Cleanse/Detox Scams

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yeah, I know anvil and I asked them what it eliminates? no one could answer except for the poop answer LMAO.Then one woman said her mom was a nurse for 35 years and sees no problem with her using the product lol. I just said the more you use something that helps you poop the more your body will rely on it.and if she cant poop on her own she either needs to change her diet or see a dr. I cant believe that people will believe the hype. the first ingredient is senna,which we know what senna does. but people believe the "oh,its all natural,it cant hurt me"
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    yeah, I know anvil and I asked them what it eliminates? no one could answer except for the poop answer LMAO...

And there you have it. Snake oil peddlers will come up with all kinds of woo and pseudoscience, but ask them to point you to just one actual peer-reviewed study. Don't hold your breath waiting for any actual science to back up what they're saying, because there isn't any.

...I cant believe that people will believe the hype. the first ingredient is senna,which we know what senna does. but people believe the "oh,its all natural,it cant hurt me"

I've heard that mantra as well. I like to respond that there are plenty of "all natural" things that can kill a human. We eat mushrooms, but certain species are deadly. Arsenic is all natural, but deadly to humans also. Even too much water, which (in proper amounts) is essential to our survival, can kill you (via hyponatremia).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I agree but you cant tell them that. they will just say well this is different. oh well let them learn the hard way
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I agree but you cant tell them that. they will just say well this is different. oh well let them learn the hard way

As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink". ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    agreed
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Butter me up buttercup, it's detox time!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Op which detox do you recommend pls. I am in great need
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@CharlieBeansmomTracey post this:

everydayhealth.com/news/charges-filed-against-makers-nutritional-supplements/?xid=aol_eh-news_12_20151116_&aolcat=HLT
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If Dr Oz AND Snooki both said it who is any scientist person to argue with them.

To steal the words of Lucy Van Pelt d Ii d that scientist ever get his picture on a bubble gum card - or the modern version - ETonline????

;)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

There is one, but it's a secret. I'm afraid you will have to join our secret brotherhood if you really want to detox.
  • queenliz99
    edited December 2015
    Options

There is one, but it's a secret. I'm afraid you will have to join our secret brotherhood if you really want to detox.

@stevencloser and @tincanonastring

do you mean this? >:)

https://youtu.be/cIKBnKPchUY
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

@stevencloser and @tincanonastring

do you mean this? >:)

https://youtu.be/cIKBnKPchUY

So why did I think of Bubba when the boys are brushing their teeth?!? Forrest, Bubba, and cleaning the floor with a toothbrush....

• queenliz99
    Options
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    OMG I've got a liver
    Tra la la la la la la la la
    Don't forget a pair of kidneys!
    Tra la la la la la la la la!

I just had to. :D
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Hear ye Hear ye...I'm in love with a Queen. Wait. That may not sound right.

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you @AnvilHead for sharing. Merry Christmas
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    It's still OK to drink only distilled water, rain water, and pure grain alcohol to prevent the Communists from poisoning my bodily fluids with fluoridated water, right?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    It's still OK to drink only distilled water, rain water, and pure grain alcohol to prevent the Communists from poisoning my bodily fluids with fluoridated water, right?

I think that third one is used in many detoxes specifically for its sterilization abilities. It's on my list of top 1 cleanses.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I joined MFP before the New Years rush. Is it really that bad? Is there a lot of woo peddling?

Yes. Half because people get on that Resolution kick and the other half that tries to sell their products to those on that Resolution kick.