Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Following Carol's lead, I have been looking at posts on a dating site, and met a fellow for coffee today. I kept telling myself, "nothing ventured nothing gained" as I fretted about what to wear. And, "if he doesn't like me I am no worse off than before". We had lots to talk about but I am not sure about a "relationship" it may turn out to be more a friends situation. He is from Africa. A refugee from Muslim genocide. Since I studied anthropology, the conversation was more like an anthropology class than a date. Oh well. It was interesting.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    miriam! ... Good for you!!

Penny ... The video wouldn't play ... Which they told me after I watched the advertisement! Hate when that happens.

Beth
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Husband and I managed to exercise, do some shopping amid the downpours, hail, and wind today. As I was stretching in the warm pool, the sun did shine for a moment... Of course, being the thankful Oregonian I am, I stopped like a deer in a headlight, then it passed...

I told my husband to stop at a FRESH CRAB sign here in town. Evidently, Warrenton Deep Sea and Crab Market got some dungeness crab in, and put the sign out, I had to make him turn around. I got a whole crab (2 lbs worth). I am happy crab eatin woman now.

Making banana bread now, in my little 'mini loaves' pan. Can ya smell it?? My nose is hopeless, so I can smell a thing....:-(

Have a great day
    Becca
    Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Miriam! That's what I tell myself, too! I'm fine by myself so it's just a fun adventure.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Carol in NC - Poor Christmas the cat. I got a good laugh with this story but I doubt I could handle the other drama on a regular basis.

Allison - I am on blood thinners and even though Tom is not he should see a Dr. It could be as simple as needing more vitamin K in his diet.

Penny - Thanks for sharing the video. There is a video of my small town out right now. It's called the Most Amazing Harvest.

Miriam - it is good to get out and meet new people.

Sylvia - You are not being selfish at all but you made me ask myself if I've ever done that to my mother. I don't recall but thanks for reminding me.

Becca - I keep banana bread on standby all the time. Both my girls love it as their breakfast. Thankfully, it freezes well

Lenora - I never make more than one dinner, unless its to reheat leftovers. What I was referring to is that we have several meals that we all enjoy and modifying them may be a difficult task. Right now, I am using a water mug that I know I need to go through twice each day. This summer it will be easier but drinking water in the winter is something I have to do with effort.

Denise
    Small town in IL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,929 Member
    Options
    :)MIriam, whether it was a date or just a visit with a pleasant person who spoke about interesting things, you had a good time

:)Sylvia, you are more than generous with your son, don't let him have all you time, too.....you are not selfish.

:) My day has been super....the wind didn't deter the dogs from walking this morning or this afternoon..... I taught the beginner line dance class to 34 enthusiastic dancers...I did my strength training while watching TV (squats--three sets of five with 30 pounds, two sets of five with 40 pounds--bench press--five sets of five with 30 pounds---overhead press--five sets of five with 30 pounds--calf raises--five sets of five with 20 pounds and a hand on the counter for balance)...also watched "Elementary" while riding the exercise bike and knitting a hat for my hubby.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday evening. I apologize in advance for the long post, but I’ve just caught up on two days’ worth of posts.

Lenora – Happy dance for you finding that credit card. Cancelling them is such a pain in the #**!

Mindy – I’m so sorry you are having a tough time financially. I agree that you should call your lender. I work for a bank (although not in the loans area) and I’m pretty sure that our bank has a program that would allow you to defer at least one month’s mortgage. Hope things get worked out quickly. Good luck on that supervisor interview. Will say a prayer you get it. (Oh, and great NSV on the cute panties!)

Allie – Hope you have better luck with the Fitbit Surge than you’ve had with your other Fitbits. I’ve had my Jawbone UP for about 1 ½ years and have been pretty happy with it, but I’ve got my eye on the Fitbit Blaze that is coming out in March. I’ve decided, however, I need to use it as a reward. So I won’t buy it until I lose at least another 10 pounds. That would put me down 35 pounds from my start weight and my lowest weight in at least 5 years. I think that will deserve a reward. Also, I’m so glad to hear that your brother is working hard at rehab.

Terri – Good luck to Payne on Saturday. Too bad I don’t live in Milwaukee, because we have been debating buying Sophi a ball. Her coach has my hubby convinced. The bowling alley they practice at just got new balls and she has one there that she likes, but that only works for practice and home matches. If she sticks with this next year, we’ll probably get her one for either her birthday or Christmas.

Carol – OMG, just read your post about the frozen dead cat left on the church’s doorstep. Can’t wait to hear what the pastor says. LOL OK, now I’ve read the follow up post. I do feel sorry for the poor kitty, but can’t help chuckling at the thought of the pastor getting the paw stuck under the door.

Sylvia – LOL. I use both volumizing shampoo and conditioner. Now I’m certain that is why I am so plump. I’ll have to try DrKatie’s suggestion of Dawn dish soap. BTW you are certainly not a selfish bi**h. You do so much for your son and his kids and go out of your way whenever they need something. Your son should appreciate all that you do. And, I had to google a ceramic yarn bowl. Had never heard of one, but I suppose someone who knits or crochets would find it very useful.

Penny – Thanks for sharing the slide show. It is so pretty up there, but I just could not live there. The few months of winter we get here in Iowa is enough for me.

Donna - Good luck with your busy weekend! This summer, my youngest daughter moved her bedroom into my office and I moved my office into her bedroom. It was a much bigger chore than I ever imagined it would be, so I feel your pain.

Miriam – Good for you for putting yourself out there and meeting someone new!

Well, no show choir this weekend so I am hoping to get a lot done around the house tomorrow. Then, Sunday we are driving up to Cedar Falls to take my daughter Emma out to lunch. Then, she is playing in the pep band for the basketball game and we have tickets to the game. Emma’s birthday is on Monday so this will be her birthday celebration. We’re supposed to get a little snow on Sunday, so hoping that does not mess up our plans. The big storm is supposed to hit on Tuesday. The predictions for how much snow we will get are all over the place right now, but we are also supposed to get 50-70 MPH winds with the storm. We will see.

Talk to you all later.

Linda/IA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.35min, 12.3amph, 143mhr, 2.9mi = 98c
    ski machine- 35min, 2-8incl, 15-35resist, 145mhr, 1.75mi = 312c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.04min, 12.8amph, 144mhr 1.4mi = 84c
    ride dome 2 hm via 40th, w/kirby- 20.59min, 7.6amph, 157mhr, 2.6mi = 241c
    total cal 735

mhr = maximum heart rate
    mi = miles
    resist = resistance
    incl = incline
    incl = level (level 1-10)
    amph = average miles per hour
    c = calories
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Mia, sorry to hear you are sad and suffering from SAD. Sending good thoughts and sunshine your way. t113004.gif

Lisa, you really did get some snow! Congrats on picking up the blog jobs.

Katla, you mentioned that your yoga class was crowded today. My line dance class has sure been crowded the past two weeks. I’d think it’s new year’s resolutions, but I know some of them are Snow Birds that come here for a few months after the first of the year.

Donna, you just need to lay down the law. Give them jobs or make a list before you leave the house. You know they will do as little as they can. No matter how old they are, they are kids. Lol

Miriam, good for you on venturing into the online dating world. Finding a new friend isn’t all bad.

Barbie, you are really getting with those weights! Good for you. I remember a short time ago that you couldn’t find/make the time to do them.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I spent a good bit of time on the computer and a chat with my cell phone carrier today to finally figure out that my bill will go down by $23 a month after my February payment. I thought I was going to have to upgrade. I went to my friend’s that is cleaning out her closet and brought some clothes home to try. Only 3 of the tops fit but that is 3 more than I had yesterday. I also borrowed 3 that she is keeping that I’ll take on the cruise. I just don’t want to buy any more clothes until I lose more weight. Since I didn’t get a nap today I think I’ll get to bed soon. You have to guess what I’ll be dreaming about. t2230.gif

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,929 Member
    Options
    t2219.gif As soon as I brush my teeth, this will be me sharing the bed with Bernie, Brandy, and Sasha, and maybe Jake if he ever stops listening to his audio book.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    <3
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I had such fun tonight. The kids came for dinner, and I'm really loving our new big table. It's so nice to have space for all the food on the table. Then we played Carroms for a long time. There was a lot of laughing. We were late getting them home because we got so carried away.

It hit 71 degrees here today. It's my sisters birthday and I'm positive it was the nicest weather she has ever had on her birthday. Normally it's cold and icy. Weird weather.

Good night everyone.

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    well - can't remember who said what but here it goes -

the person that found the cat frozen at the doorstep so it can be blessed. in a warped way i understand. pets are family and you would want it to be blessed so it can go to heaven if you can understand that. true, it's not appropriate and not "normal" but i do understand it.

someone mentioned some guy looking like a rat? might be a presidential candidate maybe? if so, i don't talk politics, ESPECIALLY in this kind of forum or on fb for that matter. if someone in the group liked that person and their views or even thought they were good looking for that matter, that wouldn't be cool, just shouldn't go there.

i talked to kirby today and told him how i thought how he appeared lately to me. i prefaced, i could be totally wrong but it's just my observation. more on that later. he appreciated my feedback and assured me he isn't depressed.

barbiecat - glad u had a good day!

nite peeps
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm TOTALLY PSYCHED! Becky...my DSIL and BF of thirty years and I will be traveling to Key West on Feb 11 to 20 ... So we got together to have dinner and excersize tonight and chat about the trip. So we found a highlight for our week at

Clearly Unique Kayaks in Key West Fla

Check it out! The fastest Catamaran on the island takes us to the Great Heron National Preserve where we Kayak for an hour in totally clear kayaks down wind only leaving half the group at a reef to snorkel and then we switch and those previously in Kayaks get to snorkel and vice versa! You can do any combo..boat ride only...two snorkels..two paddles or the combo. Guess what we'll be doing!? Check out the website the photo galleries are gorgeous. February 16 girls!

On the other hand the last two days I have gone over on my calories by 337 and 441. Very unusual for me. But I'm also being lazy and only getting half my excersize in..which is why I am over. Drat. Well tomorrow is a Saturday at the grocery store the busiest day of the week and I usually burn close to a thousand calories according to my Fitbit and come home to tired to eat. My net for the week will be maintaining anyway.

Got my taxes done. I have a three or four year back problem w my mass tax though...I actually got audited four? Years ago and never sent in the paperwork. Both my parents were in Hospice living in my home and life was unmanageable. I routinely get $250 back each year roughly but they've held it for the last four? Years so...knowing you can only back collect for three years it still tallies up to $750 and that is nothing to sneeze at. I am going to be very busy working most days until Florida as my boss is awesome and he loaded me w hours before and after vaca...but I am going to get the ball rolling on this before I leave. I also made a physical appt for Tuesday the ninth and a dentist appt for Tuesday.

Now I have to review that resume and cover letter touch them up and print some samples to bring to my supers who are friends to critique tomorrow...and brainstorm about a doable tangible action plan to write from scratch...I will prob over complicate it so I will use Keep I Simple as my mantra.

Lastly, I tried looking up meditation audio recordings on my libraries audio ebook site and had all sorts of trouble securing one last night. Ultimately I downloaded n app for beginners. The prelude you could customize before the sample guide began I chose the rain background..liked it and fell asleep before I pressed start for the guided message! Hmmm. Slept better too. It ran all night. Does anyone else run an app to meditate too that they can suggest? Maybe I'll look on Kindle site too.

Chris. I hope your doing better.

Allie somebody already said it but vitamin K is the solution they use at the hospital for bleeding...my dad was on super duper blood thinners and would sporadically bleed horribly when he was under my care and I had paiative vitamin K shots I could put in his shunt. Not pleasant. Hope Tom decides to get it checked out.

DJ. You just made me realize I am down a couple of sizes since well a while and I better look into my stash to see about outfitting myself for the trip....going to go shopping in my spare room where all my junk lives.

Gotta go. Sorry for another super long post.

Mindy from a little town South of Boston
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did an hour workout in the deep end of the pool today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Xdiesel DVD. We shall see what that one's all about

kim - yea for you talking to yourself and then having the spinach/feta pie. I'm so proud

Welcome everyone new

jalapenotech - you joined by posting!

Heather - what kind of drops are you using in your ears? I have to use Debrox occasionally.

Alison - it was scary just Reading about Tom, I can't even imagine how it felt for you being there. I agree with Linda, Vince is on warfarin and sometimes he'll bleed at the drop of a hat or for no reason whatsoever, and it takes a while for the bleeding to stop

NCCarol - maybe leaving the dead cat at the church helped the person deal with the loss???? I don't know, I couldn't do something like that. when one of our cats was hit by a car, I had to immediately bury it

kimses - good luck on the interview

Denise - I don't know of anyone who can keep up, we're just too chatty. Sometimes I have to just skim the posts. It's a big help when others respond, that's when I find out things that I skipped over.

DJ - Vince is the one of us who runs to the MD at the slightest problem. Me? I have to REALLY be in pain or have a real concern before I'd go. Like I went about 11 months without a period, then suddenly I got one real heavy. That concerned me so I did go to the MD about it. He said it just might be my ovaries' "last hurrah" and it was -- thank goodness. Sylvia needs to retake a shower with some detergent that "melts fat". Do you like oatmeal raisin cookies? I have a great recipe for low fat ones.

After exercising went to Bi-Lo to get some clementines and this ketchup that's on sale that I have coupons for. I'll probably donate that. I was surprised at how expensive the clementines were compared to Aldi. Then I had to get a raincheck for the ketchup. I honestly don't understand that store. A WalMart Neighborhood Grocery just opened down the street, I would think they'd make a point of having in stock what they had on sale. Then again, by giving out rainchecks, they're probably hoping that people will forget about them and pay full price. Not me..

Sylvia - great find on the basket!

CJ - I've made the spinach/feta pie quite a few times, and it's really not a bother at all

Went to a social for the Newcomers. Before I left I had a boca burger on one of those skinny rounds, some carrots and a piece of the spinach/feta. There I had a bit of quiche, some rice and shrimp that I brought. Also had another 34 oz of water. I did learn to play cribbage. I think that's just one of those games that it'll take a while before I totally get it. But it was the same way with mahjongg.

Miriam - good for you going on that dating site. Even if nothing comes of it, you went and that's what matters.

Mindy - how wonderful that you'll be going to Key West

Michele in NC