Ski machine- 20min, 10 incl, 20 resist, 145mhr, 1.08mi = 191c
    Rope pull- 5min, 91ftpmin, lvl7, topset, 132mhr, 491ft = 51c
    Other- physical therapy session at hospital 45min, 131mhr, = 111
    Total cal 353
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Mary – there may be a college age or older person living with family that would like a few days living in your home taking care of the pup when you need it… just keep your ears open now, then you’ll have someone when the time is upon you.

Michele – I am glad Katla commented on your response to Bryan, as I thought the same thing – what a great response, but I forgot to say anything to you.

Bullwinkle, and Pip – so glad you have good news

Linda – I have done purple and maroon…. It’s funny to see the reactions I get.. the older the person the better the response..

Carol in Maine – welcome!

Other newbies whose names I forgot – welcome!

I had a crazy busy day, walked Levi 3 miles, went to the post office, gardened at a client’s for 3.5 hours- trimmed roses the whole time, met with an embroidery client, made and canned 3.5 quarts of applesauce, made turkey broth – put 16 cups in the freezer and have 2lbs of turkey I picked off the bones. I will make turkey enchiladas out of some of it and freeze the remainder. Then started taking down Christmas – got all the outside decorations/lights down and away, took down and put away 4 boxes of indoor decorations, pulled out all the boxes to put tree decorations in and have a load in the washing machine of fabric things (tree skirt, towels, ect..) I am going to a neighbors for dinner.

I’m tired.

Kim from N. California
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    c7nxsi7hf795.jpeg

Cute!!! I purchased a PT convert n love it, best thing I have ever done!!! My 93 year old mom loves riding , I got her a bright pink hat to wear.

Poor puppy, prayers, could be a fatty tumor.

Gayle Minneapolis
  • Dxmaxx
    Dxmaxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello one and all....over 50 and looking to change up my daily routine, watch my food, and keep my body exercising. Need some motivation.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talkin about.56c0tdixnhcx.jpg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did 53 minutes of a Rebound Fit DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Amy Bento Metabolic Training Boot Camp DVD.

I am here to tell you that cutting calories too much WILL lead to a weight gain. Things just happened yesterday, we went to the movies, didn't have dinner. So I was way under calories for the day. This morning the Wii showed a .2 gain for me. Oh well....my body will catch up. I probably won't do this today.

Becca - feel better fast. I personally think you have a great outlook on body shape. I commend you. Hey, don't laugh about buying a car that'll hold your water bottle. When we were looking for refrigerators, I would take a water bottle with me to be sure that I can fit it in to refill it. If the bottle didn't fit, the refrig. was out of the running.

drkatiebug - Look at the Polar water bottles. They are insulated, I think they have a good feel when you pick them up, mine fits in my cup holder, it's BPA free, in the summer if I leave it in the car, the water gets warm but not real hot. I don't have a problem drinking that water. Only I honestly don't remember what I paid for it.

Vince feels like he's still blocked up so he wants me to buy him a Fleet enema.

Welcome everyone new and those returning!

pip - sending only good thoughts to you for Bullwinkle. Happy Birthday Yogi!

Rori - I just sent you my email (even tho I think you have it, can't hurt to have it twice). good luck at the plastic surgeon and your mammo. Happy birthday! Sounds like you'll be having a great birthday

Robin - beautiful pics. Boy, you've sure had your share this past year. Well, 2016 can't help but be better

felasou - don't give up, even if you don't see a loss immediately, come in here and read about others who (like me) have gone for long long periods of time without any loss.

NCCarol - have fun on your date

Heather - what a wonderful pic of you!

Sylvia - kudos to you exercising even in the pain

Yes, pip, what is a retirement car? So happy to hear everything went so good at the vet's. Update: I wouldn't call that bug a retirement vehicle

katla - so glad you went to yoga.

Exercised then went to mahjongg today, then to Lowes foods to check one thing out, then to Aldi (I completely forgot to get the lemons!), then to ACMoore to get more brushes for ceramics, then stopped at Target to get Vince some suppositories. I got him the enema at Lowe's but he called me while I was in Aldi asking if I could pick up some suppositories for him. Funny thing is that at Lowe's I was actually looking at them!

DeeDee - have a good time at dinner

Linda - I don't think I've ever seen the Biggest Loser. I probably saw a part of one episode a while back and decided that it was all hype and drama, I just didn't have time for that.

Vicki - when Vince and I were going to get married, my father wanted to do it all his way. Invite the people he wanted (regardless of the fact that I didn't know them), have the band he wanted, the food he wanted. In the end, we told him we'd pay for it ourselves and have it OUR way. Yes, we skimped on some things. And I do mean skimped. I still remember paying $150 for my wedding dress. It was on sale, probably a few seasons out of date. But I kept thinking "I'll only wear it once". At least we had the wedding WE wanted. I really hope things work out for your son.

Beth - congrats to your son.

Carol in Maine - it's NEVER too late to join in

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Whoever asked about the 'bug' ... It is a Volkswagen - sometimes called a 'Beetle Bug', 'Beetle, 'Bug', VW. They have a very different body style from when they first came out. I had a new one when I went off to art school and could park it just about anywhere; but, then I wrecked it - ran into a man who had run a stop sign, instead of swerving and hitting a pole. He tried to blame it on me, because he said I could have swerved. I told the policeman that I knew the car would give a lot more than the pole would; so I had no choice. He gave the man a ticket but did not charge me. My uncle owned the VW dealership in Forest Park, GA. He'd always put money inside the car someplace where the service men would see it if they did the work like they should. For example under the battery which usually had to be taken out to get to the motor in the back. He said it made them better mechanics.

Cracker just can't keep from tearing up her 'babies'. I thought the ones I bought were pretty indestructible; but, she chews the arms, legs, and ears off them. If they have anything hanging on them like a 'tie' ... that comes off, too. But, she is so funny watching her play with them.

Lenora in SWGA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    <3Pip and Bullwinkle, glad all went well at the vet
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif<3 from Brandy and Sasha
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    15,000 steps
    121 minutes of dog walking
    taught the line dance class

from Gretchen Rubin about goals and resolutions:
    "You hit a goal, you achieve a goal. You keep a resolution.
    I think that some objectives are better characterized as resolutions, others, as goals.
    “Run in a marathon” or “Become fluent in Spanish” is a good goal. It’s specific. It’s easy to tell when it has been achieved. Once you’ve done it, you’ve done it!
    “Eat more vegetables” or “Stop gossiping,” or “Exercise” is better cast as a resolution. You won’t wake up one morning and find that you’ve achieved it. It’s something that you have to resolve to do, every day, forever. You’ll never be done with it."

from me:
    I can't make myself lose a certain amount of weight in a month even though that might be my goal, but I can make myself drink a certain amount of water, or do specific exercise, or eat a specific group of foods....those things can be my resolutions.....my resolutions will often help me achieve my goals.

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    Hi all. This is just a quick hello I went to a conference yesterday that was horrid; the worst I have ever been to. I got very frustrated there and came home with a migraine! So I have been out of it since then. Hoping the weekend will be nice and relaxing. Who knows, we may even get a movie in! Take care all, Meg from Omaha where the snow does fly!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Nice to know I am definitely not alone in this here journey of mine. And some of you said that what I said sounds familiar.....awww birds of a feather stick together.....cheers to us!

I asked my husband to stop posting "Page 3 ladies" on our desktop. If you don't know what page 3 girls are, its a UK website that posts semi clothed ladies. *sighs* You can take the husband out of the Navy, but not the Navy out of the husband. I said that while I know you only have eyes for me, because I am a wee bit on the sick side, I want to throw these pics out the window.... The fact that they are attached to the computer is of no consequences to me personally.... hahahaha.. We have a picture of a golf ball on a fairway presently. Those ladies just need to be put away until I feel better.

So I took the leftover roast that I had made over the weekend.....(yep that would be last Sunday), cut it up small and thin, and put it between some dinner rolls I had. One of the food banks gave out BAGS of dinner rolls right before Christmas time, so they have been in the freezer. I took them out, (after giving half of the bag to my 84 yr old neighbor/architect/super lady/says the F word in normal conversation) cut them in half, buttered each side and put them under the broiler. My husband had 6 rolls worth with melted cheese and steak sauce on each little bitty one. I am glad he likes leftovers!

Great wise words Barbiecat. "My resolutions will often help me achieve my goals"

This is a great thought:
    "Once you work on what's eating you, you won't want to eat so much!"
    from one of Oprah's friends

It's simply not just eating less and moving more. It can't just be JUST that, its more about the stress's that sometimes determine what and why we eat what we do. I am awesome in the morning. I make an utterly gorgeous breakfast that would make every fitness guru smile, then lunch is a bit more less pretty, and pretty soon dinner comes and I just eat whatever. Why is that? I know that the chopping, the cutting the preparing is the process to eating cleaner. I think its difficult to reprogram after so many years of not even taking my wishes into account. Being a Mom (and father when he was out to sea), I fixed what they liked. I settled for not being part of the food preparation process. It's easy to do. It's more important that they are happy, than yourself true? See that is just poppycock right there. So many times when we have been shopping and I know we are getting up to the amount we settled on spending, I would be crossing off every one of "MY" foods off the list. So then I would be standing at the checkout counter looking and thinking, "There isn't one item that is what I want". So now I buy my huge container of fresh spinach, my shitaki mushrooms, and my soy milk. And yes this past month I bought a new container of Royal Select Rice which is $9.00 for the blasted thing. And yes my husband DID roll his eyes at me, and I just say WHAT!!!

So awaiting my blasted swimming suit. I might take a pic of the old suit so you know what I had to deal with in wearing it.
    Becca
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Sweetsouthern, welcome to a great place for support and information. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. Also we request that you sign each post with the name/nic that you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often.

Yogi, Happy Birthday!!!! Best wishes Bullwinkle.

Robin, gosh I’ll say 2015 was a crazy year for you. ((((Hugs)))) Things will have to be better this year. I have every confidence that you can kick the diabetes. I’m happy to say that I did last year. Yea Come often and never give up!

Joyce, I hate that gain for you and know you do too. I’ll save your kicks for when your butt isn’t recently shot. Lol Just get on the stick and get below 200 fast. That will have to make you feel better. You know you can do it and that we are all rooting for you. Love you, my friend. ((((Hugs))))

Karen, it IS Friday!!! Woo Hooo. Gosh I have to remember how much I appreciate not having to work anymore. I loved working most of the years that I did it, but really, really love not working since I retired.

Kimses, best of luck in the interview. It’s nice to have choices even if you decide not to make a change.

Mkramraz, welcome. Yes it’s very disheartening to gain back some of the weight we’ve lost but the thing is to get back to healthy eating as soon as possible. I hope I never get more than 5 pounds from my current weight but if I do I’ll just kick myself and move on.

CarolNC, I hope things work out for the boy child and not living with you. I also hope your date goes well.

Kay, congrats on the 2.2 pounds. I’d take it too. Woo Hoo

Mary, Kimses, Kia and Penny, have fun in your challenge and anyone I missed. Not my bag but I’m cheering for all of you. You are already winners in my book.

Katla, I hope yoga was a success this morning and you got to do most of the moves.

Heather, glad you enjoyed your outing. And yes you do look happy in the picture. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr, yes, that is what you were talking about!!! Beautiful picture. Guess it stopped raining?

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

This morning I did my very active moving in place for 11 minutes while watching the morning news. That is getting to be a good way to start my day. I got some work done in my office but still lots to do. Tomorrow is another day.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pip - I'm glad that Bullwinkle's surgery went well and he has such a attentive nurse in Yogi! Love the VW!

Beth - great news for your DS!

Kim - great idea! There are probably even people that would watch him at their house.

Michele - that means you two are on the same wavelength!

Lenora - Shep hasn't done too much damage to his stuffed dog yet, only one ear down!

Barbie - great insight!

DJ - thanks! We need all the support we can get! Great way to start your morning!

Shep stood by the door for the first time tonight to be taken out to go potty! He can now come to name, sit, down, up, shake hands, fetch, and drop and he is only 8 weeks and 2 days old! However, he can still be a little brat occasionally.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Miriam - I talked to my daughter and she said that Schatzi's cone (1) was made so that it tied on and thereby tightened it up and (2) it had a rubbery sort of band on it that helped keep it from slipping.

I had a really good time tonight. It was a lot of fun just to sit down and relax with yummy pizza and good conversation. I left at 9 pm because he has to work tomorrow and he gets up at 4:30 am.

Carol in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good news on two fronts today. My sons thing went well. He thinks they will only keep him through the weekend to stabilize him and get him back on his infusion meds. Whoever posted the suggestion about the alarm, that is a great idea. I'll see if that has been considered. The kids are safely at their mom's tonight. (The child molester boyfriend is long gone. Now she is hooked up with an illegal alien from Guatemala who doesn't speak English and she doesn't speak Spanish. But he's not even in town this weekend.). The weather is supposed to turn nasty tomorrow, so I hope we can get them back safely on Sunday. When we were almost there, I pulled four five dollar bills out of my purse and passed them out. I told them it was just a little spending money, to buy gum or something. The step-grandson was sort of surprised and touched that he was included, too. I know give dollars isn't much for a 13 year old, but I think he appreciated it anyway. At least he pretended he did. He's a nice kid.

The other thing, is that I think the antiinflamitory has kicked in! The choir started singing after all. My hips feel so good I could go dancing! Not really, because I can't dance, but you get the picture. My hips, knees and feet haven't felt this good in many months! I don't hear the clicking and grinding like before either. In don't know if this is just a temporary thing, or if I will get to keep taking it. I go back in a month for follow up.

Well, I'm off to beddie bye. Good night all.

Sylvia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Becca - it is hard to change how we eat. Especially towards the end of the day. It sounds like you are on the right track! Yeah on the new swimsuit coming!

CarolNC - it sounded like a great date!

Sylvia - yeah on both pieces of news! I'm happy for you that you have no pain!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just like to read everybody's posts so that I know I'm not the only person in the world struggling trying to lose weight, take care of elderly parents, work on a job, enjoy my grandkids, spend quality time with the hubby, keep the house, pay the bills, and so on and so forth.

If I don't soon get a hold of the reins, I'm going to be out of "one-derland" myself. Thanks for letting me be a part of the group.

Donna in Wild, wonderful WV

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I agree with this statement absolutely. You are brilliant. "For those of you struggling with excess poundage - please do not go on any kind of crash diet program. The only diet that works is one you can stick to for the rest of your life. It took me 18 months to lose 57 pounds, but I have kept it off for over two years. The secret - I enjoy my food. I move a lot. I log - always, every day except Christmas Day. This is for life."

Your get together with your friends could become a promising novel involving three or four friends from back when. It could become an epic novel or a trilogy. I'll be in line to buy if you decide to write it. :bigsmile:

Sylvia: Can we be the Slob Sisters? I always wanted a sister. :devil: :bigsmile:

Becca: I like your January changes. You've made great choices. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Joyce: Perhaps your daughters simply don't want to follow your lead. I know mine doesn't and it seems so immature that I shake my head and roll my eyes. She's 36, for goodness sake. :noway:

DeeDee: I don't put any weight on my right hand or arm and I don't need any pain meds, not even Tylenol. On the down side, I can't put any pressure on my wrist and can't cut my own meat. :noway: :cry:

Margaret: I :heart: AAA. They covered our vehicles and covered our kids until they were adults. Any car or truck the kids were riding in was automatically covered under our AAA policy. As a teen, DD went to the coast with friends & their car broke down. AAA towed them all the way home, which was in excess of 100 miles. :heart:

Pip: I can picture you & Kirby & the pups riding in the convertible Bug during the summertime with the top down. :bigsmile:

dxmcaffee: Welcome. You supply the motivation, and we supply the support. Stop by often for advice and encouragement, or simply to chat. :flowerforyou:

Michele: DH needs a Fleet treatment from time to time. I hope Vince gets what he needs for relief. :flowerforyou:

Donna in WV: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often. :flowerforyou:

I had a wonderful time today. I went to yoga and had a lovely time. I was able to modify successfully and could do my version of every pose. This was my favorite teacher and she does a great job with those of us "of a certain age." Later I walked with my friend and we visited the site of my fall. The whole area around where I fell was blacktop, which meant any melt water would refreeze into hidden black ice. No wonder I went flying to the ground twice. I saw my elbow for the first time today & it has a large, nasty bruise, too. I thought I'd just injured my wrist. :noway: Tomorrow I won't be riding. Darn it. I can easily see that it would be a stupid thing to do but I don't like it. I sure hope I'll be back in the saddle next week. I enjoy the challenge and the opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DJ - it rained this morning and a tiny bit late this afternoon. Glorious sun most of the day. The sun is reflecting off the clouds in the picture. Jack took it right outside our front door.

Janetr okc (currently soaking up the sun in AZ)