Calling all Women! Let's lose 20 lbs. by March 2016! Who's with me?! Svelte by Spring!

bitabee
bitabee Posts: 209 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
My name is Elisabeth, and I am 26 years old, 5'7" and 210.4 lbs as of this morning! I seriously need a goal, and I need others to help me stay accountable! I would love to lose just 2 pounds a week so this is very doable! I will be weighing in on Wednesdays! I know it seems crazy to begin this before Christmas, but I have to start now! I can't go another couple of weeks until January 1st!

A little about me:
I am married to an amazing man, and we have an 18 month old daughter!
Occupation: I am an R.N. per diem in a surgery center, but I mostly am able to stay home with my sweet baby!
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Store to shop in: J Crew, Anthropologie and Target of course! ;)
Favorite Hobbies: kayaking, cooking, sewing, photography, traveling!
An interesting fact: My husband and I lived in Africa for 3 months back in 2012!

Your turn! Ladies, feel free to add me! Let's do this!

Svelte by Spring is the name of our group! ;)

Replies

• lindajeanross
    lindajeanross Posts: 2 Member
    Count me in! I have been trying to do this solo for about 4 months and have only lost about 4 pounds. A pound a month is going to take forever. I need a place to "report".

I'm 5'3" - 160 lbs
    Goal - 130 lbs (more would be great, 130 seems realistic)
    I'm 45 years old, married with two kids (5 and 7). I get up every day to exercise at 4am (crazy!!) I know exercise is not my problem - it's diet. And not that I eat bad food (don't do fast food, chips, etc) , just not the RIGHT food. And maybe too much wine. ;)

20 lbs by March would be fantastic!!! Let's do this! Add me in!
    Linda
  • bitabee
    Linda, great to have you!! :)
  • lmcginley02
    lmcginley02 Posts: 38 Member
    I would love to join! I'm also 26 I am 5'4 and 176lbs.

Occupation: residential solar energy company on weekdays and whisky distillery on weekends
    Favorite color: yellow
    Favorite store: definitely target lol!
    Hobbies: cooking, reading, kayaking
    An interesting fact: idk I'm not very interesting lol!! That's so cool you lived in Africa, what were you doing at the time?
  • bitabee
    lmcginley, so nice to meet you! SO cool you work with solar products!! That sounds super interesting enough to me!! In Africa we were working with a missions organization and living at an orphanage and doing evangelical and medical outreaches! It was awesome! So glad you are joining us!!
  • lmcginley02
    lmcginley02 Posts: 38 Member
    That's awesome! I worked with a sustainable development group in college doing green/sustainable agriculture in Nicaragua but it wasn't for as long! Sounds like great work you did!
  • MrsDillPickle
    MrsDillPickle Posts: 10 Member
    Me! Me! I'm in!
  • MrsDillPickle
    I am 25, 5'1", and weighed in at 158.3 this AM! Would we weigh in every Wednesday?
  • MrsDillPickle
    ... And you should turn this into a real "Group" so we can post and share!
  • ckudlak
    ckudlak Posts: 3 Member
    I am in! Ive lost 5 pounds over the last 4 months, so I am with you. I am 5'2" and 125 pounds. My goal should probably only be 15 pounds, so 1.5 per week for me.
  • ckudlak
    ckudlak Posts: 3 Member
    Favorite color: Orange.
    Favorite store: I don't shop often so I don't exactly have a favorite! If I do go shopping I make it to a few stores.
    Hobbies: Reading, school, computer games.
    An interesting fact: I am a cheerleader and can do flips! My coach doesn't put me in anything so I sit every day at practice, so I am not getting much exercise.

and I am 19 years old :)
  • Skinnytagg
    Skinnytagg Posts: 3 Member
    Hi!! Can I join? I'm looking for more friends on this app. I am 21 years old, 5'8 and I weigh 160 pounds. I looked and felt my best back when I weighed 135 pounds. I would live to weigh 140-45! I am an art student and my downfall is food! I just love all kinds of food.
    Please add me!
  • Ayiti69
    Ayiti69 Posts: 1 Member
    I am in :-)
  • jlodavies1979
    jlodavies1979 Posts: 7 Member
    I want to join this group! I have vacation in May and need to lose 20lbs stat!!!!!
  • bitabee
    MrsDillPickle, I made a Group! It is called "Svelte by Spring!" I think you have to "apply" to join, but I will just try to add you all!
  • alisaperkins468
    alisaperkins468 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! I'm 47, 5.8, weigh 160.
    Favorite color is blue. I worked as a Human Resource Mgr for 16 yrs and was dx with MS in 2009. I've been a home body ever since. I get depressed and lose 20 lbs, then decide I feel better and I gain 25...ugh.
  • mcespi1
    mcespi1 Posts: 25 Member
    Let's do this!!
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    I'll join-- is there an official group to join? If you can clue me in to that :) I would like to friend anyone who shares their food diary as well.

I am 8 weeks postpartum and have 15 lbs to lose...20# would be a huge bonus- I'd be estatic with 16-18lbs lost

I'm 30 y/o, 5'5'' and weigh 152.7#
    Also work as an RN, nurse manager (go back to work full time Jan 4th) :( I will miss my little guy
    Hobby: eating out....hmmmm that could be a problem LOL
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    If any of you share your food diary, can you please add me as a friend? thanks
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    I'd like to join! I'm 35 years old, 5'10" and 167. 20 pounds may be a little ambitious for me (I haven't been under 155 since I was 18, and that was pretty dang skinny at my height), but I could use the motivation! A little about me- my husband and I have been married for nine years and are parents to a sweet six-year-old boy, and I work full-time in city management. Food, all of the food, is my weakness! Fortunately, I also get up at 4 a.m. to get my workouts in. I loooooooove going to my barre class early in the morning, and I also run (starting training for marathon #3 in January!)
  • uwouldluvme2
    uwouldluvme2 Posts: 188 Member
    I'm in!