290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    pmm7692 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing! Great work!

Thank you for reading Pmm! It seems (now) that it wasn't much work but... I certainly had my 'days'. Looking back it was mostly discipline; the ability to stay-true to the plan over extended periods of time. Although discipline comes down to our own choices, my MFP Friends were outstanding for their comradery, support, and motivation!
  • figbelle
    figbelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm just starting my journey and this is exactly what I needed to see. Even though I am a woman our starting and ending weights will be about the same. Thank you for taking the time to put yourself out there! Great Job!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Wow, this the best success story I've read. You sound so positive! Well done for your success. You've made a tremendous achievement in your life! Thank you for sharing this with us! You look amazing!

Well thank you Gebeziseva... it's the best success story I've written :wink:. Everyone has their days I suppose but I like to think I'm mostly positive. After being (extremely) overweight for SO long... it's an incredible feeling to be fit and healthy! Hmm, maybe I should withhold that statement until AFTER my "Physical Examination" tomorrow. Fun times LOL. Thanks again and my very best wishes to any goals that you've set for yourself!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Shiggysho wrote: »
    You're really hot x)

A funny thing happened after I've dropped all the weight --> I actually find myself quite chilly most of the time now! Is that what you meant :-)? Thanks Shiggysho.
  • ChristinaELC
    ChristinaELC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring! Great job!
  • frgrl
    frgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    one235 wrote: »
    You did a good job losing the weight. Look at how younger you look. Keep it up and thanks for sharing your story.

Well thanks 1TwoThreeFive! Seeing the scale number drop consistently was motivation to keep me going. Of course, great MFP Friends sure were a benefit along the way! I certainly feel a younger but, with the weight loss I have noticed more wrinkles --> therefore I really dunno about looking younger haha. It's been my pleasure sharing... perhaps not so much at first but... with ongoing inspirational comments like yours it's become a very rewarding so... thank YOU!
  • wisenbsd
    wisenbsd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Epic!
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You should be so proud of yourself and you are an inspiration to show the rest of us what can be achieved with determination and HARD WORK.
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Results like this speak volumes about how watching your food intake really is a marker for your success. Congrats!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    You look great!!! Congats. On a selfish level i needed this motivation thank you for sharing you success with us.

Thanks so much Natasha! Oh my gosh... never feel selfish about being motivated! We all (at some point) need a boost or encouragement. You didn't even request help or motivation; you went out and sought motivation for yourself and there's nothing selfish about that! I see that you're almost halfway to your goal.... congratulations! I hope you're feeling great give-it-your-all to achieve your goal by summer :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    gwis12000 wrote: »
    Awesome accomplishment. inspiring!

Thank you Gwis! I was surprised with the weight loss! I suppose the largest factor was being strict with my foods, weighing everything, no guessing, etc. Thanks again and best wishes with whatever goals you've set for yourself!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome transformation!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    this is fantastic! thanks for posting
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    davoiscool wrote: »
    An absolute inspiration!

Hey thanks Davo! Pretty awesome loss yourself; just 2kg's to go! Fantastic work mate!
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    willnorton wrote: »
    great

Thanks Will! I viewed your profile page and I t was the "4th Quarter" for me as well. Make your retirement an active one and best wishes achieving your goal!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    That is incredible.. Good For you!!!

Thank you BOTA! I'm still getting used to the smaller me. Good luck with your own goal... children definitely need healthy parents, not only for longevity, but to also set a good example. You really can achieve your goal with a little dedication!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    ChrisSr74 wrote: »
    You are an inspiration. I'm 285 pounds on day six of my journey. Thank you

Thank you Chris! Hitting your goal is within reach and and can be achieved as slow or quick as you want. I'm kind of an instant gratification person so I was quite aggressive and strict with my diet. That said, nutrition was always #1, THEN calories. Not once during my entire weight loss period did I feel weak or lethargic. Plan your meals... never be unprepared is my best advise. My very best wishes to you... just GO FOR IT! There'll be tough days... just get through them because the reward... well... it's immense!!
  • dolphins305
    dolphins305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You did amazing job. And what a great story.
    Thanks for the motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!