The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Start Jan 4th

Options
123457»

Replies

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted all week. I had an MRI last week on my knee and went back to the Dr Monday to review. Nothing is torn so that's good. I have arthritis under my knee cap, some fluid built up, and my knee caps sit off to the side a little. All things causing the pain I'm having. Nothing too serious luckily. Dr gave me a cortisone injection to help with my pain. Well anyone who has had that knows that it will stiffen up pretty bad. So I took a few days off until it quit hurting and did the stationary bike this week. But next week is back to business with H&C :smiley: I hope everyone is doing awesome and has a great weekend!
  • mj4567
    mj4567 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    mj4567 wrote: »
    Starting month 2 today. I have a broken blood vessel in my eye and I'm wondering if it's from heavy weight. Maybe straining too much. I've never had one before.

I'm enjoying the program. Love the variety and I'm hoping to be able to push harder being more comfortable with it.

Have a great day :)

Sorry to hear about the blood vessel :( That can't be fun! Hope it gets better quickly! And you're doing an amazing job, keep it up and good luck with month 2 :smiley: Have a great weekend!

Thank you. I'm really sticking to the program. Maybe not the nutrition part but otherwise sticking to it.

My eye is bad but it will heal in time.
  • mj4567
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted all week. I had an MRI last week on my knee and went back to the Dr Monday to review. Nothing is torn so that's good. I have arthritis under my knee cap, some fluid built up, and my knee caps sit off to the side a little. All things causing the pain I'm having. Nothing too serious luckily. Dr gave me a cortisone injection to help with my pain. Well anyone who has had that knows that it will stiffen up pretty bad. So I took a few days off until it quit hurting and did the stationary bike this week. But next week is back to business with H&C :smiley: I hope everyone is doing awesome and has a great weekend!

In so sorry. My husband has knee issues as well. I hope you are feeling great soon.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options

In so sorry. My husband has knee issues as well. I hope you are feeling great soon.

Thank you! I'm feeling great now. I hope your eye is doing better!

Finally snapped out of my lazy funk and got back into it tonight. I'm behind now but I'm still going to finish it. Hope you are all doing great with it!
  • mj4567
    Options
    Anyone finish the program? I am finishing up week 7. I have stuck with it as written. I enjoy it. I like the variety. Has my body changed as much as I had hoped? No but I did see change and I was already pretty fit. For basically 35 minute workouts I'm impressed. Especially with my abs. How much this program Toned my abs without realizing it. I'm trying to decide what to do after week 8. I may just start this over. I may hybrid with another program. I will be riding my bike more as the weather keeps getting warmer. Overall I am happy with the program.
  • jodiom1
    jodiom1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing this round and starting a new round on Thursday if anyone is still doing this program, please let me know. My rest day is on Sunday. I am great with the exercise portion I just need to buckle down with the nutrition portion.
  • JennB1989
    JennB1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm done :smile: !! I finished on Saturday. My body didn't change much at all but I was in pretty good shape to begin with as well. My downfall was definitely nutrition (Fridays and Saturdays always get the best of me). I'm a big fan of Autumn's workouts so I am continuing with the 30 day Chisel option. Maybe I'll do the 30 days of Hammer afterwards but we'll see. Happy to be done the 60 days though (love the feeling of accomplishing a beachbody workout).
  • mj4567
    Options
    JennB1989 wrote: »
    I'm done :smile: !! I finished on Saturday. My body didn't change much at all but I was in pretty good shape to begin with as well. My downfall was definitely nutrition (Fridays and Saturdays always get the best of me). I'm a big fan of Autumn's workouts so I am continuing with the 30 day Chisel option. Maybe I'll do the 30 days of Hammer afterwards but we'll see. Happy to be done the 60 days though (love the feeling of accomplishing a beachbody workout).

I know. First time I ever started a program start to finish and it felt good. I may just start the entire program over and increase my weights.
    Congrats on finishing!
  • mj4567
    Options
    jodiom1 wrote: »
    I'm finishing this round and starting a new round on Thursday if anyone is still doing this program, please let me know. My rest day is on Sunday. I am great with the exercise portion I just need to buckle down with the nutrition portion.

I think I'm going to start over again as well. My day off is typically Tuesday though some weeks I have to move it.
  • JennB1989
    JennB1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jodiom1 wrote: »

I think I'm going to start over again as well. My day off is typically Tuesday though some weeks I have to move it.

I started doing just the Chisel continuation and I'm on week 3. I've actually seen more results this time with just doing the Chisel workouts than doing the 60 days of Hammer and Chisel... but my eating has also been a little bit better. I'll probably start the full program again after the 30 days of Chisel. But I really really do like this program. Autumn is awesome and I really like her training style.