• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of a Core Sculpt Beginner DVD. I tell you, it was VERY beginner. But sometimes it's a good thing not to do something real intense.

the plan for tomorrow is to do some of the ab DVD I have, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Mindy - feel better fast. I hate when I cough and leak at the same time. There have been times when I've coughed while on the toilet for that reason, just to eliminate any leaks (they leak into the toilet). Do hope Alanon will help you, I'm sure they will

KJL - when Vince is sick, you would think the world was coming to an end! He mopes around the house moaning and groaning. Me? Regardless of how sick I am, I have to be up and dressed. If I'm not, you KNOW that I'm REALLY sick. Prayers for your sister

Alison - feel better fast. I wish the best for your brother

Beth - I've made quinoa before. It is pretty bland if you just cook it in water. I would definitely recommend cooking it in some sort of broth.

Lisa - (((HUGS)))

Mary - how I agree that eating foods affect your body. I know that I feel "yukky" if I have a lot of carbs (processed). It seems that lately I've lost any desire for anything sweet

Carol in NC - (((HUGS))))

Lenora - if I have bananas, before they get too ripe, I peel them and freeze them.

Just finished watching the last episode of Downton Abbey. There were some things that I never expected. Glad to see everything worked out well. that's all I'll say on the subject.

kimses - you sure know how to make me hungry

ginadaye - welcome

Lori in OH and ly - welcome

Welcome to anyone else that I may have missed.

Michele in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! It's been a busy weekend for me. We spent last night at the lake in spite of the cold weather. Then came back home just in time for me to run over to Joplin for our clay club meeting. We had election of officers today, and I'm thrilled to report that I am no longer President! Oh, happy day! Also, one of my friends is a jeweler and I had asked her to make me a pair of earrings and she brought them to the meeting today. I love them! They are silver, and shaped like tiny clay tools.
    ppld3my27jn1.jpeg

Then, rushed back home and picked up hubby and we drove to another little town to look at a table that a lady had for sale on Facebook. It turned out to be a pretty good table, and she was asking $100 for it. I asked if she would take $80 and she said, oh, I would take $50. Hubby said later that this lady is not a good negotiator. So, we actually gave her $60 because all we had were $20 bills. We hauled it home and I'm thrilled at how well it fits in our space. This table is exactly the same size as our existing table, but it has a self-storing leaf that makes it square, so it will seat 8 instead of just 4. Now, we can seat the whole family at one table instead of needing a folding table too. I'm really happy with it. We had been to a furniture store recently and saw a very similar table for $500. Hubby likes $60 much better. Tomorrow night we are having the kids over for dinner to try it out.
    0sv1se7qf86e.jpeg

We took them out for dinner tonight and got home just in time for Downton Abbey. I'm going to miss that show.

Tomorrow there's no school, so I'm hoping to have the kids over here most of the day. So, I'll go to the Y early, then go to the grocery store, then go get them. We haven't actually had them over for quite a while, so it'll be nice. I'm hoping to work on some sewing with DGD #1. She hasn't even opened her sewing machine from Christmas yet.

Well, I'm going to bed. Good night ladies!

Sylvia

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, very nice!

I got the drawers finished for my daughter's bed. Still waiting on the pulls, but they will match the
    dresser. With the new hand me down curtains, her room looks really nice. I had painted the rainbow dresser a couple of years ago. Her bed was my grandmothers, a Jenny Lind bed.
    e0o82l1dickw.jpg
    imfx86rty69v.jpg
    20uwmxamozaa.jpg
    iada7cs4nccb.jpg
  • jmok01
    jmok01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    I’ve been keeping up with reading but not much time to post this week. Thoughts and prayers to those that need them and high fives to those with successes!

Doing my prep today for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Poor hubby – I get crabby when I’m hungry.

Spent some time this weekend trying to get my pic to post – no success. Thanks to those who offered suggestions, but nothing worked. I sent a MPF a message on their help page, so hopefully I’ll get an answer soon.

Have a great week!!

Joyce in SD (still faceless since I can’t get my picture to post)

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Well yesterday was just wonderful..... My son came in his cute little truck about 4 PM. He took me to the community center for the crab dinner, but I had him just wait for me, so I could get my dinner "to go", plus I just wanted to ride in his cute little truck. This is what is looks like:

http://www.americasminitruckcenter.com/americas-mini-trucks.php?tid=24

The steering wheel is on the right side, so that is strange, and as a passenger I feel like I'm a deer in a headlight, but its so cute.

Well, when we arrived back at the apartment, my neighbor was at the top of the stairs. I have talked about her, a feisty lady that says the F word in normal conversation... I told her were we had been, and what I got, and she said, "Aw that sounds sooo good". I told her it was $15 per meal, and she said, "I have that". So I gave her my meal, and out my son and I went to get another from the money she gave me. Hey it's not every day that you get a whole crab! I came home, finished making my husband and youngest son their steak sandwiches, finished making my eldest son his rice, then put on my bib, sanitized my husband's hammer and got to work. I could hear my neighbor lightly pounding too, and I was in messy heaven! The body of a crab is the best part, and I gently got out HUGE bits of crab meat yelling 'LOOK and the SIZE of THIS piece!!!!

Today we all traveled together to Portland. My Mother-In-Law is awesome! I actually met her and became friends with her before I met her son way back 31 years ago. She was the "breakroom lady" at a bank I worked at, and we got along great. The fact that I met her son when he was on leave, and asked her to bring me a picture of him after he went out to sea, and she brought his FIRST MARRIAGE PHOTO ALBUM is of no consequence now...HAHAHA... Since my own Mom has passed, she has become so much more mom-like. Today she made a huge salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, rolls, a WHOLE precooked smoked turkey, and a precooked roast (both she just had to heat up), and for dessert two cobblers (a blueberry one, and a peach one). *long sigh* I had TWO servings of salad, maybe 2 oz of the turkey, maybe 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and a drizzle of gravy, and a roll. Not TOO bad. I did have a serving of blackberry cobbler. Then she let me take some of the cobbler home, (maybe 1.5 cups worth) and I have scarfed that down with a cup of coffee..... AAACK......

Tomorrow a new day! Starting my swimming on Tuesday! I didn't go "off-track" too much.

(((hugs everyone!!)))
    Becca
    bloated in Oregon
    by my own evil hands....aaaaack
  • BeachcomberD
    BeachcomberD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, my name is Dorene. I started tracking with MFP last year--I lost my first 10lbs then in October it all came back. Too much Halloween candy. LOL! Now I am trying to lose my first 10lbs again.

January goals:
    1. track everything I eat and drink
    2. run 10 miles a week
    3. Organize and declutter my house
    4. get the house ready for my son's 16th birthday in August. That gives me 7 months to get it done.
    5. get fit and at a lower weight for our trip to NYC in April.
    6. get more sleep. This is a hard one since I'm a night owl.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    well bust my buttons, I was still under today, and I logged EVERYTHING....from the bite of chocolate mousse that my son still has in the frig, to the blasted 3 french fries from Dairy Queen while I watched my husband eat his hot fudge sundae' and my son eat his double cheese burger!!! I will stay on target......(like a plane nose-diving a bit) STAY ON TARGET......
    Becca
    feeling not so
    crazy out of control
    in Oregon now....
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies. I am glad we type here since you wouldn't be able to understand me. right now I have a very deep, raspy voice. I hate breathing through my mouth only. I don't know why but the only way I can breath through my nose is when I have my CPAP on. Since I mouth breath most of the time, I wanted something that really tasted good tonight. I am sorry to say we went to pizza Hut and I got a personal pan, 6 inches, cheese, mushroom and onion pizza. But it didn't do the trick as far as helping me taste anything. My daughter kept on teasing me and showing me the picture of their big chocolate chip cookie. And I was good and didn't order it. Will be calling doctor's office first thing in the morning.

Sounds like everyone is getting in the organizing and cleaning mood. I wish it would blow this way.

Sorry I'm not very talkative lately. Don't know what it is. I think it is because I stopped taking notes.

Oh, I did take one note. Mindy, when my Mom was alive she never had to pay for any of her inhalers. Her doctor's office gave her samples. She had told him that she couldn't get the prescription filled because of the expense. So he left a note out at his desk that I was to come every other month and pick up samples. I'm sure not all doctors aren't that generous but every once in awhile maybe you could get some.

Nite nite, Joyce Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,798 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies~
    well I am having warm lemon water and typing to you guys..
    I am peeved, I think my fit bit battery finally bit the dust..Tom will take it to work and see if he can clean it under a microscope...but I fear it is done... now I have map my walk on my phone, but really need something that I can wear that tracks the steps..
    Sean got down there ok, he will be going through detox for 48 hrs and then the real work begins...will keep him in my prayers..
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Barbie wrote: :) Penny, I'm not as far north as you are but I, too, have huge gratitude in January as the days get longer.
    Barbie, this comment inspires me to a micro-essay about light and darkness.

The light I saw on the horizon yesterday lifted my heart. All through the dead of winter we're enclosed - cradled - in the small virtual room created by our streetlights. When the horizon reappears, we're suddenly reminded there's a whole world out there, and it's thrilling. For me, the excitement lasts all through February. But in early March, the sun starts to go up and down every single day, and it isn't exciting any more. Just a couple weeks later, I start longing for darkness.

At choir rehearsal yesterday, a line in the Requiem made me stop and think. Lux aeterna luceat eis - Let light eternal shine upon them. Eternal light may be the essence of Heaven, but it's sort of commonplace for us, since we have midnight sun from early April to mid-September. Everything is always visible. The world loses its mystery. One August, someone even spray-painted a wall with the desperate cry "Can't it get dark already?"

There's no denying the first light of the year is a cause for celebration. And during those weeks in March when daylight lasts 30 minutes longer EVERY DAY, our bodies actually tingle. But then we get daylight 24/7 and things settle down. The candles and reflector vests and headlamps that currently clutter our homes appear entirely pointless.

Walking home from rehearsal yesterday evening, I looked across the fjord and could only barely discern the outline of the snow-clad mountain in the light of the half-moon. And I thought how much I was going to miss the darkness.
    /Penny feeling philosophical at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, very nice!

I got the drawers finished for my daughter's bed. Still waiting on the pulls, but they will match the
    dresser. With the new hand me down curtains, her room looks really nice. I had painted the rainbow dresser a couple of years ago. Her bed was my grandmothers, a Jenny Lind bed.
    e0o82l1dickw.jpg
    imfx86rty69v.jpg
    20uwmxamozaa.jpg
    iada7cs4nccb.jpg

Adorable room! You have done a great job.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Love the veggies!

Miriam ~ Your daughter's room looks like a happy place.

Penny ~ Eternal light! What an amazing thing.

Becca ~ Souns like you have a wonderful MIL. All that food must have been delicious.

Very cold for GA - 31 degrees. Even colder tomorrow.

We are going to a hibachi restaurant tonight to celebrate DIL's birthday. I think she want to go there because the two grands get so excited to see the chef cooking.

Carol

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Penny - Beautiful thoughts and beautifully expressed. :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the new folks! Keep on coming and tell us something about you. Sorry for those who have health challenges. My knee decided to play stupid today so I shall be icing it when the gel pack has frozen. Sooooooo annoying! Hasn't happened in a while.

We had to set the alarm today so we could get dressed before the electrician arrived. I put my exercise/yoga clothes on. It was nice to eat breakfast downstairs at the table instead of in bed as we usually do. :laugh: Did my exercises, but my knee was complaining. :grumble:
    Couldn't sleep in the night, so bought and read Spark Joy. It's almost the same as the previous book, so not worth it if money is an issue, but it kept me company for an hour and a half. :bigsmile: I just really liked the title.
    I think that is such a great idea - to only keep those things, activities and people in your life that give you joy. If they are not giving you joy, either get rid of them or find a way of loving them again by a change of attitude. I have found that the more I simplify and streamline my life, the more I am sensitive to anything that is even mildly out of kilter and the better I am at taking action to put things back on track. Even a mild wobble requires corrective action, whereas, if you live in chaos you won't even notice when things aren't working. I just do love that title - SPARK JOY! (Wish I'd thought of it) :laugh:

DJ - I love the way you are "appreciating " your drawers. In Marie Kondo's book she talks about thanking our things for what they have done for us. I find more and more I appreciate the things I have and they bring me joy. Like Barbie's "attitude of gratitude". One thing I really do appreciate is the lovely food I eat every day. :D<3 I think that is a huge element in being able to keep our weight down. Mindful eating and really enjoying every delicious mouthful. :bigsmile:
    I am getting excited about your cruise already! :flowerforyou:

Miriam - that bedroom looks wonderful. I can just feel the care and love you have put into it. I'm sure your daughter can too. :love:

I'm looking forward to seeing the grandchildren on Thursday. :love: It'll only be for a few hours, but it's worth the long train journey. We will be having a Turkish takeaway for the evening meal, just with DDIL as DS is having a meeting. Posting a photo DDIL sent me of them in the local park this weekend.

bin0i1jje5wu.jpg

Love to all, Heather UK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif Dorene, I hope you'll come back and join the conversation

:)Miriam, you've done an awesome job on your daughter's room...the room reminds me of the exterior of your house--bright, colorful, and fun

:)Sylvia, what a great table you got for such a reasonable price

:)Penny, I love living in a place with clearly defined seasons and such a contrast between the light and dark seasons. I appreciate them both. I, too, love the feeling of the darkness. For a few months each year I walk my dogs in darkness for almost two hours and we feel so private, like the world belongs to us alone. In a few minutes I'll head out into the darkness with a dog on a leash and a small flashlight.

:)Heather, I have just reached the part in marie kondo's book where she talks about greeting your house and thanking your possessions. I frequently put my laundry room, TV, computer, exercise bike, or bed on my gratitude list.

<3 Barbie
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a great day. Cold here but sunny and bright. Lots of washing completed this morning before going to mum's house. My husband is chopping down an extremely large conifer tree in my neighbours garden (the one that died on new years day). We asked his daughter first, it was taller than the 2 storey house and blocking the light in our kitchen. We have lived in this house for over 40 years and he had lived next door to us for 38 years, very sad he is no longer there. The neighbour on the other side of his house will be doing the same with the conifer next to his fence, both our houses are bought but the neighbour who died had rented his house from the council. The family received notification of 7 days to empty the house on Saturday and they are doing their best to complete the task. It really is heartbreaking to see this happening, cannot begin to imagine what they are feeling at this time. They are not being given enough time to grieve or to check the contents of the home properly. My husband and the other neighbour are helping by cutting these trees down and taking all the rubbish to the local tip. Not sure what kind of new neighbours we will find living next door shortly, just hope they are decent, friendly and will look after the home and garden. Life goes on and we all have to move forward and adapt to changes.

Have a great day everyone with your goals.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Omigosh! Why do weekends have to be SO short!? So tired after being home with a sick husband. Luckily, I escaped the flu! I have a home daycare, so he probably got the bug from one of my kiddos.
    Miriam: I love what you have done with your little girl's room! So colorful and fun!
    Beth from Omaha: I have been looking at your weather and temps; I will not complain about how cold it is here in MI. I know that your weather is headed our way, so it will only get colder for us. Brrrrrr!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, the grandkids are adorable!

On light and darkness. I CRAVE sunlight. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder and MUST HAVE sun! If I don't get sunshine, I use light sources that simulate natural light. I can get so depressed without the sun. I leave my Christmas lights up on my picket fence until spring just to make things more cheerful. I could never survive further north, and have really considered moving further south. (But I love my house too much.)

A note on the bedroom. My sister sent the curtains. They are a solid green, almost an olive green. At some point I will either pin artificial flowers all over them, or paint flowers all over them. I personally don't like decorating with green, much less olive green. But since grandma sent them, Isabelle loves them.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lillian: Can you arrive early at the curling site and get your time in before everyone arrives or stay after the meet and finish your exercise? :huh:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I paced in the house between rocks being thrown. This accomplished 2 things - I made some steps and I kept warm... still darn cold in there

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

When I went out this morning I could see the horizon! That's a big deal here, where for almost 6 weeks it's been so dark you couldn't tell the difference between the mountains and the sky unless there was a moon up there. Today I could see light on the horizon in the southeast. And it was only like 10 am!

Yeah Penny at the Pole, we are on the 54th parallel here and the days are already getting longer. So nice to still see some daylight at 6 p.m. I can just imagine how everyone there feels about seeing the horizon

Take care

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan