Replies

• LosinginJersey
    LosinginJersey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring!!
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank your for your inspirational post! Great job!
  • shanikashavon
    shanikashavon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    What an inspiration! :)

Thanks SaraKim, my pleasure to share. I read your "Why I want to lose weight" section and I was all those! Um... I can do housework more easily now but I still don't like it haha. Best wishes with your goal!!

• DogRiverDude
    Options
    nnji wrote: »
    Very inspirational. Thank you

You're very welcome Nnji! Congrats on your 20.1kg loss so far... AMAZING. Good luck with whatever you have left to go!!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Awesome, @DogRiverDude that's amazing work!
    So, have you been to corner gas?
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    jarablue wrote: »
    Did you walk the weight off entirely? Or did you pick up jogging? I am at 220 right now and have walked my weight off from 328. I am trying to get to 185. What other kind of exercise did you do?

Honestly, I couldn't do much more than walk at the beginning. Inclined treadmill... 2.8 measly mph at a 3° incline! As the weight came off the speed and incline increased to 3.5/10°. Eventually I took up running and ran my first 5k in a bit over 40 minutes. I was able to get into the 24's shortly after I reached my minimum weight (which is a respectable time for an old dude) but running wasn't something I enjoyed very much. I eventually got into cycling and still do that to this day. Currently, hiking is my thing. Should also mention that over the past 6 months I also do weight training once per week. All that said... I'm NOT a fitness freak (can I say that hehe). Honestly... I don't think it matters what type of physical activity you perform... as long as you try to be as active as possible.

Best wishes losing the last few... they're the hardest to lose but you can do it... just stay true to yourself and don't be satisfied until you reach your goal! Cheers brother!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's amazing results in 10 months-congratulations!! You look great!! Thanks for sharing your story-very motivating :)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look younger! Way to go!!!
  • aaronysaguirre1991
    aaronysaguirre1991 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    How do you add photos when creating a discussion? Oh and sorry if this is random I wanted to find someone who added a picture already.
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, happy, healthy and younger! Well done. :smiley:
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    BEARSpaternalUNIT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started last week...a seemingly impossible 280 lbs....I find your story so inspiring and helpful! Thank you for sharing. I am going to adopt your good advice and chip away. All the best to you! Great amazing job!
  • thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Incredible. You look so handsome and healthy. I'm on my 23498723947 attempt at losing the 20 or so pounds I have, and reading this is so helpful. It really is THAT simple-- absolute dedication and absolute tracking.
  • thatboyjosh73
    thatboyjosh73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome !! I am 6'3 285...I need to drop to 220 to enlist in the air force...it is good to know it can be done so fast ! I started at 327 so MFP has definitely helped me. Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!