What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• anisilva
    anisilva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Drop below 270 and 30 second planks.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    I have a seriously catty one - but, what can I say?

I have a Sister - who is 2 years younger than I am and who was always the "cute/fit" sister in high school. Upon finding out that I was going to the prom, when she had to stay home due to chicken pox - she wailed out, in utter anguish - "My Fat Ugly Sister has a date for the prom, and I can't go!" It was high drama all round at the time.

The "Fat Ugly Sister" thing stung - and badly. I had always been the fat sister - and I carried that mental label in my head throughout most of my life. Fast forward 35 years.

I have spent the last 4 years on calorie restriction, getting into the best physical condition of my life. I am about the same weight/size that I was in high school. She has spent the last few decades sitting in front of the TV eating chips and ice cream. >:) I haven't seen her in years - but, I am going to visit in July.

My Mini Goal is to lose even more pounds before I go. I would very much love to be down to a size 10 by then...

Catty? Oh yeah. Motivating? 100%

Success is the very best revenge!

@IremiaRe catty or no I support you in this endeavour :smile: In fact, your post reminds me of one of my own from last spring (except about my mom) that I had to preface with the label "Bitterness alert!" So, your sister at the time was, what, like 15 or 16? Maybe she outgrew that kind of nonsense emotionally by now, but if not then here's hoping she 'outgrew' you physically in the meantime!

By the way, do you have any sense of her size that is helping you to anticipate what you'll find when you see her for the first time in all these years (e.g., following her on social media, family gossip, etc.)?
  • QuittingIsntAnOptionNow
    Options
    Fitting into a pair of size 18 shorts I was given.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    California and Vegas at the end of next month!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!