Congratulations! You look amazing!!!!
  • hjaye75
    hjaye75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Yoshi471
    Yoshi471 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Inspiration man I definitely will use this as motivation 22 and at the weight I am this is definitely a boost thank you
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    minijoanna wrote: »
    Congrats on your transformation. You look 10 years younger!

Well thank you Joanna! The physical feeling is inexplicable. Just the simple things; running up stairs 2 at a time without having to catch my breath,... cutting my lawn takes "0" effort now,... I don't sweat anymore (yeah TMI lol) but I just don't have to exert myself to perform physically demanding tasks! Best wishes to you and whatever goals you've set for yourself!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    figbelle wrote: »
    This is amazing! I'm just starting my journey and this is exactly what I needed to see. Even though I am a woman our starting and ending weights will be about the same. Thank you for taking the time to put yourself out there! Great Job!

Thanks FigBelle! It can be done and it's really not as difficult as you may think! Getting through the first few weeks was the most trying I suppose but good habits eventually form and healthy eating will soon become second nature. Sure... I still enjoy the occasional treat (or drink haha), but I understand my limits and find it MUCH easier to cope with cravings now! My very best wishes to you and your weight goal... just go for it!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Really inspiring! Great job!

Thank you Christina, the pleasure is all mine :smile: My best wishes that you achieve all the goals you set for yourself!
  • mykrisnmiss
    mykrisnmiss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    really happy to read your story. and to hear u did it all with just adjusting diet and using mfp tools! i started tracking my calories at the end of jan, and have lost 18lbs so far! my ultimate wish is to be below 200, i'll settle for 199, so that means i have around 55 more lbs to go. but i can do it. like you said, once the weight starts coming off, you feel healthier, and do more things. the one day my son and I walked up and down the road picking up trash in the ditches...i haven't done anything too physical, since i have OA in both my knees, but i'm looking forward to riding my bike when the weather warms up! sorry to go on and on about my story, but your story spoke to me and i had to leave a comment! you look great and i'm so happy for you and your success!!!
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, congratulations! I wish I could say I'm on a similar track as far as weight goes, but I'm around 365 with my first big goal being 250. Posts like this are great for inspiration!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Fabulous.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Hearty congratulations to you! I have a long way to go - 3 stones to lose (about 42 pounds), but I think I'll do it this time. Your story is both encouraging and helpful - thank you ☺
  • alfking65
    alfking65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job. My story is a lot like yours. On Nov. 28, 2015 I looked in the mirror and said to myself, you are out of control. I weighted 283 lbs. I weigh myself once a week and today I was at 227.5. I am 69 and have had to have both knees and hips replaced, not because of weight but the weight didn't help. I have so much energy now and am working to get to 180. You are an inspiration and I hope to join you in the below 200 club.
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats from Ireland. You look 30 years younger now.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    frgrl wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing
    You're very welcome Frgrl! I hope it helped in some way. My very best wishes to you achieving your own goals :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    wisenbsd wrote: »
    Epic!
    Haha, thank you Wisenbsd. Maybe not "hundreds" of pounds like some but not a bad chunk :wink:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Jmgris1 wrote: »
    Amazing job!!! You should be so proud of yourself and you are an inspiration to show the rest of us what can be achieved with determination and HARD WORK.
    Thanks Jmgris! I don't use the word "proud" when talking about myself but,... happy, glad, relieved, surprised... yeah for sure. More like "Holy *kitten* I did it!" LOL. You know... determination and sticking (hard) to the plan was the key for me. If I take out 3 vacations, I ate pretty damned clean/nutritious/healthy for 10 months and it kind of became a way of life, habit for me. Since I'm maintaining now I do enjoy the occasional unhealthy food choice but whatevs... as long as it fits within my calorie goal (or if I can work it off) it's all good. Best wishes with your own journey. I see that you're off to an incredible start so far... congratulations for that and keep on hitting it hard!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    zbakrjc wrote: »
    You look amazing. Results like this speak volumes about how watching your food intake really is a marker for your success. Congrats!

Thank you Zbakrjc... it's an amazing feeling to be average size. Who knew! Yeah, food intake (quality & quantity) made the world of difference. Thanks again and good luck to you and those last few pounds!
  • Skiracer
    Skiracer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Thanks for sharing your story....what a motivation you are! Stay healthy! :smile: 0
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Dvdgzz wrote: »
    Wow, awesome transformation!

Thank you Dvdgzz! Time to build some muscle though; one of my few regrets (that I didn't do more lifting during the loss process). But,... it's never too late for anything --> that's one thing I've learned through this whole process. Thanks again!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    jen_zz wrote: »
    this is fantastic! thanks for posting

Thank you Jen; it was my pleasure! Best wishes achieving your own goal! I read on Timblr (I think) that you just had 20 to drop; I hope you're getting close!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!