Sugars/Intolerance? Help me Understand.

12346»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    It's MAYBE an inflammatory response. And when that happens, immunity and neurotransmitter response can be disrupted, which would explain that pain you may be feeling. Couple of people to check with if you can: gastroenternologist and a registered dietician who specializes in inflammation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    arditarose wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »
    I think so. I guess I'm just confused about carbs/sugar in general. Sugar in bread vs. sugar in fruit.

the sugar content of most breads is quite low, and well below that of fruit. Bread has a lot of starch which breaks down fairly quickly to glucose. The response of blood sugar levels to 50 grams of carbohydrate from bread or fruit is broadly similar (depending on the fruit and its sugar composition). but the weight of fruit involved would be higher (on account of its water content).

Thank you. That was helpful.

So this happened again last weekend. I took a Benadryl and it didn't help. It's happening again this morning. Yesterday I ate a large hoagie and a cinnamon bun. It's definitely a carb/sugar thing.

It is probably more likely a wheat/gluten over a carb/sugar if you dont get the same response from fruits.

But I got it from the apples. The day I went nuts with apples (hehe) I had some pancakes in moderation and a 1 hot dog on a bun. That would typically not be enough carbs to do this to me.

You got it from 6+ apples. The quantity would probably tear me up.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    yarwell wrote: »
    I think so. I guess I'm just confused about carbs/sugar in general. Sugar in bread vs. sugar in fruit.

the sugar content of most breads is quite low, and well below that of fruit. Bread has a lot of starch which breaks down fairly quickly to glucose. The response of blood sugar levels to 50 grams of carbohydrate from bread or fruit is broadly similar (depending on the fruit and its sugar composition). but the weight of fruit involved would be higher (on account of its water content).

Thank you. That was helpful.

So this happened again last weekend. I took a Benadryl and it didn't help. It's happening again this morning. Yesterday I ate a large hoagie and a cinnamon bun. It's definitely a carb/sugar thing.

It is probably more likely a wheat/gluten over a carb/sugar if you dont get the same response from fruits.

But I got it from the apples. The day I went nuts with apples (hehe) I had some pancakes in moderation and a 1 hot dog on a bun. That would typically not be enough carbs to do this to me.

You got it from 6+ apples. The quantity would probably tear me up.

Tear you up. But not give you the same exact reaction as I had, which is a specific reaction I am getting after eating a lot of something.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Maybe you should list clearly all your symptoms? I see them listed various places in various forms, but things like excruciating pain... where? Tummy ache, headache, bone ache, skin pains??

Skin pain. No tummy ache or sick feelings. Just pain almost everywhere. It's not my muscles or joints. It feels like my skin is bruised on my thighs, sides, stomach, back, neck, arms, face. If I just touch myself, without much pressure, it hurts. I was putting on a sports bra today and just the bra coming down over my body and touching my skin was painful.

It's not so bad I can't go to work. I can still function.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Maybe you should list clearly all your symptoms? I see them listed various places in various forms, but things like excruciating pain... where? Tummy ache, headache, bone ache, skin pains??

Skin pain. No tummy ache or sick feelings. Just pain almost everywhere. It's not my muscles or joints. It feels like my skin is bruised on my thighs, sides, stomach, back, neck, arms, face. If I just touch myself, without much pressure, it hurts. I was putting on a sports bra today and just the bra coming down over my body and touching my skin was painful.

It's not so bad I can't go to work. I can still function.

It kind of sounds similar to when i have an allergic reaction to medicines.