different.

Terri, glad you are finally learning your job after 4 ½ years. Lol I hope the mammogram bill won’t affect your credit score. Many automatically report to the bureaus after two months past due. (Later) Glad that got worked out. Did they accidentally bill $400? That would be a bit much.

Katla, so glad you had a wonderful time at your son’s in-laws.

Joyce, how sad that Charlie can’t see the progress and even mentioned a gun to his head. And sad that he won’t allow any help when he needs it. Gosh, we all need help from time to time.

Mary, so sorry about your DD’s job. What a bummer after such a long time. I hope they are giving a nice severance package!

Allison, I’d rant too. So sorry they decided to change the pay structure after all this time. I’m hearing that this is happening a lot to part time people for some reason.

Chris, a Huge CONGRATS!!!!! I’d be so excited and am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Cheri
    , that’s cool to be able to see all your stats. I’d like to but not even willing to pay $59 at this point because I just don’t walk. I’ve bought a couple of different brand less expensive ones and neither of them worked. Maybe one of these days.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Yesterday I went to line dancing and got there a touch late for the novice session. The instructor sells t-shirts from time to time, usually with something about dancing or the name of the group. Today she had Christmas t-shirts for sale for $5.00 each and very good quality. I got two. Now I have something to wear to the group party on Sunday afternoon. All mine from years gone by are just too big to wear in public. I finally finished decorating my tree and got my bows on the lights in the breakfast room and dining room. I think I’m finished. Oh yes and got down the Christmas glasses and cups. I don’t have Christmas dishes because I just don’t have room to keep them. Tonight is our Women of the Moose Christmas dinner. It is normally very nice so I’m looking forward to it. Unfortunately it’s at an Italian restaurant so not sure what I’ll eat. They don’t have a menu on line. I’ll just do the best I can. Sending hugs and best wishes to all you lovely ladies and I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. I was off yesterday and did get a lot done and a good start on my Christmas cards. So feeling good about that.

Sylvia--I hope all goes well with your new roomie at the studio.

Heather--Glad to hear you are ready for your trip and have heat. Sorry to hear about the phone mess, but happy you can send it back.

Barbie--Thanks for getting us going another month.

Joyce--Sorry to hear Charlie is having problems and not see the positive changes. Sounds like you cut your hand bad. hope it is healing.

Rosie--Sorry to hear you have the shingles, Hope you feel better soon.

Cheri--Proud of you for following thur and going to Thanksgiving. Hope you find things well at DMIL's when you go. I have a flex bit and love it. You can friend me.

Mary--So sorry to hear about your DD, that seems to be happening a lot. Years of service don't count for much anymore. Sending prayers something better opens up for her.

Chris MA--Congrates on reaching your goal. I just hope that doesn't mean you are going to leave us.

Well I did so so with goals for last month. I am down .3 for the month which is better then it could of been. So my goals for this month are

1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

janetr - congrats on your pb!!

fanncy - so sorry to hear about the layoff, hope that job works out for her!

mikesmom - thanks! it will be when i'm riding, other days like today, had to take kirby to the doc so i will have to drive.

took Kirby to a doc appointment, a trauma followup app. 1st thing doc said, "wow, you have quite an extensive list of injuries!" lolol.. doc says he is doing remarkably well. he said the average person would not have improved as quickly as he has. he still has a ways to go but he is doing awesome! Friday we have an appointment for the spine/neck injury, see what happens there.

for me, I feeling the shoulder when I am riding home. probably because of the position of my arm on the handle bars.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day.hugs
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Michelle my dad did the same with my wedding - he invited all of his business acquaintances whom I did not know and my fiance and I were told how many of our friends we could invite which if I remember correctly was about 12 out of 250 invitees. We had all Chrysler Imperials for the wedding party and the Manny Harmon Band from the Coconut Grove played the music at out reception but it wasn't my wedding it was his big show. Anyway that was a long time ago (wow 52 yrs ago) and it was what it was. He was a control freak and was NEVER wrong - God Bless Him.

Working on my December goals today. Up at 8:45 instead of 8 because the boys had late start. We watched AFV this morning so that had us all laughing to start the day off right! I consciously think about smiling to keep a frown off of my face! What a difference it makes in attitude! Also purposely laughed this morning instead of getting mad at DGS#1. What a difference - we were both laughing instead of being at war. Watching Seinfeld while on our thread and forgot how great that show was and still is. Laugh laugh laugh! I Love Lucy still gets me rolling on the ground!

Downloaded Windows 10 last night and updated ITunes along with subscribing to the 3 month free Music trial so am enjoying Billy Joel music. So far not much trouble with 10 but I am not using their browser as I use Chrome. I am going to try out the Edge browser to see what the differences are while using it.

Time to go put some eggs on to boil - along with the timer so I don't forget and let the water boil out again!!!

In PIP language - type to you later!

Gloria in dreary cold WA where I'm excited.gif laughing my a** off - I'll let you know how that works out
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    miriamwithcats wrote: »
    Mia, I would look for ones that you have to be a member- safer that way. and like Becca says, meet at a public place. I am spoiled here in my small town in Iowa, which is predominantly Mennonite/ Amish. I can have people deliver to my house. the reason Craig's list became so unsafe is that ANYONE could post on it, even from out of the country, so there were a lot of scams (I ran in to many when I was thinking of getting a roommate.)

Yep meeting at a parking lot works too....but once we waited in a Costco parking lot about 30 minutes over the time they were SUPPOSED to meet me...and I was selling a $5.00 griddle....saw her coming out of the store...."Really?"....some are rude people and insensitive to the fact that your time is valuable too.

Becca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry no time to read - will do tomorrow.
    Just wanted you to know I've arrived at the apartment, which is wonderful, and been out for a meal.
    More info tomorrow, but I am happy to be here :D
    It's looking good.
    Heather UK
  • Annr
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Our Advent Calendar :-)
    100_3402_zpsj1seaevg.jpg

My momma...(she is always the first to go up) plus the star...

100_3401_zpszuhmqkde.jpg

What the messages look like...I won't be taking a pic of those but just type them for you all to follow. Maybe take a photo of our tree each week :-)

100_3403_zpsqu6jf3ej.jpg
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:
    spin- 51min, 81ar, 91aw, 9-13g, 128ahr, 155mhr, 13.4mi = 483c

ar = average revolutions -how fast i'm pedaling per minute
    aw = average watts -how much power i'm putting out per minute
    g or ag = average gear -on spin bike, they are 1-24
    ahr = average heart rate
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    c = calories
  • Annr
    Options
    December 1st:
    Mommy why is there a star upon our Christmas tree? And why is it so big and bright, please tell it all to me.

December 2nd:
    Each year a mother hears this question, and then she must review. The story that's been often told , but still forever new.

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Today, my husband wanted to get his haircut and a shave at this cute nostalgic barber shop, but they were closed.... Then he wanted to play some old fashioned arcade games at the arcade...but they didn't open until 1 PM (it was 11 AM)...but he did let me play the baby grand piano at the medical center for a couple of hours...

Decembers goals
    -Move forward not just stay stagnant in my progress.
    -Do not let holidays bring me down
    -Eat like a slim person
    -Just keep swimming swimming swimming.... (yep I just sang that)
    -remember the most important key when preparing my meals is my MOOD.

Becca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Mary prayers for DD with job.

Cheri feel your pain. DH could have chosen a better time to change our computer to Windows 10.

DH goes in for a biopsy of lymph nodes next week.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Terri - you know you will probably win tonight! Glad that you got that mammogram bill straightened out.

Grits - I don't blame her for not wanting to go out at night time! I would rather not as well.

DJ - she is working the rest of December and then they are giving them a 10 week severance package. She has anxiety so it would be best for her to get a job right away. Yay! For getting your tree and decorations up!

Vicki yay! For your loss! Every little bit counts. Thanks for the prayers for DD.

Pip -I am glad to hear that Kirby is doing so well! I hope that your shoulder heals really quickly so that you do not feel any pain when you ride.

Gloria - I love watching those shows that make you laugh! It does start the day off well. LOL about the eggs water boiling out!

Heather - glad to hear that you arrived at your apartment safely. Can hardly wait to hear about your travels.

Becca - Beautiful adventcalendar!Great picture of your mother. Too bad that your DH did not get to do what he wanted.

Margaret - Thanks! We will be keeping your DH in our prayers as well.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Mary- Most Wednesdays we just do laundry.. (because its dryer free day) so I kept telling him that the world is trying to tell him something...Tomorrow he will go. She shaves with a straight razor, and at the end massages his face with coconut oil and finishes with bay rum splash....I smell his face all day....mmmmmm
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Becca -Love It!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN: Praying that your DD finds just the right job. :flowerforyou:

Mia in MI: I reuse "last moth's goals" every month because they're what works for me. Congratulations on finding what works for you. :flowerforyou:

Terri: "I usually win" has never been a reality in my house UNLESS we're talking about getting my own way. :wink:

Pip: It is nice that the doctor commented on how well Kirby is doing. I am sure you're feeling the shoulder injury when you ride your bike. I hurt my shoulder a couple of years ago in a fall on concrete steps, and it has developed occasional "clunks" when I move but they don't hurt anymore. Yoga has been a huge factor in how well it is doing. I think your bike riding will eventually strengthen your shoulder noticeably. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Enjoy your trip. :flowerforyou:

Becca: Love your advent calendar! :heart:

MNMargaret: I'll be sending good thoughts for your DH's biopsy next week. :flowerforyou:

Yoga today felt great. I needed that! I am sitting here at the computer and not getting any Christmas decorating done though that is exactly what I should be doing. I guess it will have to wait a day. DH doesn't want to get started yet. He'd like to rest up after yesterday's all day flight back to SEATAC followed by a long drive to pick up the dog from the Vet's on our way home.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png