Bridesmaid in a June 2016 wedding looking for other bridesmaids or brides to be for support

Options

Replies

• emilyyytuckerrr
    emilyyytuckerrr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in May! I'm the one in the middle. I definitely want to work on those shoulders since they are strapless dresses! 4alq1gq5r3rq.jpeg
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    How is everyone going?
    I have my 1st dress fitting this afternoon. Feeling psychically ill. I hope I have done enough work!!!
  • lucyee
    lucyee Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bridesmaid in October this year, and planning to lose the last 10-15lbs before then. Having a bit of a dilemma about what size of dress to order, as I have to do it now... Do I order my current size, to be on the safe side? Or, given the quite realistic goal of 10-15lbs by October (lost 50lbs last year), should I go with a size down? (We're literally talking 3/4s of an inch off the waist, and an inch off the hips... both of which still have quite a bit of flub.)

I am also a bride in 2017, so hoping to have done a pretty awesome amount of recomp by then :smile:

Can also relate to those with previous disordered eating habits, so looking to take this really slowly and healthily.

If anyone wants to add me would love to have some friends with similar goals!
  • Jazzyt31
    Jazzyt31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bridesmaid in july...the choosing of the dresses is actually what motivated me to lose weight...was trying on dresses and was horrified with myself! I refuse to be the fat sister in law in the pink bridesmaid dress in pictures! 20 pounds down 40pounds to go for july! not sure how to add friends but feel free to send me a request
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    October 2016 Bride <3:#
    Goal - 6 pack by honey moon :D
    I have other goals also but that is my big one
    Feel free to add me I've been logging daily for over 80 days! WOO HOO

Expatmommy79
    I think I have a picture on my phone - I'll check

Found it
    uqn0ovx3a8ec.jpg

Obviously need alterations - I'm not going to grow 6 inches this year HA!
  • dorbelle
    dorbelle Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in November. Hoping to lose just 9 more pounds by then (also because I had a vascular disorder and I need to lose weight, but that's aside the point XD)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I am a june bride. I have my last fitting march 18th. the race is on
    bo37ych8wp9l.jpg
  • heldavi
    heldavi Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm a Maid of Honour in September... Hoping to lose as much as possible, maybe 35lbs if I'm VERY lucky! Fingers crossed :smile:
    Anyone else on a similar journey, feel free to add me!
    I'm 213 at the moment, hoping to get to 140 eventually.
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 - Last fitting in March for June? I have my last fitting the week of the wedding!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @purebells well this is the last time they will be doing any major changes. they will probably make a few adjustments closer to the wedding but they already had to take in 2 inches, adjust the arm holes and straps, and take like three and a half inches off the bottom.
    ooh i should be breaking in my shoes.....
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Got my bridesmaid dress! They accidentally ordered me a size down which is fine because I lost weight since I measured but they added sleeves and they made the sleeves too small on all the smaller dresses. I can move my arms but the circumference of the hem of the sleeves is too tight and I feel like my arms are sausages squishing out of their casings Oh well.
  • adomer3
    adomer3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaid in an early October 2016 wedding with 60 pounds to my goal! I need motivating friends!
  • taylorhussey94
    taylorhussey94 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ill be a bridesmaid in dominican for my moms wedding in November 2016. I want to lose 50 pounds by then so i started jan 1st! Down 12.5 poubds so far.!
  • ColeyBear1104
    ColeyBear1104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in a June and July wedding this year. I have quite a bit of weight to lose. Anyone who wants the support, feel free to add me.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in May! I'm the one in the middle. I definitely want to work on those shoulders since they are strapless dresses! 4alq1gq5r3rq.jpeg

We're going to be wearing the same dresses! B)

I'm a bridesmaid/maid of honor for my sister's wedding in July. Hoping to be down 30ish pounds by then.

Little off-topic question, but I have no idea how alterations work since this is the first wedding I'm actually IN and not just attending as a guest. My dress came in, and I'm not getting anything altered yet but I'm wondering how that works if you're actively losing weight? Put the weight loss on hold after a certain point so the dress can be altered in time and won't get any looser for the wedding?
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies can I join you all please?
    I'm getting married in July and have 12lbs to lose to be at my goal weight but also I am just wanting to tone up. I have a 1yr old son that makes exercising in the day a bit hard but I have now found a buggy boot camp and did my first session on Monday, I've also just started a running course (can't run to save my life lol) hopefully by the end of the 8 weeks I will be able to run 5k without killing over. I'm hoping to get back to horse riding tonight but think I may be aching a bit to much to sit on a horse for an hour!
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    zba6udczvbhi.jpg
    This I my dress
  • lizliberman
    lizliberman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have to lose one dress size by July 30th!
  • Carousella204
    Carousella204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bride in February 2017!!! Looking for wedding pals too!!
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    zba6udczvbhi.jpg
    This I my dress
    Pretty!