Hit my goal weight - I've lost more weight than what I weigh!!! (159 lbs gone)

Options

Replies

• Terrin41
    Terrin41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing journey, thanks for sharing!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    kikip38 wrote: »
    Annnnd here come the tears. You, my child, have just become my inspiration. I am exactly your height, and exactly 64 lbs over goal weight. My story is a shade different, as I used to be a size 24/26...list over 100 lbs, and then gained back about 75 10 years later. Needless to say, I felt like the epitome of failure. Like who does that? I'm now learning to forgive myself, and have succeeded in beginning again. The scale is slowly but surely moving on the right direction, but done times it's tough (like when one if my old "at goal" pics pops up). Your post reminded me of what is possible, and that I just need to love myself every day, as I am. For that, I thank you. You look amazing, btw :).

You can definitely do this! :) I had plenty I needed to forgive myself for too, and cried many, many tears. I'm here if you have questions or need encouragement!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I too lost a lot of weight, 130 lbs to be exact, I have since had 2 more kids and now need to lose 102 lbs to get back to my goal. While it makes me sick, I know that I have done it before and can do it again. It won't be easy that's for sure, but it will be worth it!

You look awesome! Congratulations!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Very amazing -- thank you for sharing!
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Way to go
  • fane8872
    fane8872 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an amazing transformation!
  • pbatayal
    pbatayal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are such a great inspiration. Congratulations:)
  • skmaynard34
    skmaynard34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I really enjoyed your story as it is stories like this that help keep me motivated. I'm struggling to lose 15 pounds and with you losing over 150, you've shown what persistence and patience can do.

Quick question, do you mind telling me where you got that plaid shirt from? It is the cutest!
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What amazing - and inspiring - results you've achieved! Thanks for sharing. Good on ya!
  • sianeve1
    sianeve1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! this inspired me so much
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This is such an inspiration - thank you for sharing your story! :smiley:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Much love chica! Props!

But you are saying, you milkshake no longer brings all the boys to the yard, it is pizza now? :smiley:

I still try to manage in both.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!! I can't wait to be able to share mine. So inspiring. You LOOK AMAZING!!
  • Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Gosh! I even feel so proud for you! You look absolutely stunning now!!!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I really enjoyed your story as it is stories like this that help keep me motivated. I'm struggling to lose 15 pounds and with you losing over 150, you've shown what persistence and patience can do.

Quick question, do you mind telling me where you got that plaid shirt from? It is the cutest!

Persistence and patience is really what it boils down to! And I got it from RoseGal :)
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Much love chica! Props!

But you are saying, you milkshake no longer brings all the boys to the yard, it is pizza now? :smiley:

I still try to manage in both.

Thank you! And yes, 600 cals of pizza is way more satisfying (to me) than 600 cals of milkshake! ;D

Also mini update: Ended 2015 at 148.6 lbs, so 160.4 total pounds lost!

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • decembre2015
    decembre2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MDF247 wrote: »
    5bwzpgxqyyy1.jpg

This is some kind of incomprehensible magic.

unbelievable !
    great before / after photo comparison

• decembre2015
    decembre2015 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ekahnicole wrote: »
    acrochel wrote: »
    Wow! You look so good :) Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment!

I was hoping someone else may have asked this, but it doesn't seem that they have. I know this is sort of personal, but do you have a lot of loose skin after losing so much weight? My weight loss goals are similar to what you've just accomplished, and I'm super nervous about having lots of loose skin after reaching my goal weight.

I wouldn't say "a lot" but there are some problem areas. Minor areas are under my upper arms (and that seems to be improving more and more with time), a little bit around the butt/thighs, and the most noticeable is definitely the tummy area (I was carrying A LOT of weight there) but that is also slowly but surely lessening. Next year I'm going to focus on toning and tightening up, which I feel will greatly improve those issues. It's definitely not severe enough in my case to bother with surgery to remove it.

so you havent had any surgery yet to look like that?
    (not doubting you, just want to use your case to motivate someone with similar stats!)

dont dye your hair black - its really lovely as you have it!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just starting out on my journey and came across your success story. What an awesome life journey you have been on. This is so motivational, thank you so much for sharing!! I hope some day I'll be able to show before and after pictures.
    P.S. Love the BMO shirt!!
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for sharing your story! All I can say is YES GIRL YOU GO!!!!!!!!' YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!