290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Did you walk the weight off entirely? Or did you pick up jogging? I am at 220 right now and have walked my weight off from 328. I am trying to get to 185. What other kind of exercise did you do?
  • bamapeggy
    bamapeggy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing, you're an inspiration!
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "On March 25, at 275 pounds, I joined MFP and as they say, the rest is history. When you're diligent and (a) faithfully/accurately log your food intake and (b) remain below your calorie goal, you WILL lose weight!"

What a legend! Super work. Can I ask, when you started logging on MFP, what was the issue that you found out you were doing prior to logging? You said you were eating healthy, but was it just your portion size that was out of whack? Or was it just things that you thought were healthy, were not? Thanks in advance.
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    Congrats from Ireland. You look 30 years younger now.

30 years?! We have a winner ;-) Thanks Tom! I "feel" 30 years younger. It's actually been that long since I've been in the 180's. Good luck achieving your own weight goal! I see you're over half way... congratulations!!
  • RegalQueen
    RegalQueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a truly lifting success story
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and so healthy. Thank you for a great post. I appreciate the honesty and the down-to-Earth attitude.
    NO MFP friend can prevent you from making poor eating choices. The occasional treat is fine but, if you're getting close to your daily calorie goal, please stop for a second and reconsider that "caramel/cheese popcorn" before eating it! The decision to eat healthy is ultimately yours and ONLY yours. If you think about yourself first, you don't have to look… happiness and success will find you!

I will remember this very well. I noticed that some of my MFP friends seem to "cheat" on a daily base and it distracts me from my goal. Lots of whining going on. Excuses why the had a "bad" day are being posted daily. You are right, ultimately it's my decision, my health, life.

Thank you

• RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you. Sometimes it seems like getting to goal will take forever - 10 months just isn't a lot of time is it?
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Skiracer wrote: »
    Outstanding! Thanks for sharing your story....what a motivation you are! Stay healthy! :smile: 0

Thank you for the kind words Ski Racer; my pleasure to share!! I see you're very active! Keep up your own fabulous work and you'll reach your goals in no time!!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics - it helps me keep going, I started a bit higher than you - quite some time ago. My goal about the same as you. Maybe another 30 lbs to lose as of today.
  • davidchorney
    davidchorney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for opening up and sharing your amazing story. It's very inspiring. My wife has had a very hard time getting herself to exercise or lose weight. She also wakes up with migraines 3 or 4 mornings per week, and I think it might have something to do with her increase in weight. I'm going to show her your story. You should be really proud of yourself. Thanks again for sharing.
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! :smile: You have a lot to be proud of!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congrats you amazingly awesome! I don't even recognize you! I'm sure you get that a lot but no really you look just fab! It is so daunting to lose 120 lbs. which is what I have to lose. I recently lost 40lbs. But enough about me, I can't believe how different you look!

Thank you for your kind words! Yeah, quite a few people that hadn't seen me in a while never recognized me. Or, when they did recognize me, asked me if I was sick! What the heck haha! Then, when I told them I've been eating right and exercising they said that I look great. Hmm, kinda takes the appreciation out of the comment lmao! No matter, I feel great no matter what anyone says. Best wishes achieving your goal; you're off to a great start. If you buckle down, that first 2/3 will come off fast! Thanks again... D.
  • DogRiverDude
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story you I was feeling today like giving up but reading your story just made me want to keep going that's just great the accomplishment you have done :)

Awe, you're very welcome. There were days that I felt like giving up as well. If you can just push through those difficult moments, or at least get back on track as soon as possible you can minimize the damage from all your previous hard work. My very best wishes to you and your goals.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Enlightening story and wonderful enthusiastic attitude. Its the sustainability in your story that I like the most. Thank you for sharing :)

Thank you Gamliela! The enthusiasm is actually a relatively new thing to me! More energy, happier,... I think it all goes hand-in-hand with enthusiasm. My eating habits have remained virtually the same as when I was losing weight except that I eat a little bit more now as well as enjoy the occasional empty carb food and/or treat.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Necolodian wrote: »
    Oh wow. You look incredible!!! Thank you for the inspiration.

Thanks Necolodian! I feel incredible... like a new person. It'll still take a while to shake the "fat me" image I see in the mirror but I'm working on it :smile: . My very best wishes achieving your own goals!
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! Congrats!
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So amazing! You look great!! And you do look younger... And handsome. Great job
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congrats! Great job.

Thanks Ajay! Best wishes with your own goals!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    celadontea wrote: »
    Very motivating. Thank you for sharing your success with us all.

Thanks Celadontea! It was my pleasure to share! Good luck achieving your goal... you're off to a great start!
  • delgrand
    delgrand Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You look amazing !

I have some question please.

1-Did you eat back calories burned when you exercised ? How exactly did exercise influence calories you eat?

2-What made you not to stick to the 1-2 lbs/wk weight loss rule ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!