I do what with butter...?

Options

Replies

• Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Listen, I've tried this diet both ways. The food I put into my body absolutely DOES not work if let's say I eat pizza and candy within 1200 calories.
    Carbs alone won't make us fat, it's the carbs and fat mixed together that makes weight armageddon.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Listen, I've tried this diet both ways. The food I put into my body absolutely DOES not work if let's say I eat pizza and candy within 1200 calories.
    Carbs alone won't make us fat, it's the carbs and fat mixed together that makes weight armageddon.

Absolutely false.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Oh and one more question. When low carb dieting and intermittent fasting, are you supposed to get sick?
    Like more than once each time I start doing theses things I'll get sick at night and almost feel like I need to vomit while I'm trying to freaking sleep.
    Any solutions?

OK so to sum up.

You eat 1000 calories (significantly too few) each day
    You eat sticks of butter
    You get sick at night and feel nauseous such that you can't sleep
    You can't eat any carbs, including vegetables
    You think maybe intermittent fasting will work.
    You think you hit a plateau 4 days in.

You forgot:

You don't eat foods you love because you think you can't lose weight eating them.
    You believe all this is being done in a bid to be healthier.

Also chocolate won't help her lose weight, but salted butter WILL.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

rYIk4gz.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

then you weren't counting your calories and logging correctly. It DOES work.

No. So very, very wrong.

Too many calories makes weight Armageddon. It doesn't matter what macronutrient those calories come from.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds in six weeks and included ice cream or chocolate pretty much every day. I lift three days per week, relatively little cardio, and eat 1930 calories on average per day. I am 40 years old, female, and 5'9".

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat. Log everything. I don't know how tall you are, but I suspect 1500 calories per day would be o.k. Moderate exercise. Heavy lifting like Stronglifts 5X5 will help build strength and probably create the body you are looking for.

This does not have to be a drastic change to see results. In fact, the small, sustainable changes are much more likely to set you up for success.

Good luck!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    @stevencloser
    So it's really a problem if I'm doing all I can within my power to try to eat healthy and stick to working out?
    I asked for suggestions on something to replace butter because I know it isn't something I should continue to do.
    I don't have the money to do everything 100% correctly :( Not my fault.

Ummm maybe I am confused.... eating straight butter, bologna and an egg is healthy?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    3904932487_54cce78f13.jpg
  • Mallybear2020
    Options
    @nickylee76
    I didn't say any of what I was eating was healthy. I'm just saying it's all I have, and I need alternatives.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

FYI, there are lot of healthy sources of carbohydrates....I don't think anyone said anything about pizza and candy...so I'm going to assume that you associate carbohydrates with those things. Pizza is actually more fat than carbohydrate and candy is just pure sugar...

I eat plenty of carbs and lost plenty of weight and have maintained that for over 2.5 years. I eat oats, brown rice, quinoa, lentils, legumes, potatoes and sweet potatoes, fruit, veg, etc...basically I eat very similarly to how my dad's dietitian had him eating to control his type II...and yes, even diabetics can eat carbs and don't require ketosis to lose weight or control their condition.

If you insist on doing keto, you may want to look at things like nuts, nut butters, fattier cuts of meat, full fat dairy, avocados, etc rather than just eating butter.

If it were me, I'd be rethinking the plan altogether though....maybe focus on eating healthier options (to include healthful sources of carbohydrates) and focusing on a well balanced and nutritious diet...but I'm kind of old school like that.

Honestly I think a lot of people think that misery while dieting is some kind of badge of honor or something...the things people do to themselves never ceases to amaze.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll
    Because I honestly feel full. And eating straight up bologna with no bread isn't very tasty. Eggs...not sure how to explain. Just the taste, but i'll manage to get it in.
    I wouldn't consider myself a picky eater at all, but when dieting gets involved you have to be sometimes.

Then don't eat bologna and eggs. Eat something you enjoy. You seem to have decided that losing weight is "all or nothing," that you will either eat what you like or not. But once you reach your goal weight, you'll want to maintain it, right? Why not practice eating the foods that you like to eat?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @nickylee76
    I didn't say any of what I was eating was healthy. I'm just saying it's all I have, and I need alternatives.

Avocado is an excellent alternative to straight butter. Mmmmm, avocado....
  • Mallybear2020
    Options
    @quiksylver296
    Not to be rude, but that depends how much you weigh currently.
    Example: If I weighed 200lbs and all I ate was pizza and ice cream, then I'd expect to lose some but not hit my goal weight of say 130. Because after a while my body will start to maintain according to what I am eating.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @quiksylver296
    Example: If I weighed 200lbs and all I ate was pizza and ice cream, then I'd expect to lose some but not hit my goal weight of say 130. Because after a while my body will start to maintain according to what I am eating.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

What is your TDEE? What is your BMR? What is your height, current weight and goal weight?

I can give a better answer if you give better info.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @quiksylver296

Again false. As you get lighter, your body will require less calories to operate. If you continue eating the exact same amount of calories and doing the exact same exercises, your loss will slow down very very slowly. The type of food is irrelevant.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @quiksylver296

Your body doesn't maintain according to WHAT you are eating. It maintains on the number of calories you're eating.

If you eat less than you burn as a larger person, you will lose weight. If you eat less than you burn as a smaller person, you will lose weight.

Keep in mind that many of the people you are arguing with on this have reached and maintained goal weight. Why would we lie to you? I used the same strategies to get from 150 to 130 as I did to get from 130 to 120. And those same strategies took me from 120 to 111. I ate the same foods the whole time -- I just ate them in a calorie deficit.

Edit: That said, eating ONLY pizza and ice cream wouldn't be that great for you. But it would still be better than eating 1,000 calories of butter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296

why does it always have to be these extremes...where has anyone mentioned eating nothing but pizza and ice cream? you do understand that there's a middle of the road right? it doesn't have to be all the carbs or no carbs...there are a *kitten* load of nutritionally dense carbohydrates...this seems to be some kind of major glitch in the thinking of low carb folks...always associating carbohydrates with "junk food".
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    @quiksylver296

Pardon me, but just exactly where in the HELL are you getting these ideas? So much nonsense coming from you it's making my head spin.

If you eat at a deficit (it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT) you will lose weight. For as long as you are taking in less than you are burning.. It's as simple as that. Stop trying to make things a thousand times more confusing and complicated than they actually are.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, I am 5'4". I went from 142 to currently 129 in @ a year. I try to make the foundation of my diet lean protein, fruits & veggies, and whole grains. But I also eat on a fairly regular basis: ice cream, chocolate, pizza, frosted flakes, chex mix, bagels, and I go to Wendys for lunch once or twice a week. When I eat those things, I just watch my portions. I eat @ 1500-1600 cals a day when I am trying to lose weight. I am hardly ever hungry, it doesn't make me sick, and I never force myself to eat stuff I don't like.

In other words: Plug your stats into MFP, use a food scale, and eat the calories it gives you with whatever foods you want. It sounds like you are making this much harder than it needs to be. Good luck!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Couldn't resist...

z0ngwkllnze2.png