My most recent aquisition

IMG_7172_zpsmrzcn8tn.jpg

He is a bit grumpy
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    k6hsu6zc5e5t.jpeg
    7o8ybe5ac8jy.jpeg
    This is Oompie. I also have another ball python, corn snake, bearded dragon, two geckos and an Argentine Tegu

I've always wanted a tegu!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Karn is so cute. My little Sugar has spunk. She gets mad when I trick her into eating her greens. She throws a tantrum haha

i have to laugh because i smoosh strawberries over his greens and he tries to pick them out. he looks surprised everytime he gets a piece of greens

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i own two snakes and they are lovable!!!
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    whatever you do, do not put the two genders together because they will mate eventually...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    mwsv8qsdsg5e.jpeg

That snake is so fat it made laugh aloud. :laugh: Why is it so tubby? Did it just eat an entire 2' sandwich?
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    whatever you do, do not put the two genders together because they will mate eventually...

You really should not cohabit snakes regardless of gender as there will always be competition/territory disputes. The exception is with breeding and even then it is only short-term cohabitation
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    That snake is so fat it made laugh aloud. :laugh: Why is it so tubby? Did it just eat an entire 2' sandwich?
    Pretty typical for a girl her age

Yeah, that is about normal for ball pythons.

If you want to see fat though, check out blood pythons. Those beasts are about as wide as your thigh but only 5-6 feet long
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Anyone else hit up Repticon in Baltimore today? :)
    Came home with : albino, Mojave, and butter :)

I was there. Came home with a pair of Dasypeltis medici, East African egg eaters. These guys are so damn cool!!
  • WYMANT0004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Anyone else hit up Repticon in Baltimore today? :)

Since you appear to be at least somewhat local to me, if you are ever looking for anything feel free to drop me a line. I have things available now and then and I can also point you to a few other local breeders with solid reputation.
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Thanks! I have things ok right now but would love to build my own racks and definitely be breeding down the line...got my pairs lined up but just gotta get first pair to weight and do more research.
    Those egg eaters are pretty neat!!!

I have built a couple of racks and it is a decent learning experience (still use one of them in my quarantine room). That said, there is certainly something to be said for buying one.

Best advice I can offer you on getting animals up to weight is to feed your females as often as they will eat even if that means you are feeding every day, especially for the first year. Because once they hit that 1000g wall and decide to go on a hunger strike you will lose your mind LOL

Good looking pick ups. That Albino is very nice
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Yeah, Mojave makes some nice combos. Truth be told, I rather prefer their combos over others in the hetBluEL group; The LeopardMojave and MojaveGHI are really nice and I hope to fold them into my Albino project at some point. I am pairing my EnchiMojave male to a Lesser and a PhantomPin this year so I hope to see some good stuff. If I hit the EnchiPinPotion I think it will be a world first