RAMADAN

Options
1235»

Replies

• Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak everyone!

Yesterday I found that after I'd had some dates, a bowl of fruits and milkshake, I was pretty much full!

Yes I noticed that you do get full pretty quickly. I have a huge dish of fried foods fir the family and seriously I don't even get tempted I may just take one buy don't feel like I want more. Alhamdulillah

Discipline is important at the table!!!

How long are fasts for people here? Here in UK it is from 2.12am till 9.40pm...so very long
  • Redribbon73
    Options
    Yesterday we had spinach cheese filo pastry samosas (baked! !!), pakoras...just 1 for me though. Daal, chapatti and fruit chaat.

Today is fruit chaat (we have it everyday in ramadhan), lamb pulao, raita and homemade chicken veggie spring rolls.
  • timerr
    timerr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree. I mean fasting is not supposed to deteriorate your health. It's meant to help you. You are supposed to check what you eat and ensure you are eating healthily. But if she is sick she can be excused from fasting. The sick, the traveling, pregnant women and menstruating women don't need to fast.
    Hope that helps! :)
  • timerr
    timerr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This morning for suhoor I had a lot of cherries, yogurt with some biscuits mashed in them, a glass of milk and homemade crepes.
    I'm feeling the pangs of hunger though atm - planning on having vegetables later for iftaar - need to avoid the samoosas and other fried stuff!
  • Redribbon73
    Options
    Well I have started as a trial 30 day shred again, I did my workout about 3 hours before aftaar. I was actually ok, I didn't feel thirsty and as I have been doing a lot of cardio before ramadhan I found it really easy.

I am planning to do the workout every other day though and keep on this level 1 longer too.
  • cikjijah
    cikjijah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ramadhan kareem everyone...
    it is undeniable that maintaining calories during ramadhan can be a little bit tough especially with all those specialty dish
    that u can only find during Ramadhan..all the sudden craving for the yummy food that loaded with calories...hahaha....so, lets do our best to maintain during this special months.. ^_^
  • jenn3365
    jenn3365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to eat a lot during Ramadan. I do not like eating much in the morning and at the break I have to struggle to get 1000 calories for the day. I also exercise for at least an hour in the day. Found that keeping my body cool really helps to reach my goals. I cycle average 25km/h.
  • izzi1024
    izzi1024 Posts: 9
    Options
    what did you all have for iftaari?
    I had dates, water, fruit bowl, chana chaat, grilled lamb chops and a mango shake...I felt like a body builder after eating iftaari.

Somebody here needs to check my topic link to get my story and give tips if possible.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1368669-very-concerned-here-experts-please-guide-me

cuz this ramazan...I got stuck. :(