290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Like an entirely different person. Congratulations =)

Thank you Manda²! Looking in the mirror I sadly see the same "big" guy that I have for the past 30 years. But,... I do notice a difference in photos. I have very few pics from when I was larger and in hindsight I wish I had taken more to compare. Thanks again and best wishes with your own goals; you're young and really don't have much to lose... I'm sure you're going to kick *kitten*!
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've managed to lose YEARS and POUNDS! Amazing! Well done you!
  • Heavyhauler16
    Heavyhauler16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, I am super motivated by your story
  • moremonica
    moremonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC job! An amazing effort and your almond milk story brought a smile to my face. I also tried to do it when I was told how easy it was. What a mess! Keep up the great work.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    jonipecson wrote: »
    That is awesome. I started at 297 initially, last year. In september I was 290 and decided I needed to make a change. Now I'm 254, I've been fluctuating some but I'm not stopping. Rome wasn't built in a day, I know that. I have motivation and with your story I have more inspiration :)

Thanks Joni! Yes... keep on pressing forward. The more diligent you are, the more success you'll see. The more success you see, the more self-motivated you'll be. That's how it was for me. It's a cycle,... each good choice leads to another. You're so right... Rome wasn't built in a day BUT, I bet you can be very near goal by year end! Congratulations on your successes so far and best wishes reaching your goal!
  • Cybaby1
    Cybaby1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Tears...Just what I needed to read at this moment! Congrats to you and thanks!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Great job , really inspirational..

Thank you BigBossK! It was my pleasure (or at least has become my pleasure) to share! Best wishes with your own goals... maybe you can change your username to SmallBossK in the future :smiley:
  • JUknowPK
    JUknowPK Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I am on my way from 275 to a goal of 235 for now, hope to be successful as you have been! Only concern is I see you are a Riders Fan, well we gave you a coach so we will see if you can compete with the Esks!
  • jshute71
    jshute71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look 10-15 years younger! Congratulations! :)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    lyssa1210 wrote: »
    Great work! You look like a whole different person! You look terrific. Very inspirational

Hey thanks Lyssa! Technically... not a "whole" different person... more like 3/5ths hehe :wink: I'm really flattered you found the story inspirational! I'm really just a "Joe Average" (no offence to men named 'Joe' ;-) that was on a mission. Best wishes to you and all the goals you've set for yourself!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I found it inspirational, thank you and Congrats!!!
  • lizlemon4
    lizlemon4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing and you did it. I dont even know you and I am proud of you. Think of all the years you have added to your life. I have only been with MFP for a week and I am noticing and making HUGE dietary changes for myself. fruits, veggies, and lean meats are the way to go just like you said in your post. You're truely an inspiration. thank you for sharing your story :smile:
  • nicholemurphy87
    nicholemurphy87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    @DogRiverDude~ Great job on your journey. I have about 50 lbs I would love to rid myself of. 30+ lbs gone presently, and it feels great to eat to energize, not eat to just fill a void. In the past I used other companies, products to help me lose weight. Now its my success's and not a Jenny Craig, or Weight Watcher thing. A saying that comes to mind when I look at your before and after pics:

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
    Maybe its unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be
    in the first place
    :smile:

Good on ya! (as my Norwegian mother would say)

Hi and thanks Ann! Wow you've really made some incredible strides yourself, congratulations! I'm a believer that long-term sustainability is being able manage our diet without depending on third party companies. If you're able to lose on your own, maintaining will be a breeze... actually, maintaining IS a breeze!!

What a wonderful anecdote and thank you... thanks again!

They always say that maintaining your weight loss is tricky. I belong to a support group and some have made it to their goal. They are always trying to stay within their range never more than 7 lbs over, or 3 lbs under. I think that if I still have passion about eating (great healthy food), and a mindset of "losing weight isn't the key to happiness, happiness is the key to losing weight", all shall be well. When I get to goal, I will be picking your brain though just a heads up... hahaha. Add me. I need ya in my corner.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats !! fantastic results :)
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congr
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You worked so hard and it obviously paid off. I've lost half of the weight I want to lose, and have about 80 more to go. Reading success stories such as your own really motivate me on the days where it seems like I'll never get to where I want to be. It's a reminder that it is possible if I just keep moving forward! Thank you! Oh, and GO RIDERS!
  • pmm7692
    pmm7692 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great work!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    140DeeDee wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing it helps to read positive story's. Well done on your weight loss

Really Dee, the pleasure was (has become) mine to share. I'm truly overwhelmed with all the wonderful responses such as yours so... thank YOU and my very best wishes with your own goals!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    SLKMERC wrote: »
    Wow, you've managed to lose YEARS and POUNDS! Amazing! Well done you!

Thank you Slkmerc, you're too kind! Definitely lost pounds... the "years" thing is up for debate :-). I sure feel different! After being heavy my entire adult life, this is still such a new feeling for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!