What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• abnerchiang5574
    abnerchiang5574 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 182cm (6 foot) and 74kg (163 pounds). The BMI recommendation is to maintain my weight. But my goal has always been 62kg (137 pounds). It is possible that I want to be slim but healthy weight because of my culture and ethnicity.

I reached 63kg, although technically not identical, but I consider I had reached the milestone. But we all know what happened.

Now I try to have the motivation to go again and aim for maintain the weight when I reach the goal this time.

I find that if I am goal-driven, after I reach my goal, the progress will get reversed. The trouble with backwards direction is that, it is very demotivating.

Instead I now have dieting in mind, and try to live my days normally. My mini goal would be a reduction in my weight when I stand on the scale next time (I weigh myself daily), however small the reduction is. But I try not to think about dieting and try to forget I have a (mini) goal.

I am just wondering, a) go small and slow but steady instead of b) drastic but progress reversal is a better option.

This time I certainly are less motivated.

• spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to focus on habits and behavioural changes rather than weight loss. Eg) Walking 15 minutes, weighing/logging my food, cooking actual meals, etc. :)

I want to do that too, then I forget!
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to focus on habits and behavioural changes rather than weight loss. Eg) Walking 15 minutes, weighing/logging my food, cooking actual meals, etc. :)

Check out the Ultimate Accountability Challenge, I think with those goals you would fit right in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!